Riverdale @ Lavernge

CantStopTheChop

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A gritty determined effort by LHS - who finished the game with a defensive back at QB...no Tillery or Ukwu for the game either. An amazing effort. People will talk about Riverdale's 10-0 record - but the story tonight was a team missing many of it's best players that refused to give up.

(where was Crocker ?? Was he even at the game?)

truth...i give lavergne all the credit in the world, yall HAVE to be the best team in the state to not make the playoffs. maybe its just how our teams matched up, but yall got me convinced yall are the 2nd best team in this region, yall are complete and its hard to find a weak spot. there was a part of me that was thinking i dont want lavergne to have to lose like this again, but of course i cant have my warriors losing either lol. they better let yall in a bowl game or i will be angry

riverdale has made me proud these past 2 weeks...i have never seen a program that gets as paranoid as riverdale when we are behind, its just something we dont deal with often. i cant say i was suprised by the team keeping composure and responding, i was telling people after halftime if we didnt have another turnover we would win. ultimately i think it will help us in the playoffs playing in these close games and having to come from behind

riverdale, these teams are taking EVERYTHING you give them...2 fumbles give lavergne the ball past midfield and they score their only TDs of the game, perfect example. cant give them much or they will hang us with it.

i cant wait for lavergnes prospects to announce their commitments, i would love to see some of these guys at MTSU /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I posted this on another thread:

Toughest Region in the state HandsDown is Region 4

By the numbers:

20-4 against out-of-region teams

the 7th and 8th place teams beat the #2 and #1 teams from Region 3

Thats right - Oakland went 1-6, 3-7 but beat Region 3 runner-up Coffee Co 34-21

Blackman went 1-6, 4-6, finished last in 4-5A but beat Region 3 champion Lincoln Co 14-0 at the Pit

Blackman also beat Brentwood 28-0 and Overton 49-27

Siegel beat Brentwood 9-7

Wilson Central beat Coffee Co 33-15

Riverdale beat Dickson Co 27-14

Smyrna beat Gallatin 45-14

the 4 losses out of region?

Smyrna lost 17-13 to Brentwood Academy

Lebanon lost 30-20 to Cookeville and 33-21 to Mt Juliet - both playoff teams

Oakland lost to Clarksville 21-6

What other region can say they were 20-4 out of region and their bottom two teams beat the adjoining regions 1st and 2nd place teams?

Lavergne may be the best team in the state not to make the playoffs with a couple of D-1 wideouts and a Vandy signee in the offensive line.

Their region scores:

Blackman 22-15 win

Oakland 24-14 win

Lebanon 20-21 loss

Siegel 14-17 loss - FG by Siegel to win it at the end of the game

Smyrna 13-15 loss - Lavergne missed a FG at the end to win it

Wilson Central 21-24 loss

Riverdale 20-21

their five losses were by 1, 3, 2, 3 and 1 point What other region has a team go 2-5 but is 15 points from being 7-0????

Great game Warriors!! Region champs and 10-0 perfect season. Congrats!!!

Lavergne played great but I'm also confused about their QB position. Can someone from Lavergne fill us in on the personnel situation.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I think Region 3 has made a lot of progress during the year. Some of the first round games will be much tougher than people think.

Go Warriors!!! The championship season starts now.

Once again the Warriors show the heart they have had all year and the BIG D stepped up to take charge in the second half. Its now becoming odvious that if a team is going to beat Riverdale that they are going to have to do it with the pass. The Warriors had several completions on them in double and triple coverage and need to work on that. Let face it, Smyrna is coming again and we all know it will be another air show. We were the walking wounded last night and Trey played hurt all night and showed real heart. Congrats Warriors on great regular season for the ages. Now let step it up another notch and take it all the way to state!!! Go Warriors, One Game At A Time and were marching to state!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I posted this on another thread:

Toughest Region in the state HandsDown is Region 4

By the numbers:

20-4 against out-of-region teams

the 7th and 8th place teams beat the #2 and #1 teams from Region 3

Thats right - Oakland went 1-6, 3-7 but beat Region 3 runner-up Coffee Co 34-21

Blackman went 1-6, 4-6, finished last in 4-5A but beat Region 3 champion Lincoln Co 14-0 at the Pit

Blackman also beat Brentwood 28-0 and Overton 49-27

Siegel beat Brentwood 9-7

Wilson Central beat Coffee Co 33-15

Riverdale beat Dickson Co 27-14

Smyrna beat Gallatin 45-14

the 4 losses out of region?

Smyrna lost 17-13 to Brentwood Academy

Lebanon lost 30-20 to Cookeville and 33-21 to Mt Juliet - both playoff teams

Oakland lost to Clarksville 21-6

What other region can say they were 20-4 out of region and their bottom two teams beat the adjoining regions 1st and 2nd place teams?

Lavergne may be the best team in the state not to make the playoffs with a couple of D-1 wideouts and a Vandy signee in the offensive line.

Their region scores:

Blackman 22-15 win

Oakland 24-14 win

Lebanon 20-21 loss

Siegel 14-17 loss - FG by Siegel to win it at the end of the game

Smyrna 13-15 loss - Lavergne missed a FG at the end to win it

Wilson Central 21-24 loss

Riverdale 20-21

their five losses were by 1, 3, 2, 3 and 1 point What other region has a team go 2-5 but is 15 points from being 7-0????

Clarksville is not only going to the playoffs....they are the region champs!

I feel whom ever from region 4-5A comes out of the first 3 rounds will win the state title not only this year but for several years to come! Good luck to all region4-5A! By far the best region in the state! The teams in the mid-state of Ohio would have a hard time competing in this region! GO WARRIORS!

Great job WARRIORS!!! 10-0 so far /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> & with a number of the starters not being @ 100% well we will take it... as for LaVergne great job.. you had a terrific team with alot of heart & determination.. great job by the wolves.. Now back to Riverdale we have got to focus & get into shape.. & by gosh practice on holding onto the ball.. it also seems like we have a BIG weakness on punt / kick off returns along with the secondary situation.. we have got to be able to cover the receivers better.. The D-Line can not be expected to get it done every time...sure they are good but the secondary has got to do their job & LaVergne & Smyrna both proved that passing is very possible against our secondary. Come on now .. make some changes!! And giving about an average of 10 yrds or more for each return that needs to stop as well.. Riverdale is a GREAT TEAM but they have been shooting themselves in their foot.. We have got to correct these problems b4 playoffs or we will be right back in another tight situation.. Congrats on the win!! and BEST OF LUCK in the playoffs!!

Chris Gray: 4-79, 1 TD

The total would have been over 100 yards but a great goal-line catch on a long pass that was ruled a catch by the offical standing 3 feet away from it was over-turned by an offical 15 yards away with an obscured view.

LHS did score a few plays later, so the blown call had no effect on the outcome of the game.

Yet, it still makes you wonder if the people who started the thread about the officals on this site a few days ago may have a point. The officals are human...they are not perfect...but why wouldn't they go with the ruling of the guy standing right next to the catch???????