Dyersburg vs Covington

trojansfan_04

Don't think for a minute that Coach Bowling and his staff aren't spending a lot more time analyzing and preparing their team to have the best opportunity to win each night out than WE are conjecting about what we think they should or shouldn't do! Go Trojans!

BOWLING AND STAFF WILL HAVE THE TROJANS RESPOND WITH MORE AUTHORITY TO GET THE TROJAN "TRAIN" BACK ON TRACK AS WE ALL KNOW THEY CAN/WILL ! TROJANS ARE "FOCUS"ING ONLY ON THE CHARGERS THIS WEEK! 6 MORE GAME YOUNG MEN IN BLACK AND GOLD! ! FOCUS,FOCUS,EXECUTE, EXECUTE, EXECUTE! GO TROJANS !

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the key to d'burg winning any game is how they take care of the football. they 'laid it on the ground' six times friday against DC and that cost them the game. same was true against b'ville and cc but they were fortunate to win any way. parkers not a bad kid, but the whole d'burg program was changed to suit him and Bowling. it doesnt suit the players dyersburg has. they should be running a 'spread'. if dyersburg had so much trouble with a one man with good speed, how much would people fear dyersburg in that set? i dont see the 'genius' you all see in Bowling. i stated this after the B'ville game and got trashed. i guess time has shown that the bag of trickes is gust a fake punt that last years qb throws. just goes to show you that you get what you want and it isnt what you thought it would be. i feel sorry for the kidsthat have sweated for 4 years and have to see it come to this.

I am glad that someone else has finally come to their senses and agrees that this type of offense is a lot more preseason hype than what has been shown here late in the season. During the last several years the offense was all about running the ball straight at you and down your throat with Caldwell and Taylor and that offense worked just fine and I don't think anyone can disagree with how that offense was run with Caldwell touching the ball like he did because even when the defense keyed on him was good enough to break tackles to get big yards even if he didn't break for a 80 yard TD run. I know that Bowling runs a different offense but that is no excuse for not just handing the ball off in the backfield every now and then. No disrespect to Logan because he has definitely shown that he is a great athlete but they have got to spread the ball around more than they are doing now because now all the dfense has to do is key in on Parker because he is keeping the ball 90% of the time.

the key to d'burg winning any game is how they take care of the football. they 'laid it on the ground' six times friday against DC and that cost them the game. same was true against b'ville and cc but they were fortunate to win any way. parkers not a bad kid, but the whole d'burg program was changed to suit him and Bowling. it doesnt suit the players dyersburg has. they should be running a 'spread'. if dyersburg had so much trouble with a one man with good speed, how much would people fear dyersburg in that set? i dont see the 'genius' you all see in Bowling. i stated this after the B'ville game and got trashed. i guess time has shown that the bag of trickes is gust a fake punt that last years qb throws. just goes to show you that you get what you want and it isnt what you thought it would be. i feel sorry for the kidsthat have sweated for 4 years and have to see it come to this.

I wouldn't put it like that. Dyersburg has done great all year with one loss to DC. That was by only 3 points and caused by a fumble on the winning drive. Football is not about "what if's." I think Bowling is doing a great job with the Trojan team. Give the guy some slack. Taking them to the playoffs his first year coaching. It is not over for the Trojans. I agree with the post on the last page, if Dyersburg would have beat DC none of this talk would be going on. GO CHOCTAWS! GO TROJANS!

Seems to me that the Dyersburg offense has struggled more than just last week. But, it is apparent the offense is not going to change. They put Taylor in at QB and ran the I for one play last week and it was stuffed and then it was back to the Veer. But it's only one loss. DC got their's early in the season, Dyersburg at the latter part. The season is far from over and as long as they play together and rally around each other and not selfish ego's they should excel in the playoffs. Looking forward to DC/Dyersburg rematch. And to respond to the actual thread, Dyersburg will humble Covington.

i just like the thought of taylor and caldwell hittin the hole runnin north and south, but i don't think coach bowlin is gonna change his scheme to please me, i hope dyersburg and dc do get that rematch on the 23rd because i won't even have to take off from school or work, oh yeah dyersburg is undefeated in newbern. i wish both school the best of luck up to that point

I have been told by "2birds4u" to stay off of this thread ............ but I don't take orders from his kind. I am going to put in my "two cents worth" (likely to many that's all it'll be worth if that) I figure just about everyone has read Mike Smith's column by now, and I have to agree with him. NOT because D.C. won a hard fought ball game, BUT because I truly do take pride in having two teams of the caliber that we as Dyer Countians are blessed with. All the bantering back & forth about the coaching staff & the offense is doing nothing but damage to the Trojan players that either post or read posts on here or even just hear about it around town. Every one is entitled to their opinion. That is a part of our Fundamental Rights as Americans, BUT........... A "HOUSE DIVIDED" comes to my mind. Coach Bowling was good enough for Dyersburg to hire & now with ONLY ONE LOSS in his first year, some are calling for his "head on a platter". Come on ! You knew when Coach Bowling came to town that the offense would come with him. You have a team that is currently 8- 1 ranked in their division in the State & a contender ! As I said everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the players that have laid it on the line for themselves, their school & you their supporters / fans since the last whistle blew in '06 deserve better. The expectations that they put on themselves & you as fans / supporters have put on them as well, is quite a load. I dare say that some analyzing the coaches' decisions may or may not have even played the game. But one thing is certain, you chose a different profession. