South vs. Tennessee High

THSVikings2004

Come on Cap, your not goning down that road are you? "IF" the refs missed those calls they just plain missed them, but I am sure they probably missed calls in your favor also. Don't try to take away from either side by saying the refs blew this game.

I heard this was a classic, my good friends over at South said that TH defense was the best they have seen all year!

I did warn them that every yard would have to be fought for, hate I missed it, maybe I'll catch the re-match?

Good Luck to everyone headed for the play-offs, I hope someone can bring a Gold Ball back to NET! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

WE ARE D-B!!!!!!!! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Looks like a rematch from last year with South vs. Mo' East. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To sum it up. Two VERY bad calls back to back (both fumbles and both going South's way) changed the entire tempo of this game and played an undeniably BIG part in South's victory tonight. If anybody can dispute that fact I would like to hear it.

You are right.

Congratulations, Rebels. Great game! Let's do it again real soon...

In all seriousness Vikes, you have a good team. Had me scared for at least a quarter. Good luck and lets do it again in 3 weeks. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You are right Volman we SHOULD get a replay in 3 weeks. But this one is a tough one to swallow.

To South...I believe Congratulations is in line. You guys played tough tonight, especially the D and O line. I was impressed.

With Coach Carters gameplan it's obvious that we will never know just how good this team is (or was) as many South fans have alluded to throughout this season. But a win is a win...right? /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> There are several players with obvious potential on that team, but Carter doesn't have the guts (not the word I wanted to use, but it will work) to take a chance on the others. Curt Philips is a great talent (his size and speed being his best assets), but I think the heart that he shows on the field surpasses any talent he may possess. And I could say that about a couple others for the Rebels but they are very limited on opportunities to show it....but I see it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

To the Vikings,,,this one was stolen from you, so lets be in a position in three weeks to go get it back!! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

To sum it up. Two VERY bad calls back to back (both fumbles and both going South's way) changed the entire tempo of this game and played an undeniably BIG part in South's victory tonight. If anybody can dispute that fact I would like to hear it.

Don't be baby over this. On the first call the South runner was clearly down and the second call was a fumble in a pile (who knows what happened).

Congratulations to South and THS. It was a great HS football game. By the way, what a gutsy call by Stubbs on the fake punt deep in his own territory. He almost pulled it out.

Don't be baby over this. On the first call the South runner was clearly down and the second call was a fumble in a pile (who knows what happened).

Congratulations to South and THS. It was a great HS football game. By the way, what a gutsy call by Stubbs on the fake punt deep in his own territory. He almost pulled it out.

Nobody ois being a baby and i hagte to use this but...the refs blew the game with two calls. Im sorry. But THs will get revenge in three weeks!! lol

It's late and I'm at work. Got to be back here at 10am. I'll be brief and elaborate later.

Satch...I've been there done that...I can spot it a mile away. It's tough to swallow when you got an All-State athlete in a red shirt. Walk a mile in my shoes. Talk later.

etfan...Don't talk to Cap that way in regard to tonights game. This was one of those games.

04...you're always the Diplomat...Overseer.

Cap...your words cover much ground. Where have I heard that before? We will discuss the game tomorrow but suffice to say now that November 23 is the day of truth. For what it's worth...the ref in question is from Greenville. I've got it on film but I can't tell...I've watched it 4 or 5 times.

Well well well. Great game tonight, one of the best I've seen in a long time. Hopefully we will see a rematch in 3 weeks and then who knows what will come for either team. Great game for both teams! Tn High, you may have lost but you played 4 hard quarters. Be proud of that.

I was scared the first half. That doesn't happen very often for a Rebel fan.

That's why everyone is playing so hard for HOME field advantage the crowd sometimes gets in to the heads of the refs its part of the game . Glad they don't have instant replay one of those....... /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

WOW all u tn high fans boo who lets call something on the refs they had a bad call thats all people do when they lose blame the refs if u actually thought about all the calls the refs don't make or the ones they don't see shut ur mouths oh and what is this royal B/S. YOU THS peeps do know u will be traveling down to greeneville where u will get smacked in the mouth haha Greeneville/South 2 now that sounds better any day nov. 16 will be just like the scrimmage way back in august and u will lose again ths

It's late and I'm at work. Got to be back here at 10am. I'll be brief and elaborate later.

Satch...I've been there done that...I can spot it a mile away. It's tough to swallow when you got an All-State athlete in a red shirt. Walk a mile in my shoes. Talk later.

etfan...Don't talk to Cap that way in regard to tonights game. This was one of those games.

04...you're always the Diplomat...Overseer.

Cap...your words cover much ground. Where have I heard that before? We will discuss the game tomorrow but suffice to say now that November 23 is the day of truth. For what it's worth...the ref in question is from Greenville. I've got it on film but I can't tell...I've watched it 4 or 5 times.

If Comp has seen it 4 or 5 times on film, and can't tell for sure, don't you find it strange that Cap saw it perfectly clear during the game? Perfectly natural though. We all see it differently. Had it been reversed, we'd probably be hollering the same thing. Bottom line, the best team won. After 10 minutes left in the second quarter, THS didn't score again. THAT'S why we won the game. Yes, you came out fired up and took it too us, but it's a 4 quarter game. Hopefully, we'll get the rematch and we'll pick up where we left off. We've now scored 21 unanswered points. I'd love to see how far we can extend that! But, we'd also LOVE to see Greeneville again too!!!!! Now, let's focus on Mo East or all this won't mean a hill of beans!!

I'm not a South fan or a Viking fan, but if I didn't have another game to go to on Friday I'd be there because it will be the game of the year. Both teams are very strong. If The Viking D can slow down Phillips there chances are alot better if not it may be Souths night, either way it will be a great game. If I had to pick one I' go with South 28-21 /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Headhunter, you are GOOD....Hope you had some $$ on that one!

Quit crying about bad calls, their have been bad calls made all year long and alot of them went the Vikings way. SOUTH won move on! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />