South vs. Tennessee High

THSVikings2004

Please...don't even compare the 1st 2 rounds of the 4A playoffs in Regions 1/2 to the 1st 2 rounds of the 5A playoffs. You guys are basically playing the teams that you played before Boone and Volunteer were booted down the road. You are correct...it is basically a guarantee that the top 2 teams from 1-4A will move to round #3...as good as a bye as you can have. 1-4A has the 2 top teams and then is VERY weak and then 2-4A is a 1 team show. Not even close. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

So is that the excuse AGAIN this year! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Come on MG, you had all year to get your excuses ready and that is all you can come up with. I guess the complaint about Coach Clark this year after one and out will be that he runs the ball to much! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> SHHS may not have won many games at the 5A level but you didn??™t hear them whining about the competition and how hard it is like you hear out of DB fans and tricitiessports.com all the time. If you can??™t play with the BIG boys, give some of them students back to the ???Sullivan??™s??? and get off the porch!!! Ya BIG CRYBABIES!! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

By the way most of us play whoever is placed before us and never complain...win or lose. You guys should try it sometimes. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Stubbs spoke not a word, but went straight to his work.

He called out to Canty, then turned with a jerk.

Taking his hat off and putting his hands on his knees,

he gave a nod, and Turnbull and Young ran past South??™s defense with the greatest of ease.

The crowd rose to their feet, as they witnessed Canty??™s missile,

fall straight into Turnbul??™s hands in the end-zone (once again) before the games ending whistle.

As I walked to my car after the hard fought game,

I thought to myself ???Oh NO with out Volman, coacht will never be the same!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

The Vikings loaded the bus and as they drove off I heard them cheer,

To all a good-night, and better luck next year!!! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

You win. Well, I hope this isn't my last post, but if it is, it's been fun!

Stubbs spoke not a word, but went straight to his work.

He called out to Canty, then turned with a jerk.

Taking his hat off and putting his hands on his knees,

he gave a nod, and Turnbull and Young ran past South??™s defense with the greatest of ease.

The crowd rose to their feet, as they witnessed Canty??™s missile,

fall straight into Turnbul??™s hands in the end-zone (once again) before the games ending whistle.

As I walked to my car after the hard fought game,

I thought to myself ???Oh NO with out Volman, coacht will never be the same!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

The Vikings loaded the bus and as they drove off I heard them cheer,

To all a good-night, and better luck next year!!! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

So is that the excuse AGAIN this year! Come on MG, you had all year to get your excuses ready and that is all you can come up with. I guess the complaint about Coach Clark this year after one and out will be that he runs the ball to much! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> SHHS may not have won many games at the 5A level but you didn??™t hear them whining about the competition and how hard it is like you hear out of DB fans and tricitiessports.com all the time. If you can??™t play with the BIG boys, give some of them students back to the ???Sullivan??™s??? and get off the porch!!! Ya BIG CRYBABIES!!

By the way most of us play whoever is placed before us and never complain...win or lose. You guys should try it sometimes.

No excuses and not excusable...simply fact.

The reason SHHS isn't whining about competition is because they aren't even beating the bottom teams in the league and have lost twice to the area 4A schools.

Big boys? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> give me a break....North, Central, Unicoi, Elizabethton, etc, etc,etc, etc...Mmmm stellar!

NEVER complain?

"If I was fan coming to watch a game, I'd want my money back." Tennessee High coach Greg Stubbs said. "We played with no emotion. We played with no speed. We were slow out there. If our defense hadn't played well in spurts, this outcome could have been different."

Are you serious!!! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

We all know Stubbs can bring the best out of a defense and has spawned many great running backs...BUT DO WE HAVE ANYBODY THAT KNOWS HOW TO RUN AN OFFENSE...ANYBODY!!! We are never going to be able to win the "big games" unless we get a well rounded offensive scheme that works. At this point I would just settle for one that works!! In a game like last night execution should be enough for a decisive win. We were a much better team than North...we just have the sorriest offensive scheme and play calling in the conference. STOP BLAMING THE PLAYERS FOR THE COACHES SHORTCOMINGS!!! We should be as strong on one side of the ball as we are the other. We've been relying on the defense to keep us in games for the last three years. If we get behind more than a touchdown WE ARE THROUGH!!! This offense seems to be designed to run out the clock not to put points on the board (at least the way our O coordinator runs it, it is). We have many good players (MANY of them line up to play RB because thats the only glamour position if you're a Viking) so Baker is not the only option to make a play on this team. Play some of these athelets at receiver and for god sake THROW THE BALL!!! Stubbs HAS proven one old saying to be very true..."defense does win games"!!!

