Morristown East at Daniel Boone

cane73

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Right On Brother!!

I heard the Boone QB or RB injured his arm--Is this a rumor, or fact ? If this

is a fact , then both teams lost their starting QB in the middle of the season.

I hope the predicted freezing weather holds off until long after the game is

over. Go Canes !!

over. Go Canes !!

I heard that Masters and Jones both got hurt during the Crockett game, not sure if it is true or not, but it wouldn't bode well for the Blazers if it is true.

over. Go Canes !!

BOONIE---Tell us East fans about your team . All we know is we had better

watch out as you were good enough to beat Greeneville --something we

could not do. Is Daniel Boone that strong . or was it that Greeneville had their

mind on something besides football that night ? How about your offensive

line, do you still have the big kids making the holes ? Give us a little run down

on how you see your team playing this Friday. Go Canes !!

BOONIE---Tell us East fans about your team . All we know is we had better

watch out as you were good enough to beat Greeneville --something we

could not do. Is Daniel Boone that strong . or was it that Greeneville had their

mind on something besides football that night ? How about your offensive

line, do you still have the big kids making the holes ? Give us a little run down

on how you see your team playing this Friday. Go Canes !!

The Greenville game was no fluke. Boone is solid on both sides of the ball. The big ugly men up front are strong, fast, and all have great footwork. They open up good size holes for Masters to run through, and he is hard to bring down. I'm not sure if Jones is going to play on account of the injury, but if he does he is a huge playmaker. Quaterback can get the ball out there on the passing game, but Boone's bread and butter is the smashmouth, we are coming right at you stop us if you can running game.

As far as defense goes Coach Jenkins prides himself on a full contact, rough defense. Good size up front, but the thing that sets them apart is the speed of the big men. Linebackers are the physical and emotional leaders of the team. Calvin (I'm not sure if he is still playing) is the heart of the team. Last year when I was a senior he had his face stepped on by a bull in a rodeo, and lost his eye, but now that he is back you would never know the kid has anything wrong with him. He is one of the most outstanding human beings on the Earth, plays 110% every play.

Special teams are just what they seem. The kicker can make extra points, but I haven't seen anything spectaular.

Like the man said, which Boone team will show up? This is with the playoffs on the line so I have to say that we will show up ready to play, and ready to win.

If our Greenville boys show up Boone-21 East-14. If not Boone-0 East- As much as they want.

How about the Canes?

The Greenville game was no fluke. Boone is solid on both sides of the ball. The big ugly men up front are strong, fast, and all have great footwork. They open up good size holes for Masters to run through, and he is hard to bring down. I'm not sure if Jones is going to play on account of the injury, but if he does he is a huge playmaker. Quaterback can get the ball out there on the passing game, but Boone's bread and butter is the smashmouth, we are coming right at you stop us if you can running game.

As far as defense goes Coach Jenkins prides himself on a full contact, rough defense. Good size up front, but the thing that sets them apart is the speed of the big men. Linebackers are the physical and emotional leaders of the team. Calvin (I'm not sure if he is still playing) is the heart of the team. Last year when I was a senior he had his face stepped on by a bull in a rodeo, and lost his eye, but now that he is back you would never know the kid has anything wrong with him. He is one of the most outstanding human beings on the Earth, plays 110% every play.

Special teams are just what they seem. The kicker can make extra points, but I haven't seen anything spectaular.

Like the man said, which Boone team will show up? This is with the playoffs on the line so I have to say that we will show up ready to play, and ready to win.

If our Greenville boys show up Boone-21 East-14. If not Boone-0 East- As much as they want.

How about the Canes?

Kicker is not dependable --running backs small but quick ----strong on defense. Injuries did a lot of damage

and East is just now recovering from those losses with mostly sophomores and juniors. East lost starters QB,

RB,Center, and LB and that has caused a lot of pain. I believe East will be competitive and maybe pull out a

win. Go Canes !!

Kicker is not dependable --running backs small but quick ----strong on defense. Injuries did a lot of damage

and East is just now recovering from those losses with mostly sophomores and juniors. East lost starters QB,

RB,Center, and LB and that has caused a lot of pain. I believe East will be competitive and maybe pull out a

win. Go Canes !!

East playoffs begin tomorrow night ! A win keeps you moving on--a loss and the season

is over. Boone won't roll over for you as they are in the same position . Put a win on

the board and you get to challenge one of the top teams in the other Conference.

That is what you have worked so hard for all year. It is show down time and you need

to play hard as a team for four quarters. You showed last week you are ready to play

with any team and another effort like that is needed to play next week.

Go Canes !!

East is always ready to play win or lose. But I don't know which Boone team is showing up Friday. If Boone is ready to play I would pick the Blazers. But since that's the million Dollar question, I will go with the Hurricanes by a TD regardless of their luck or injuries.

First, I don't have a dog in this hunt but, on East's behalf, remember that out of their 5 losses this year, the 'Canes have been in every game with the exception of their loss to Fulton (34-0). Aside from Fulton, the largest margin of victory by an opposing team against East is 13 points (20-7, Volunteer). The other margins in descending order are 12 (Jeff. Co. currently 6-3), 10 (West currently 5-4), and 7 (Greeneville curently 7-2). The point being that the East defense is very capable; even more so, considering that the defense has probably logged more time on the field than the offense (don't know that for a fact but just guessing).

The problem really is offensive production. 6 times this year, East has scored 14 or fewer points; 7 or fewer points in 5 of those games. Boone, on the other hand, does not have that problem evidenced by their 17 ppg average.

I think that for East to realistically have the chance to win this game, the offense must put up at least 18-21 points; otherwise, it may be the Trailblazers going to Kingsport or Bristol. But East's fans probably have better insight on that than I do.

Regardless, this ought to be a very good game tomorrow night. So, here's to no injuries and, even though I'm a West fan, Go Canes!

First, I don't have a dog in this hunt but, on East's behalf, remember that out of their 5 losses this year, the 'Canes have been in every game with the exception of their loss to Fulton (34-0). Aside from Fulton, the largest margin of victory by an opposing team against East is 13 points (20-7, Volunteer). The other margins in descending order are 12 (Jeff. Co. currently 6-3), 10 (West currently 5-4), and 7 (Greeneville curently 7-2). The point being that the East defense is very capable; even more so, considering that the defense has probably logged more time on the field than the offense (don't know that for a fact but just guessing).

The problem really is offensive production. 6 times this year, East has scored 14 or fewer points; 7 or fewer points in 5 of those games. Boone, on the other hand, does not have that problem evidenced by their 17 ppg average.

I think that for East to realistically have the chance to win this game, the offense must put up at least 18-21 points; otherwise, it may be the Trailblazers going to Kingsport or Bristol. But East's fans probably have better insight on that than I do.

Regardless, this ought to be a very good game tomorrow night. So, here's to no injuries and, even though I'm a West fan, Go Canes!

I think you hit the nail on the head. East has been moving the ball up the field and shoots themselves in the foot

by fumbles. Inside the 20 scoring has been very low. East offense has made some additions to counter the

swarming defenses . East should score at least 3 td's if they hold on to the ball and run power plays near the

goal line. East is finally adding some pass plays--shotgun formation --etc --to help the play calling . East is

capable of handling Boone if play does not get sloppy and the running backs run north and south.

Go Canes !!

1440 Suncrest Dr, Gray, TN 37615

or the easiest thing

Take I-81 north to exit 57A (I-26 east) and follow I-26 east to exit 13 (Gray-Suncrest Dr).

At top of ramp turn left and follow about 2 miles to school.

Also, Boone is very visitor-friendly. If you park in the visitor parking, (at Crossroads Church, just before you get to the school), there is a visitors' gate right beside the visitors' stands, and you have your own concession stand, so not a lot of walking and less crowd to wade through.

Enjoy the game, and like our T-shirts say, "Welcome to Hale!" (stadium)