FridayMainEvent

Who wins?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few things that will need to change before Cascade makes a deep run in the playoffs:

1.) The Batts kid will have to be moved back to safety and the best option off the bench inserted at linebacker until the Gaithright kid comes back..(probably McPheron,Martin, or Harvey).

2.) Better communication in the secondary.. Too many kids running uncovered the other night.

3.) The QB needs a hot read on every play. Jo Byrns was blitzing linebackers and the only time they threw to Marable on a quick slant, it was successful.

4.) QB needs to do a better job of recognizing blitzes and call audibles when situation dictates it. Need to vary snap count more also. J.B. was getting way to good a jump to not get them offside a couple of times with count variation.

5.) Have to go deep a couple of times early in games rather than wait until your down to try and throw the ball. Pass plays have a lot better chance of being successful when the defense isn't anticipating it.

6.) Better overall tackling. Some kids aren't wrapping up and are going for the knock out punch. Need to do a better job of swarming to the ball.

7.) Receivers need to recognize when the QB is in trouble and break patterns off to help QB out when he is scrambling. This team is not good at getting open to help the QB. I was at the game last week and noticed several times the QB had plenty of time to throw and there was no one open.

8.) The play has to come in quicker from the sideline. If the QB could get up to the line of scrimmage and get a better pre-snap read, it would make a world of difference! Several times last week, the play came in so late, the QB practically had to run to the line of scrimmage and get the snap before the clock ran out. This also plays into the hands of the defense because they know you are going on one and can get a great jump off the line.

9.) Use the Tight end and backs out of the backfield more in the passing game. Cascade has an excellent line which dictates that most teams have to bring linebackers to get any pressure on the QB. If they threw to the tight end over the middle or a back on a middle screen that play is there most of the time. I know it was attempted a couple of times last week, but the timing seemed to be off.

Cascade has a top five team talent wise from what I've seen, but several small things are preventing them from reaching potential. Hopefully some of these suggestions will be taken under consideration.

A few things that will need to change before Cascade makes a deep run in the playoffs:

1.) The Batts kid will have to be moved back to safety and the best option off the bench inserted at linebacker until the Gaithright kid comes back..(probably McPheron,Martin, or Harvey).

2.) Better communication in the secondary.. Too many kids running uncovered the other night.

3.) The QB needs a hot read on every play. Jo Byrns was blitzing linebackers and the only time they threw to Marable on a quick slant, it was successful.

4.) QB needs to do a better job of recognizing blitzes and call audibles when situation dictates it. Need to vary snap count more also. J.B. was getting way to good a jump to not get them offside a couple of times with count variation.

5.) Have to go deep a couple of times early in games rather than wait until your down to try and throw the ball. Pass plays have a lot better chance of being successful when the defense isn't anticipating it.

6.) Better overall tackling. Some kids aren't wrapping up and are going for the knock out punch. Need to do a better job of swarming to the ball.

7.) Receivers need to recognize when the QB is in trouble and break patterns off to help QB out when he is scrambling. This team is not good at getting open to help the QB. I was at the game last week and noticed several times the QB had plenty of time to throw and there was no one open.

8.) The play has to come in quicker from the sideline. If the QB could get up to the line of scrimmage and get a better pre-snap read, it would make a world of difference! Several times last week, the play came in so late, the QB practically had to run to the line of scrimmage and get the snap before the clock ran out. This also plays into the hands of the defense because they know you are going on one and can get a great jump off the line.

9.) Use the Tight end and backs out of the backfield more in the passing game. Cascade has an excellent line which dictates that most teams have to bring linebackers to get any pressure on the QB. If they threw to the tight end over the middle or a back on a middle screen that play is there most of the time. I know it was attempted a couple of times last week, but the timing seemed to be off.

Cascade has a top five team talent wise from what I've seen, but several small things are preventing them from reaching potential. Hopefully some of these suggestions will be taken under consideration.

I could not agree more with all of your statments and suggestions. Nick would be better utilized as a saftey being that the defensive backs are where are weakness is. I dont necessarily think it is a lack of talent I just think that they are not covering their responsibilites correctly. Also we need to create more pressure and bring more blitzes to cause the opposing QB to have to move out of his comfort zone. The DE's have to stay at home this week as WHH QB loves to run and run around the end as well. If the defense will maintain there responsibilities better and if the coaches will make adjustments better during the game this team would and could go a long way in the playoffs. I have to agree with you also about Marable he should have been getting the ball alot last week. He was open many many times. Good luck this week Champs.