One other note: Taylor will be back this week and I expect to see the two QB thing again. Is it me or does Mason not look like he makes his receiver reads? If his first option isn't wide open it's a busted play for us. Several times their were receivers BY THEM SELVES and many times behind the defenders, and he never saw them. Of course that's a mute point if the play-calling doesn't change. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

About this weeks game...If our defense can hold JC to 14 points or less we will win.

That was after a squeeker vs North...I can only imagine what will fly after tonight /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> PLease there's not one of us who hasn't done some complaining at some point.

No excuses and not excusable...simply fact.

The reason SHHS isn't whining about competition is because they aren't even beating the bottom teams in the league and have lost twice to the area 4A schools.

Big boys? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> give me a break....North, Central, Unicoi, Elizabethton, etc, etc,etc, etc...Mmmm stellar!

NEVER complain?

That was after a squeeker vs North...I can only imagine what will fly after tonight /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> PLease there's not one of us who hasn't done some complaining at some point.

I'm not sure what that post has to do with this game or our disagreement...but I??™m glad you brought that post up because EVERY Viking poster can vouch for this and the stats will back it up??¦Stubb??™s and crew have progressively made stride in bringing the offense up to the level of our defense since that post (or game??¦however you??™d like to look at it). And that is unfortunate to opposing teams. We have had less offensive illegal motion and procedure penalties in the last three games put together than we did in any single game before. We are a double threat offense (scoring at least once a game throgh the air) that looks and executes with confidence??¦and that is also unfortunate to teams that don??™t respect our air attach. Now did the post have anything to do with it...probably not because I wasn??™t saying anything that they didn??™t already know??¦but you never know?

Now back to YOU. William Blount being the #1 5A team in the State doesn??™t go a long way in convensing me that the 5A compotition is tougher(maybe in this genaral area it is but who's fault is that). By the way??¦didn??™t Maryville (#1 4A) beat William Blount (#1 5A) this year?!! That in itself should end this argument!!!! What you are essentially saying is when you say "we play tougher competition" is the same as saying this..."Appalachian State may be top ranked against the teams that they play but if they had to play the teams in the SEC they wouldn??™t be so successful". Do you see now how ludicrous the rest of us see that lame argument we here time and again from DB? /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

By the way...if you are trying to stump me...I't aint gonna happen today!! But you can give it your best shot. I have about another hour left before my journey to Death Valley begins!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

As much as you said it #4 you definitely know a few things about getting beat deep. I think it was at least twice the past two years verses south, right. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

#4? I don't follow. Stop Curt and win, or let him run and pass all over you and lose, that's how i see it.

I'm not sure what that post has to do with this game or our disagreement...but I??™m glad you brought that post up because EVERY Viking poster can vouch for this and the stats will back it up??¦Stubb??™s and crew have progressively made stride in bringing the offense up to the level of our defense since that post (or game??¦however you??™d like to look at it). And that is unfortunate to opposing teams. We have had less offensive illegal motion and procedure penalties in the last three games put together than we did in any single game before. We are a double threat offense (scoring at least once a game throgh the air) that looks and executes with confidence??¦and that is also unfortunate to teams that don??™t respect our air attach. Now did the post have anything to do with it...probably not because I wasn??™t saying anything that they didn??™t already know??¦but you never know?

Now back to YOU. William Blount being the #1 5A team in the State doesn??™t go a long way in convensing me that the 5A compotition is tougher(maybe in this genaral area it is but who's fault is that). By the way??¦didn??™t Maryville (#1 4A) beat William Blount (#1 5A) this year?!! That in itself should end this argument!!!! What you are essentially saying is when you say "we play tougher competition" is the same as saying this..."Appalachian State may be top ranked against the teams that they play but if they had to play the teams in the SEC they wouldn??™t be so successful". Do you see now how ludicrous the rest of us see that lame argument we here time and again from DB? /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

By the way...if you are trying to stump me...I't aint gonna happen today!! But you can give it your best shot. I have about another hour left before my journey to Death Valley begins!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Have a safe drive to Kingsport.

By the way, the outcome of that WB/Maryville game is still debtated. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Ole Cap was nestled by the chimney with fright, cause he knew Death Valley was going to be a very cold night.

Stubbs was shaking with fear as he dropped to his knees, "My God" he was heard screaming "Curt's scored how many TD's?!!" /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

The Rebels were crying all cold in their beds,

With visions of Viking horns busting their heads.

Now, Turnbull, now Bible, now Canty and Dickerson,

On Shephard, on Baker, on Crump and Pendleton!

In the Death Valley end zone, the Rebels had bailed,

'Cause the Vikings were celebrating...

The victory they had nailed.

I hope you guys took care of OUR MLC trophy while we were away. No dents or dings will be accepted /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" . Get it all polished up because its coming home were it belongs. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />