Crockett Vs Dyer County

crockett78

Yea its early, but lets get it started already. Crockett County NEEDS this win to get in. The Cavaliers are not the same team that lost to Covington and Humbolt in the beginning of the season. Apart from the Haywood game the cavs have been one or two plays from beating alot of teams (e.g. Dyersburg's two big plays in the second half that gave them the win, the two point conversion v. South Side, and two close games at the beginning of the year with Covington and Humbolt).The Choctaws are Region Champs so what do they need? Crockett needs more, they need in. If they win they are in(and if im not mistaking even if Covington wins as well ,Crockett still gets in on number of victories.....Covington beat Crockett, Crockett beat Ripley, and Ripley beat Covington = Tie, so it goes to Number of victories)

Crockett must come out and play the best ball they have all year!!! They have so much riding on this One game.

*Just two years ago Livingston Academy (5-5) got into the playoffs in the Fourth Seed. They went on to beat Carter(9-1), Austin East (7-4),Knoxville Catholic (11-1), Notre Dame (13-0), and David Lipscomb (13-1) to be crowned 3A State Champs, so keep ur heads up boys there is still the possibility for a lot of football on the horizon.....THIS GAME COULD BE UR LAST!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea its early, but lets get it started already. Crockett County NEEDS this win to get in. The Cavaliers are not the same team that lost to Covington and Humbolt in the beginning of the season. Apart from the Haywood game the cavs have been one or two plays from beating alot of teams (e.g. Dyersburg's two big plays in the second half that gave them the win, the two point conversion v. South Side, and two close games at the beginning of the year with Covington and Humbolt).The Choctaws are Region Champs so what do they need? Crockett needs more, they need in. If they win they are in(and if im not mistaking even if Covington wins as well ,Crockett still gets in on number of victories.....Covington beat Crockett, Crockett beat Ripley, and Ripley beat Covington = Tie, so it goes to Number of victories)

Crockett must come out and play the best ball they have all year!!! They have so much riding on this One game.

*Just two years ago Livingston Academy (5-5) got into the playoffs in the Fourth Seed. They went on to beat Carter(9-1), Austin East (7-4),Knoxville Catholic (11-1), Notre Dame (13-0), and David Lipscomb (13-1) to be crowned 3A State Champs, so keep ur heads up boys there is still the possibility for a lot of football on the horizon.....THIS GAME COULD BE UR LAST!

IF IM NOT MISTAKEN THE CAVS NEED FOR HAYWOOD TO BEAT RIPLEY,BUT ITS BEST TO TAKE MATTERS INTO YOUR OWN HANDS AS YOU HAVE THE PAST 5-6 WEEKS PLAYING HARD AND WIN . SHOULD RIPLEY BEAT HAYWOOD AND YALL LOSE TO DC THEN YOUR OUT. YALL HAVE MADE GREAT STRIDES THIS YEAR AND HAVE NOTHING TO BE ASHAMED OF WITH YOUR HARD PLAY,DESIRE,HEART !

This will be closer than the experts may think....DC will have to stay away from the "Big Head Syndrome"...Everyone at school and everywhere they go in Newbern people will be patting the Choctaw players on the back saying how proud they are of them and how wonderful they are....

P.A. Pratt will have his team prepared..They will be ready to play..I saw CC and D-Burg on T.V and know that if that wide open receiver catches that pass in the end zone,the Cavs may have beaten the Trojans.....Crockett is very dangerous....This could be a trap game for the Choctaws....

I think alot of people are annointing the Choctaws and Trojans for a match-up to go off and play in the semis but there is a team lurking over in Brownsville that will have a HUGE say in who goes over to play in Middle Tennessee in Week 14.....

Good Luck to both teams....I'm predicting that Dyer County will come of this one with a very close win over Crockett County.....

To me, this is DC's 2nd biggest game of the year.

Coming off a big win, and being able to re-focus quickly on the task at hand shows great discipline amongst the coaching staff, and the young players. This type of focus needs to happen, and happen quick.

If the NCAA season has been ANY example.. Any team can win on Any Given Night.

