Station Camp @ Pearl-Cohn

Bisonpride

I know the SW DeKalb band...seen it before in both a ballgame and its members in the movie Drumline. Very entertaining.

It just seems strange that there is a rule concerning music from the stands that is not enforced...I would not mind seeing the rule done away with...but with it there you do not know whether to take a chance to get involved during the play for fear of actually having a ref throw the flag.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange that you never hear an official these days warn a sideline for a band playing thru a play on the field...this is prohibited in most association rules (as well as in college; and I have seen warnings given by officials in the NCAA). It is getting to be a commonplace violation; and might ought to be addressed by the TSSAA as there are come groups that do this on purpose (and I have even seen it done under instructions of school officials!).

Anything to get an advantage these days...

Bands playing while the opposing team are making their play calls at scrimmage line is "Absolutely" a penalty . The refs never call it own their own but SHOULD ! The only way they call it is when the oppsing sideline calls the refs attention to it. Its a rule that the refs need to address as they do ALL football play infractions. "Advantage" for your team is an "Understatement"!