Science Hill @ Dobyns-Bennett

I must be missing something. DB will be #2 in Region 1. That means they will host #3 in Region 2 in the 1st playoff game. Neither OR nor Farragut will be #3 in Region 2. It seems to me that DB will play Ooltewah or William Blount (most likely). /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> Somebody explain this.

One of those teams will fall a game back and down to third place this week, as long as WB wins.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good post. JC was all over us at the start of our game and DB fans were calling for the coaches head.People tend to forget these little things with a few victories.Region 2 will be a hard matchup for any team,but it wouldn't surprize me to see us win three of the opening games!

I dont think I would be betting the ranch on 3 region 1 wins. Dont forget DB has now been winning over teams with losing records including this Friday night. Some rearranging of the deck chairs has helped the offense along with dumping that idiotic offensive scheme they had the first part of the season. I guess GC started reading Coach T and got the hint. Dont forget OR didnt have their 1st string QB the entire time against DB. DB will have to keep a 4 man front or a good O will exploit the right side of the DB's D. Look to see a good opponent to force DB to pass. And when it really counts I'm not sure we can make the big play on Offense, maybe on D, but not O. The proof has been in the pudding and I think GC made the pudding.

I must be missing something. DB will be #2 in Region 1. That means they will host #3 in Region 2 in the 1st playoff game. Neither OR nor Farragut will be #3 in Region 2. It seems to me that DB will play Ooltewah or William Blount (most likely). /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> Somebody explain this.

The weeks results solidified Farragut, William Blount, and Oak Ridge as making the playoffs and in the #1-#3 seeds in Region 2-5A.

If Farragut beats Oak Ridge, Farragut is the #1 seed and Oak Ridge is the #3 seed. (The loser of the Farragut and Oak Ridge game travels to Dobyns-Bennett and the winner plays at home)

If Oak Ridge beats Farragut, William Blount is the #1 seed with tiebreaker over Oak Ridge, Oak Ridge is the #2 seed, and Farragut is the #3 seed.

If McMinn Co. beats Bradley Central and Ooltewah beats Soddy Daisy, Ooltewah is the #4 seed having the tiebreaker over McMinn Co..

If McMinn Co. beats Bradley Central and Ooltewah loses to Soddy Daisy, McMinn Co. is the #4 seed.

Yes explain.

The weeks results solidified Farragut, William Blount, and Oak Ridge as making the playoffs and in the #1-#3 seeds in Region 2-5A.

If Farragut beats Oak Ridge, Farragut is the #1 seed and Oak Ridge is the #3 seed. (The loser of the Farragut and Oak Ridge game travels to Dobyns-Bennett and the winner plays at home)

If Oak Ridge beats Farragut, William Blount is the #1 seed with tiebreaker over Oak Ridge, Oak Ridge is the #2 seed, and Farragut is the #3 seed.

If McMinn Co. beats Bradley Central and Ooltewah beats Soddy Daisy, Ooltewah is the #4 seed having the tiebreaker over McMinn Co..

If McMinn Co. beats Bradley Central and Ooltewah loses to Soddy Daisy, McMinn Co. is the #4 seed.

I dont think I would be betting the ranch on 3 region 1 wins. Dont forget DB has now been winning over teams with losing records including this Friday night. Some rearranging of the deck chairs has helped the offense along with dumping that idiotic offensive scheme they had the first part of the season. I guess GC started reading Coach T and got the hint. Dont forget OR didnt have their 1st string QB the entire time against DB. DB will have to keep a 4 man front or a good O will exploit the right side of the DB's D. Look to see a good opponent to force DB to pass. And when it really counts I'm not sure we can make the big play on Offense, maybe on D, but not O. The proof has been in the pudding and I think GC made the pudding.

I've just heared to many region 2 people write us off, not to give a little back.I'm well aware that the key to our season will go through the arm of Ring.Chris has helped the cause in a big way but we must be able to pass against the other regions.The coaches have done a wonderful job of making adjustments to the early mistakes and have been working on the passing game.I would still just run the play into the game,that is costing us penilties to this day.............We have been lacking at punt returns all year.We have tried Justin,Hogg and now Crawford.I would give two or three more players a chance to return punts this week,before it cost us another game .Lane done a great job on kick returns ?

One thing to remember is that Gilligan and Science Hill has nothing to lose in this game. Their out of the playoff picture, don't have to hide any plays from scouts, and don't have to worrie about injuries to key players. Also if you remember Smith said he was going to bring a new style of football to east tn. He said it wouldn't be unuasual to see them fake punt, go for it on 4th down, fake field goals etc, etc. Since he pointed to this game with DB when he first arrived in Johnson City, and since he has nothing to lose, I look for Gilligan to throw everything but the kitchen sink at the Indians. A win over DB would actually put him in a positive light in Johnson City and everybody would think he's turned things around. Another thing to consider is with this style of "desporation football" if a team has some luck along with it and the other team "dumbs up" it can really change the outcome of the game. But then again if you remember at the first half of the season when DB was 1-3 and Science Hill 3-1 there was alot of talk coming out of Johnson City and they were chomping at the bit. The DB coaches and players remember this and it will be a factor.

Coach Smith is very over rated. A good coach evaluates his talent and develops a game plan. There will not be any surprises at the DB game. The Hill offense has gotten worse instead of better. The Hill will be lucky to score. It would need to be on special teams or defense. The line is weak and Solomon is about as over rated as Smith. Solomon has a great body and physical skills but is not an athlete. He doesn't read holes and his hands are like stone. There was no doubt that Tomas Hill was a better QB then Sharp. You could see his potential Friday night--stronger arm , better speed and we had to sit and watch Sharp try to do what he is not physically able to do all year. Smith has let alot of folks in JC down. I wish he would have never arrived! Bowles wasn't winning but he is a man that honors his word and makes your boy act like a man. Plus the Hill did go to the playoffs the last 2-3 years. He/Bowels talked to the press about kids on both sides of the ball not just a weak ###### offense that Smith talked about all year. Here's Smith every Saturday morning--we are going to simplify our offense--it looks pretty darn simple to the opponents. You should of heard the rambling speech he gave at his parents meeting on picture day--I told my wife that I was concerned with the way he addressed the crowd--not very professional and rambling all over the place. The Hill got sold a pig in the poke with this dude Smith.

WatchDoggy I will give you credit,you have been on target all year.I don't know who you are but you seem to be correct about alot of things.You don't care who you make mad or talk about.Some DB fans don't like hearing the truth.Hope our bubble doesn't get busted again this year.

I've just heared to many region 2 people write us off, not to give a little back.I'm well aware that the key to our season will go through the arm of Ring.Chris has helped the cause in a big way but we must be able to pass against the other regions.The coaches have done a wonderful job of making adjustments to the early mistakes and have been working on the passing game.I would still just run the play into the game,that is costing us penilties to this day.............We have been lacking at punt returns all year.We have tried Justin,Hogg and now Crawford.I would give two or three more players a chance to return punts this week,before it cost us another game .Lane done a great job on kick returns ?

Not much success on punt returns because the block is always run. If CGC would setup a return, DBHS has the talent to take some to the house......

I can see using the block sometimes, but there have been times this year where DBHS has been penalized for running into or roughing the punter. You can't block every punt. At this point in time, a return game would actually surprise DB's opponents and give them something else to prepare for.

I'm a believer that you can reduce your opponents effectiveness, if they have a few more things to prepare for and think about.

Why isn't Lane back there than? Did you use to be DB DAD ?

Coach Smith is very over rated. A good coach evaluates his talent and develops a game plan. There will not be any surprises at the DB game. The Hill offense has gotten worse instead of better. The Hill will be lucky to score. It would need to be on special teams or defense. The line is weak and Solomon is about as over rated as Smith. Solomon has a great body and physical skills but is not an athlete. He doesn't read holes and his hands are like stone. There was no doubt that Tomas Hill was a better QB then Sharp. You could see his potential Friday night--stronger arm , better speed and we had to sit and watch Sharp try to do what he is not physically able to do all year. Smith has let alot of folks in JC down. I wish he would have never arrived! Bowles wasn't winning but he is a man that honors his word and makes your boy act like a man. Plus the Hill did go to the playoffs the last 2-3 years. He/Bowels talked to the press about kids on both sides of the ball not just a weak ###### offense that Smith talked about all year. Here's Smith every Saturday morning--we are going to simplify our offense--it looks pretty darn simple to the opponents. You should of heard the rambling speech he gave at his parents meeting on picture day--I told my wife that I was concerned with the way he addressed the crowd--not very professional and rambling all over the place. The Hill got sold a pig in the poke with this dude Smith.

I hope you are wrong, but I am sure a lot of people are wondering the same thing you are. It's all I hear around town sadly. The biggest thing I want the program to focus on during the off season is strength/conditioning. They are much weaker than the other 5a teams and not very explosive. I think SS should be given a pass and go this season. He may have underestimated the "toughness" in East Tennessee. I know when he first arrived he talked about how athletic Indy, Ravenwood and Brentwood's region is. However, he should have focused on how physically tough the teams are in East Tennessee instead of telling everyone about the wonderful speed in Davidson/Williamson Counties. No doubt there are good teams in that area of the state, I know, I used to live down there. But SS needs to come to grips with the style of Football played in East Tennessee. Having a offense that is balanced is the key and Science Hill has shown zero balance this year, in fact, the offense is very, very predictible. I really, really want the Toppers to have a viable Football Program. Lord knows the community needs it. Maybe SS will prove us all wrong. I do think the kids and parents have to stand by SS and give him time. Quiet honestly they have NO choice as recent history has shown us there is no football tradition in Johnson City. The only direction is up! Stay positive!