DC needs to be on upset watch, because Crockett County's going to be playing for keeps.

DC also needs a solid win with great execution, to keep the momentum going for the playoffs.

This will be closer than the experts may think....DC will have to stay away from the "Big Head Syndrome"...Everyone at school and everywhere they go in Newbern people will be patting the Choctaw players on the back saying how proud they are of them and how wonderful they are....

P.A. Pratt will have his team prepared..They will be ready to play..I saw CC and D-Burg on T.V and know that if that wide open receiver catches that pass in the end zone,the Cavs may have beaten the Trojans.....Crockett is very dangerous....This could be a trap game for the Choctaws....

I think alot of people are annointing the Choctaws and Trojans for a match-up to go off and play in the semis but there is a team lurking over in Brownsville that will have a HUGE say in who goes over to play in Middle Tennessee in Week 14.....

Good Luck to both teams....I'm predicting that Dyer County will come of this one with a very close win over Crockett County.....

yeah im scared of haywood too they are playing sum good football and plus haywood is a play-off team anyway they always turn it up notch aroiund dis time

We Must Not leave out Region 8-3AAA teams WHO will have a STRONG say in the playoffs As will Haywood. DHS/DC REMATCH NOT ANY EASY GO FOR EITHER OF THEM THO THEY MUST PLAY ONE GAME AT A TIME WITH THE HEART ZEAL THEY HAVE EXEMPLIED ALL YEAR EACH AND EVERY GAME. The Choctaws Should be very aware of the Improving Cavs play the past 6 weeks. Yall are in should Haywood beat Ripley . BTW Region 5-3AAA/Region 6-AAA has to play at Region 7-AAA /Region 8-AAA winner this year. Its a new format TSSAA has made for alternating years. Regions 3/4 AAA AND Region 7/8 AAA TEAMS PLAY AT HOME THIS YEAR. GO TROJANS !! GO CHOCTAWS !!

We Must Not leave out Region 8-3AAA teams WHO will have a STRONG say in the playoffs As will Haywood. DHS/DC REMATCH NOT ANY EASY GO FOR EITHER OF THEM THO THEY MUST PLAY ONE GAME AT A TIME WITH THE HEART ZEAL THEY HAVE EXEMPLIED ALL YEAR EACH AND EVERY GAME. The Choctaws Should be very aware of the Improving Cavs play the past 6 weeks. Yall are in should Haywood beat Ripley . BTW Region 5-3AAA/Region 6-AAA has to play at Region 7-AAA /Region 8-AAA winner this year. Its a new format TSSAA has made for alternating years. Regions 3/4 AAA AND Region 7/8 AAA TEAMS PLAY AT HOME THIS YEAR. GO TROJANS !! GO CHOCTAWS !!

crockett will be ready and apperently d.c. will too like they showed us last night!!!!!!!!Congrats to d.c. and we will see yall in the playoffs......BRING YA A GAME!!!!!!!!!

crockett will be ready and apperently d.c. will too like they showed us last night!!!!!!!!Congrats to d.c. and we will see yall in the playoffs......BRING YA A GAME!!!!!!!!!

My Son told me some weeks back that they were "on a mission"! I acknowledged his comment (with a grain of salt). But this group will NOT overlook Crockett !Since then he & his teammates have made a beleiver out of me ! I have not seen the kind of focus or resolve in a Dyer County team since the early to mid 70's ! Much like Dyersburg in the past few years, Crockett has "spanked our bottoms blue"! So I would speculate that the intensity & focus will pick up Monday just as it has every week so far. D.C. has respect for the Cavs & Coach Pratts ability to prepare his players for the "BIG GAME" ! They are vaery aware of the Cavs desire to "steal their thunder" ! I will make no prediction for this game as I have not made a prediction all year, because I stand on the "ANY GIVEN FRIDAY NIGHT" theory. However Coach Renshaw after last nights victory over the Trojans was very emphatic about enjoying this victory over the weekend & come to practice on Monday ready to go to work. Additionally the loss to Mcnairy early, humbled the Choctaws & they came back with a vengance. I feel that they will continue to work hard & approach each game ONE AT A TIME ! On another note (only since the Dyersburg Thread has been closed) I would like to commend the scout team for D.C. for giving up their bodies all week long in preparation for last nights game. Peyton Lucas, Barbee & all the rest of you guys are to be commended for givin it up & doing everything you could to make your T-E-A-M as ready as posible for the Trojans. I know after things were as physical as they were last week that this is a lot to ask, BUT.... please put forth that same effort this week for the Crockett game ! You guys are a HUGE factor in the success thus far & hopefully the success to come! You have ALL MY RESPECT for a job well done all year ! KNOW THIS !! YOUR TIME WILL COME !

