Station Camp @ Pearl-Cohn

Bisonpride

After some thought I think SC is strong but Pearl Cohn seems to win with their band playing through the games and seemed conditioned to it. If Station Camp and Pearl Cohn bands have a duel while the boys are on the field I think this will fall PC's way. One thing about PC's Mason is as calm as they come and trusts his defensive line to keep him safe, even though Greenbrier did sack him six times.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pearl-Cohn wins 20-3. Does this send the Bison on the road for round 1?

Nope, it means in an odd way we won the region, thanks to White House handling their business. It was a pretty good game, and Pearl Cohn, atleast the area seems to get a bad rap. It was a very nice and friendly place. It just all depends on what the situation of the game is.

And PC's announcer is awesome!

Good game PC, our pass defense couldn't hold up. Tough break on having to go on the road, but you guys will probably make it.

And this region title is somewhat bittersweet. But we finally won our first region title in football, so another milestone has been reached, that perfect season will have to wait. So Bison don't hang your head low, come out next week and get back to playing the way we have all year long! It will be nice to have another home playoff game on the east bank of the creek.

Nope, it means in an odd way we won the region, thanks to White House handling their business. It was a pretty good game, and Pearl Cohn, atleast the area seems to get a bad rap. It was a very nice and friendly place. It just all depends on what the situation of the game is.

And PC's announcer is awesome!

Good game PC, our pass defense couldn't hold up. Tough break on having to go on the road, but you guys will probably make it.

And this region title is somewhat bittersweet. But we finally won our first region title in football, so another milestone has been reached, that perfect season will have to wait. So Bison don't hang your head low, come out next week and get back to playing the way we have all year long! It will be nice to have another home playoff game on the east bank of the creek.

No glass, eggs. or b-b's were thrown?

The rematch will come at Station Camp in 2 WEEKS!!!!

Yea, could very well happen. The Pearl-Cohn vs Howard game should be great.

Would love to see our team play them again, and in friendly confines. But we would definitly have to step up our game, too often we would get some momentum and then it would be gone in a few plays.

After some thought I think SC is strong but Pearl Cohn seems to win with their band playing through the games and seemed conditioned to it. If Station Camp and Pearl Cohn bands have a duel while the boys are on the field I think this will fall PC's way. One thing about PC's Mason is as calm as they come and trusts his defensive line to keep him safe, even though Greenbrier did sack him six times.

Strange that you never hear an official these days warn a sideline for a band playing thru a play on the field...this is prohibited in most association rules (as well as in college; and I have seen warnings given by officials in the NCAA). It is getting to be a commonplace violation; and might ought to be addressed by the TSSAA as there are come groups that do this on purpose (and I have even seen it done under instructions of school officials!).

Anything to get an advantage these days...

I think(or hope) that Howard makes quick work of Pearl-Cohn, especially since you guys have to go down there, it would much easier for you if you were at your home field. But I think that Howard is just better than you guys.

Howard better than Pearl Cohn???????? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> YOU ARE JOKING RIGHT /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

The Firebirds are 8-2 and lost a game to White House 14-12 because they didn't convert after their two touchdowns while White House did convert. Pearl Cohn beat Greenbrier 21-14. Pearl Cohn beat Station Camp 20-3. Pearl Cohn even beat a 6-4 Sycamore team 48-13. The Firebirds proved Friday night against Station Camp EXACTLY why the road to Murfreesboro is still going to have to go through them.

Next week they may not play Station Camp at home BUT wouold that have mattered????? On Thanksgiving in the quarterfinals they would either get to host Greenbrier or they'd have to travel to White House. I would absolutely hate to be the football team trying to eliminate a PC football team with seniors like Deaunte Mason & Howard Griffin. THAT IS NOT A SMALL TASK AT ALL!!!!

Strange that you never hear an official these days warn a sideline for a band playing thru a play on the field...this is prohibited in most association rules (as well as in college; and I have seen warnings given by officials in the NCAA). It is getting to be a commonplace violation; and might ought to be addressed by the TSSAA as there are come groups that do this on purpose (and I have even seen it done under instructions of school officials!).

Anything to get an advantage these days...

Well these is how it goes for the band. Black schools in college and high schools all have big 10 marching bands such as pearl-cohn or tsu "tennessee state" . When we were in 4a we played more schools that had bands that was just like us. and we would battle but we would only play when the other team had the ball and they would play when we had the ball. so basically it was even but now that we are in 3a and we been facing more corp style marching bands its not the same because they probly only know like 4 songs and we know about 30 song that we have to learn from the summer and on. Now we are doing to howard and howard has a band just like us even though they only have a good 25 people and we are at 102 it should be a even match! So basically it depends and what school you go to. Now if you wanna talk about bands go to Atlanta and its a high school called southwest dekab and they have a band with 350 people! Think about that /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />