William Blount vs Heritage

jethro

I agree that it is hard to be as successuful only returnig 4 starters. Here is some names to watch though. WR Yousef Baskins 6'2 175. He has got some PT this year and should be one to watch next year. WR Josh Sparks 6'2 185. Also has had some playing time. OLB Dylan Keith 5'11 170. Not much laying time yet but should be a good one if he can add some weight. Losing the whole offensive line but they have some pretty decent backups from what i have seen at JV. 2 guards that are not the biggest but move pretty well I believe one is #72 and the other in the 60's. Tackles are both pretty good size one probably 6'0 the other 6'2. Very aggressive on run blocking. #'s are 71 and 57. Qb could be a situation. Defensively Losing all the starting nose guards and one end. DE Tim Hasset is suppose to be special if he can learn the position well. He is a freshman.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't being sarcastic..

jandj...

I'm sorry.... My bad.... I guess I'm just used to being browbeat by Mrs. tpoole12.... She can raise sarcasm to an art form.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

We may have sidetracked he thread a little, but as govsfan00 said there are several players who will be making a difference in the future... It will be fun to watch them develope...

Back to the present... The Govs will have to play smart tonight... The Mountaineers will bring their best and leave it all on the field... There are some great kids on their team... I'm sure it would make their year to pull off an upset... We must play our game, limit penalties, and take care of the ball...

You know, back when we were running the "T" , I wanted to see the ball in the air more.... Now that we throw it around alot, I'd like to see #7 run more... Guess you can't satisfy some people....... /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

See y'all tonight

GO GOVS

Qb could be a situation.

I think their best bet on QB next year will be #6 Jonathon Bartl. He hasn't had much playing time since he had to sit his freshman year out due to a shoulder injury but from what I've seen in practice and in the JV games he has a great arm and excellent accuracy. The only thing is he hasn't had much playing time but I think once he gets a bit of experience under his belt he will be able to perform well.

I think their best bet on QB next year will be #6 Jonathon Bartl. He hasn't had much playing time since he had to sit his freshman year out due to a shoulder injury but from what I've seen in practice and in the JV games he has a great arm and excellent accuracy. The only thing is he hasn't had much playing time but I think once he gets a bit of experience under his belt he will be able to perform well.

There will be several to compete for this position, Pelligrini, Bartl, Burton, and I like the Freshmen QB, but they all have alot of work to do... I think there are also some other options that may not be so obvious.... Only time will tell...

Anyone have any info regarding injurys or sickness??? I think Big Sam is back ( hamstring???) .... Hope the the "bug" thats been going around is over....

There will be several to compete for this position, Pelligrini, Bartl, Burton, and I like the Freshmen QB, but they all have alot of work to do... I think there are also some other options that may not be so obvious.... Only time will tell...

Anyone have any info regarding injurys or sickness??? I think Big Sam is back ( hamstring???) .... Hope the the "bug" thats been going around is over....

Hey Tpoole I looked at the roster to get a few names and Im guessing big 71 is yours. not to sidetrack or anything but the only jv game i seen was against farragut.great game. How did the O line match up against other teams like Oak Ridge and Heritage?

Hey Tpoole I looked at the roster to get a few names and Im guessing big 71 is yours. not to sidetrack or anything but the only jv game i seen was against farragut.great game. How did the O line match up against other teams like Oak Ridge and Heritage?

govsfan00

They didn't play well at OR ( "kinda got their b-tts handed to them" ) but handled Heritage nicely... Can't figure out the OR game as Farragut JV beat the OR JV... In JV the rosters are subject to change in all the schools due to the amount of playing time some get on friday... Yep #71 is mine ( at least thats what his momma tells me .. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> ) but he is a lot bigger than me... stronger to... but not near as good looking..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

He may get it from his Mom... (She's about six/six 325 lbs...) .... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> I'm sure no one one this board would ever mention this to her...... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

GO GOVS

Well....

WB 42 Heritage 2 .....

Nuff Said !!!

Was disappointed in the "cheap shot" .........

Yeah, I thought Heritage wasn't showing too much class ... there were several cheap shots that didn't get called.

All in all, I think WB got away with at least one late hit, but it was very borderline. One millisecond later and it would have drawn the flag. It was at the limits of a safe hit.

However, the refs were terrible. They never called holds against TJ. He was held several times and it was never called. The refs were going to end up letting someone get hurt with that sort of sloppy ref'ing.

TVGov, if you are listening ..... I think your and my comments about the banner against Bradley were heard/read. The banner at Heritage just said "Go Govs." and that was not even big. I'm sure there was a little bit of sarcasm by the art department, but I appreciate that they heard the complaint and worked to correct it. Much more classy!