For now MAKE THOSE STARTERS WORK ! TAKE IT TO THEM ! FORCE THEM TO BE READY FOR A VERY FORMIDABLE CROCKETT TEAM ! THE CAVS ARE GONNA COME IN HUNGRY & NO OFFENSE, BUT I WOUD LIKE TO AVENGE THE "SPANKINS" THAT WE HAVE TAKEN OVER THE PAST SEASONS BY THE CAVS ! NO MALICOUS INTENT CAV FANS, Y'ALL ARE A CLASS BUNCH ! BUT I HAVE BEEN & ALWAYS WILL BE A CHOCTAW ! IT GOES BACK DECADES & I CAN'T SEEM TO GET OVER IT !

GOOO CHOCTAWS !

I don't see DC losing any focus on this one. Dc is playing their best football and it will tough for them to be stopped by anybody right now. They have seemed to hit stride right at the right time. I know that last year the semis where in Dyersburg, but I don't know how the would end up back in the west given last year. They did change alot of the things that were going on in the region, given that Given we were on the road last year for crockett, and this year we were on the road for Crockett again so....It would be cool to see it back in the west given how good of a chance we have this year for it to be in this County.

We do need to keep an eye on Memphis and 83A becuz any team from Memphis can be deadly, and in week one of the playoffs we might be finding ourselves on the short end. There are no reasons to look to the past, lets get our teams ready and make some noise in the playoffs. Understand that if Dyersburg gets hot we could have one heck of a playoff.....I would love to see last night's atomsphere in the playoffs. Good luck to the Chocs, Understand a loss to Crockett isn't the worst thing that could happen given you have more games or game to come but if you win you take out a that could haunt you later.......Good Luck Chocs...

I don't see DC losing any focus on this one. Dc is playing their best football and it will tough for them to be stopped by anybody right now. They have seemed to hit stride right at the right time. I know that last year the semis where in Dyersburg, but I don't know how the would end up back in the west given last year. They did change alot of the things that were going on in the region, given that Given we were on the road last year for crockett, and this year we were on the road for Crockett again so....It would be cool to see it back in the west given how good of a chance we have this year for it to be in this County.

We do need to keep an eye on Memphis and 83A becuz any team from Memphis can be deadly, and in week one of the playoffs we might be finding ourselves on the short end. There are no reasons to look to the past, lets get our teams ready and make some noise in the playoffs. Understand that if Dyersburg gets hot we could have one heck of a playoff.....I would love to see last night's atomsphere in the playoffs. Good luck to the Chocs, Understand a loss to Crockett isn't the worst thing that could happen given you have more games or game to come but if you win you take out a that could haunt you later.......Good Luck Chocs...

