Real 2A Playoff Picture

RoughRick

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry missed that one. So we have 5 teams via for 2 playoff slots. Who gets it over the others?

Ok figure this one out for me. Below I have listed the most likely records based on who's favored this upcoming week. Who's in and who's out?

In for sure:

East:

Rockwood 6-4

West:

Richland 6-4

JCS 7-3

Those trying for the last two spots:

Sweetwater 5-5

Marion Co. 5-5

Adamsville 5-5

Humboldt 5-5

Harpeth 5-5 (Although they would be the most likely to lose and need an upset over Sycamore)

So you have 5 teams via for 2 spots, who gets them?

If I'm looking at the tssaa site correctly, Sweetwater and Marion.

If I'm looking at the tssaa site correctly, Sweetwater and Marion.

So are you saying if Marion wins friday night there in? or do they have to win and hope someone else loses? this 2A stuff this year just confuses me. I hope tssaa gets things straightened out by next season. I like the "keep it simple" approach myself.

If CPA beats Goodpasture...they will be the #1 seed in their region. All #1's are seeded first...so CPA would be the higher seed in the section.

Okay that makes a lot of sense. So if CPA wins they will be a #2 seed behind Lewis Co. Then Camden will be a 3 seed. But if Goodpasture wins that makes DCA Region 5 Champs and they will be in Mid-East quadron. So Camden moves to #2 seed. Is that right?

Okay that makes a lot of sense. So if CPA wins they will be a #2 seed behind Lewis Co. Then Camden will be a 3 seed. But if Goodpasture wins that makes DCA Region 5 Champs and they will be in Mid-East quadron. So Camden moves to #2 seed. Is that right?

If CPA wins...and Camden wins over Waverly...Camden would be seeded above CPA due to more wins over teams that have won 50% or more of their games. Both would finish 7-3. I think Camden has the #2 seed sewn up if the beat Waverly. The only way they wouldn't would be for DCA to lose to Ezell and CPA to beat GP. There's no way DCA will lose.

I agree, every time I look at it, it becomes very confusing and the mix of geography and possible week 10 outcomes make it very hard to predict.

From the way you describe it in your first post, I expect to see DCA go east and Goodpasture and CPA go west.

I thought CPA was to the goegraphic west of both Goodpasture and DCA. Wouldn't CPA go west?