5AAA Discussion

coachinhoops

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Walker Valley will take this district this yea . I admit I dont know much about 5aaa but I went to see my little girl play in the middle school tournament held at Walker Valley today and what I saw of Walker Valleys practice they looked really athletic, had decent size, and shot the ball really well.

I think Walker Valley will take this district this yea . I admit I dont know much about 5aaa but I went to see my little girl play in the middle school tournament held at Walker Valley today and what I saw of Walker Valleys practice they looked really athletic, had decent size, and shot the ball really well.

Cleveland looks real strong this year. Probably will be between them and Walker Valley.

If I were going to rank this district it would be as follows.

1. Cleveland (Great young talent, new coach is the key)

2. Walker Valley (Return the most from last season)

3. Bradley (Can't ever count them out)

4. McMinn (Always have alot of talent)

5. Rhea County (Will be interesting as they too have a new coach)

6. Cumberland County (Will play hard and physical)

I do think this district is full of parity with the only two teams really being better than the rest.

If I were going to rank this district it would be as follows.

1. Cleveland (Great young talent, new coach is the key)

2. Walker Valley (Return the most from last season)

3. Bradley (Can't ever count them out)

4. McMinn (Always have alot of talent)

5. Rhea County (Will be interesting as they too have a new coach)

6. Cumberland County (Will play hard and physical)

I do think this district is full of parity with the only two teams really being better than the rest.

I wpuld pick Cumberland County above Rhea and maybe McMinn

What makes Cumberland County so special this season as opposed to past years? Rhea has a new coach and McMinn always has better athletes. What is your logic behind that statement?

Last year, Cumberland County didn't have a coach until August. They didn't play all summer. Didn't even have a team. It was also the first year of playing since the schools split. All of the experienced players went to Stone. Only two players on CCHS had any varsity experience - maybe a combined total fo 30 minutes between them. This year, they don't have Houston at 6' 7", but they have six or seven players who got a lot of experience last year. They also played in tournaments this summer and held their own without two starters.

Any info on who Cleveland has this season? Any size? Best player?

Cleveland has an unbelievable sophmore class that will probably make a run in the tournament. They are a very athletic group with a lot of depth. Cleveland also has three solid junior guards and a very strong post in Cagle if he plays. It seems to me that Cleveland will probably be the team to beat eventhough, Walker Valley is no slouch.

1. Cleveland, yeah they are young but they are talented, alot depends on the maturity of the team, coaching is solid

2. WV, experience is the key

3. Bradley, down year by there standards, no transfers this year either

4. McMinn, good but not good enough

5. Rhea

6. Cumberland, still a doormat due to split w/ Stone

The top 3 will be close and then 4 and 5 spots will be even closer.

Link to media day coverage:

http://www.clevelandbanner.com/NF/omf/dail...=0069309+cr=gdn

1. Cleveland

2. Walker Valley

3. McMinn

4. Bradley

5.Rhea

6 Cumberland

I think McMinn can get past Bradley for 3rd this year. It is going to be close between 2-4 but I see Cleveland running away with the district this year, and maybe make a good run to State. Rhea, The new coach is doing good with what he has to work with. We are just rebuilding and it hard to rebuild and compete in this district when you don't have the same athletes as the rest of the teams have. I think if Coach Williams sticks around long enough he could have not a great program but a good program. Well at least better than 5th.