I think you are right . Certainly I hope so ! These young men are gelling as a team & have been since the McNairy loss. My biggest hope is the after last nights game that we can come together as a community/county/ city & SUPPORT one another until we meet again. Certainly the players displayed much better sportsmanship despite the previous weeks smashmouth & antics ! I found it very impressive & a credit to both coaching staffs & teams. Bitterness semed to melt away & mutual respect seemed to grow as the game progressed. If fans & frequent posters on this forum can learn from the young men that left it all on the field last night, we will be giving them what they deserve & set a much better example for our young people ! Dyer County Fans & Trojan Fans alike, lets support each other until we meet again (if that is in the cards) ! My support goes out to the Trojans next Friday night & DANG SURE I'LL BE CHEERING ON MY CHOCTAWS ! CHOCTAWS & TROJANS ALIKE, Last nights game is "dinasaur bones" FOCUS ON THE TASK AT HAND ! WEEK 10 IS NOT JUST ANOTHER WEEK ! IT IS A PRIDE WEEK ! FINISH STRONG & CARRY THAT MOMENTUM INTO THE PLAYOFFS ! BUT WOW ! WHAT A GAME IT WAS ! NOT JUST BECAUSE WE WON, BUT ABSOLUTLELY ONE OF THE BEST FOOTBALL GAMES I HAVE SEEN OR BEEN A PART OF IN 30 YEARS !

GO CHOCTAWS !! GO TROJANS !! FINISH STRONG ! BOTH OF YOU ARE THE TARGET OF YOUR UPCOMING OPPONENTS & NEITHER SHOULD BE TAKEN LIGHTLY ! FOCUS .... PREPARE...... HOLD YOUSELF & YOUR TEAMMATES ACCOUNTABLE FOR EVERY SECOND OF PREPARATION FOR WEEK 10 ! YOU SCOUT TEAM PLAYERS FOR D.C. & D'BURG...... MAKE THEM STARTERS WORK ! PUSH 'EM ! YOUR TIME WILL COME !

I think you are right . Certainly I hope so ! These young men are gelling as a team & have been since the McNairy loss. My biggest hope is the after last nights game that we can come together as a community/county/ city & SUPPORT one another until we meet again. Certainly the players displayed much better sportsmanship despite the previous weeks smashmouth & antics ! I found it very impressive & a credit to both coaching staffs & teams. Bitterness semed to melt away & mutual respect seemed to grow as the game progressed. If fans & frequent posters on this forum can learn from the young men that left it all on the field last night, we will be giving them what they deserve & set a much better example for our young people ! Dyer County Fans & Trojan Fans alike, lets support each other until we meet again (if that is in the cards) ! My support goes out to the Trojans next Friday night & DANG SURE I'LL BE CHEERING ON MY CHOCTAWS ! CHOCTAWS & TROJANS ALIKE, Last nights game is "dinasaur bones" FOCUS ON THE TASK AT HAND ! WEEK 10 IS NOT JUST ANOTHER WEEK ! IT IS A PRIDE WEEK ! FINISH STRONG & CARRY THAT MOMENTUM INTO THE PLAYOFFS ! BUT WOW ! WHAT A GAME IT WAS ! NOT JUST BECAUSE WE WON, BUT ABSOLUTLELY ONE OF THE BEST FOOTBALL GAMES I HAVE SEEN OR BEEN A PART OF IN 30 YEARS !

GO CHOCTAWS !! GO TROJANS !! FINISH STRONG ! BOTH OF YOU ARE THE TARGET OF YOUR UPCOMING OPPONENTS & NEITHER SHOULD BE TAKEN LIGHTLY ! FOCUS .... PREPARE...... HOLD YOUSELF & YOUR TEAMMATES ACCOUNTABLE FOR EVERY SECOND OF PREPARATION FOR WEEK 10 ! YOU SCOUT TEAM PLAYERS FOR D.C. & D'BURG...... MAKE THEM STARTERS WORK ! PUSH 'EM ! YOUR TIME WILL COME !

I still cant get over the shock that Dyersburg lost but it was a wake up call for the Trojans!!!!!!!!!!This is the best D.C. team Dyer County have had in years but i dont think they r good enough to beat Pratt and his Cavs because they r well coach!!!!Dyersburg on the other hand are going to rip through the Chargers because of thier loss on Friday and the fact that they got beaten by Dyer County....they have to take their emotions out on somebody so its going to be Covington and everybody else that stand in their way for getting that Gold Ball they want.Practice is going to be hard, nothing but work, and on tiempo/beat for the Mighty Dyersburg Trojans this week;and they are going to be ready to practice on Monday so GET YOUR MOTORS RUNNING /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" /> /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />