South vs. Tennessee High

THSVikings2004

Nobody is going to talk to you until you start speaking English. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Clown! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Cap, nobody in Greeneville talks to him either. He is in charge of providing bulliten board material for the other team's locker room and deteriorating the other team's fan base mentality. Kevo and Barb will get up his crawl though.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pull that cap out of ur rear end again 1 and out what the last time that happened was 04 and before that it was 3rd round with yes a lost to WEST. not ur big time ths or ss rebs as i recall they got pounced on big time so more of the same this year so put ur tail between ur legs and walk home in shame like the good ole days

I hate to be the one to bust your bubble but Greenville is the Greenest of the bunch when it comes to the resent playoffs. As a matter of fact they haven't even seen the playoffs in four years!! And to go a little further, since 03' they have only been able to manage a 50% overall record 1 time (that means win half of your games)!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> From reading your posts I felt like I needed to break that down for ya. Oh yea...in 01' you got spanked by West 42-0. No need to thank me...just trying to help. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

To be honest with you...you wouldn't be so lucky. I can appreciate everybody's loyalty to there teams but you got to give credit where it is due? I predict Region 2 is in for a rude awakening this coming friday! There are many out there from R2 that truly don't think THS can play with Volunteer.

I gave credit to a 10-1 team at south last year and we beat them SOUNDLY. I am not saying we will this year but everyone up your way sure is pumping their chest about region 1 and rematches. To be honest with you, South plays East and the last time they did they went home.

Most of us in Greeneville think will be playing you all in two weeks if we can get by Sullivan East. I believe if I'm not wrong, that the clean sweep mentality as stated by several is from a strong conference to our east. Hope we both make it past the first round to play again in Greeneville. What do you Guys know about the Pats. Are they one dimensional re: QB?

spread offence...very capable backs...decent defence...pretty good team speed. But they will come to play=no push over /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Did not east have a great FB player/Wrestler name Rocky Maines in the early 80's. Any Relation?

Sure did. Rocky was outstanding and not sure of the relationship as I've lost touch with him. Might be related. Rocky had a younger brother Todd. He was great too. This kid is fast as lightening.

First off congrats to south for the win.

I believe i saw last night one of, if not the best high school games I've seen in quite sometime /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Man ..what a game. I still can,t hardly talk.

Everyone of those kids last night left everything out on the field. I.. in some strange way I am PROUD of them all! That includes south. I have never seen so much heart from two teams, both just refusing to lose.

And yea there were some iffy calls ,but thats football ya just have to take the good with the bad sometimes and keep playing, which we did. And still had chances even with the turnovers ,just could not quite get it done , but not for lack of effort ,it just wasn't to be last night. Just in my opinion ,but if Kennan doesn't slip on his cut at the end on souths 3...theres that dirty little word again IF. I hate that word /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> we were looking at a game for the ages in OT. I just hope both take care of business so we can do it again.

And for Curt... you are the man /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> and i never thought other wise.

And for Kennan...your gonna be the man /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The Vikings time is coming. I predict two first place finishes in R-I 4A in '08 and '09. You have some great sophomores. By the way, South will be nipping on your heels in both years.

Congratulations to both teams and to both coaching staffs. Thats the way you bring it.

All I can say is WOW, one of the best games I have seen in a long time. I did not want to see Tennessee High nor Sullivan Phillips loose. And believe me I say that with all respect. For Phillips, If he is not the Running Back Mr. Tennessee this year they are not a cow in Texas. And after living in Texas for 30 years I know they have cows.

The kid did everything: I think he was directing me when I parked my car, Looked like he was playing the Sax in the band at halftime, and the popcorn he popped was the best I ever ate. If I was the South Coaching Staff I would be washing the old boy's car today, he makes them look like a million dollars. And if I was his lineman I would buy and carry his lunch tray everyday. They were at least 3 plays last night that South's offensive line never blocked anyone and Phillips still gained about 11 on each play.

As far as people saying South is not a one man team? Phillip's is responsible for every yard gained whether he keeps or not. You have to have atleast two playing him on the keep every down.

The thing I think will hurt South is their defense. They have to commit at least 9 to stop the run and they struggled to cover the back out in man coverage, and then when they went zone they could not stop the run.

Because of that Tennessee High may have a chance to go a little deeper in the playoffs. IMO

That was hilarious but very true!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I gave credit to a 10-1 team at south last year and we beat them SOUNDLY. I am not saying we will this year but everyone up your way sure is pumping their chest about region 1 and rematches. To be honest with you, South plays East and the last time they did they went home.

It will be interesting to see if there is a repeat. If there is, South will join D-B as the great underachievers of Round 1.

Congratulations to both teams and to both coaching staffs. Thats the way you bring it.

All I can say is WOW, one of the best games I have seen in a long time. I did not want to see Tennessee High nor Sullivan Phillips loose. And believe me I say that with all respect. For Phillips, If he is not the Running Back Mr. Tennessee this year they are not a cow in Texas. And after living in Texas for 30 years I know they have cows.

The kid did everything: I think he was directing me when I parked my car, Looked like he was playing the Sax in the band at halftime, and the popcorn he popped was the best I ever ate. If I was the South Coaching Staff I would be washing the old boy's car today, he makes them look like a million dollars. And if I was his lineman I would buy and carry his lunch tray everyday. They were at least 3 plays last night that South's offensive line never blocked anyone and Phillips still gained about 11 on each play.

As far as people saying South is not a one man team? Phillip's is responsible for every yard gained whether he keeps or not. You have to have atleast two playing him on the keep every down.

The thing I think will hurt South is their defense. They have to commit at least 9 to stop the run and they struggled to cover the back out in man coverage, and then when they went zone they could not stop the run.

Because of that Tennessee High may have a chance to go a little deeper in the playoffs. IMO

Phillips is a great offensive player; perhaps the best in the last 30 years in NET. I would like to see some reply and debate on this on this or (better) another thread.

South will win or lose against tough competition with their defense. The best way to defend against Phillips is to not have him on the field. Despite the complaining by some on this thread regarding officiating and the crediting of everything by some (including you) to Phillips, the key to the game was the 2.5 quarters where South's defense responded to the challenge from the THS offense and shut them down. They almost lost when Stubbs outfoxed everone in the stadium and made a final drive. What a finish!

Neither of these teams can beat Maryville or Chattanooga Red Bank so everyone up here needs to calm down.