Go Champs /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

All good post but #8,

Two things that would help that, a play clock or go no huddle. I think the play clock would be easier, it takes most colleges two weeks to install a no hurdle offense. But all are good thoughts

That's great. The coach spends at least 3 hrs a day with these kids and you think you can tell him where they are best suited to play. You offer to tell them what type of offense to run and what to do with his defense. Wow!! You should sign up and stand on the sidelines for this team if you are so brilliant. All of your points have probably been addressed with the kids but getting them to do what they should is a bit harder. What I want to know is how many of you watch these kids practice every day?

I am unashamed to say gooooooooooooooooooo Champs. Completely self serving because I'm a Jo Byrns fan otherwise I would never cheer for Cascade. (joking Trey and 11). I have to say not cheering for a county team seems kind of strange. I hope you guys have a good clean and injury free game, so no matter where any of us fall in the final region standings we will make a strong showing against region 6 in the playoffs. Go region 5.

That's great. The coach spends at least 3 hrs a day with these kids and you think you can tell him where they are best suited to play. You offer to tell them what type of offense to run and what to do with his defense. Wow!! You should sign up and stand on the sidelines for this team if you are so brilliant. All of your points have probably been addressed with the kids but getting them to do what they should is a bit harder. What I want to know is how many of you watch these kids practice every day?

I don't watch them practice every day but I been there for practice a couple of times a week for the last 3-4 weeks. I can tell you that most of the issues that were mentioned have been addressed, not just once but several times. I think you will see a different team at WWH this week.

Well you make great points as well but reguardless of being at practice or not if you go to the games and see basic fundamentals not being displayed. It is very easy for myself and others that are bystanders and not coaching to critisize coaches or schemes but the bottom line when you have this much talent on one team the players also need the coaches to be on top of their game plan as well. The guy that posted the response you responded to made many good points, he wasnt getting on here chastising a coach for not playing his son or this and that. Bottom line if coaches are not good at adjusting to things during the game they will not be successful as the season goes on. All of the guys on this staff that i have met are great people and I think they are doing their best to get these kids to play to their potential. But a big part of being a successful coach is not only preperation and motivating kids but it is also making adjustments and giving your kids the best chance to win. Bottom line I dont think by any means I know all or would do a better job because they have done a great job with these kids, I only hope these coaches and kids regroup this week and do the things that got them to 8-0 in the first place.

Wow, step away from the computer for a couple of hours and look what I miss. This is the liveliest this thread has been all week. First off, MP fan, I agree that unless someone is watching the practices you don't know what changes have been made. Myself, like boxman, try to take in as many practices as I can, but I'm usually deligated to shaggin balls for the two kickers when I do make it out there. Nick has been at safety most of the season and was only inserted at linebacker because of an injury to Josh (at least that is what I was told.) I spoke with Nick briefly yesterday, and I got the feeling from him that he would be moved back to safety when Josh comes back. He is good at that position and is more experienced there. His atleticism and nose for getting to the football would be best served in the secondary as others have stated.

I did like the mention of getting the play in quicker. I'm not sure exactly what is going on there, but I do know Coach Carkuff got upset last week when a timeout had to be used to prevent a penalty. The coach4life guy is right about that helping get a better read on the defense when the team gets set with some time left on the clock to call audibles. As upset as Carkuff was Friday, I'd say that problem will be corrected. I haven't noticed Jacob calling any audibles this season. I believe he pretty much runs whatever comes in from the sideline, but I think that he is smart enough to make a read and check off if given the permission to do so. That IS something I'd like to see happen. Anyway, several interesting points here and I enjoyed reading everyones views... Carry on:........ /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well you make great points as well but reguardless of being at practice or not if you go to the games and see basic fundamentals not being displayed. It is very easy for myself and others that are bystanders and not coaching to critisize coaches or schemes but the bottom line when you have this much talent on one team the players also need the coaches to be on top of their game plan as well. The guy that posted the response you responded to made many good points, he wasnt getting on here chastising a coach for not playing his son or this and that. Bottom line if coaches are not good at adjusting to things during the game they will not be successful as the season goes on. All of the guys on this staff that i have met are great people and I think they are doing their best to get these kids to play to their potential. But a big part of being a successful coach is not only preperation and motivating kids but it is also making adjustments and giving your kids the best chance to win. Bottom line I dont think by any means I know all or would do a better job because they have done a great job with these kids, I only hope these coaches and kids regroup this week and do the things that got them to 8-0 in the first place.

Sometimes you can have too much talent, that is if the kids aren't in the mood to share the spot light. It makes for a worse situation.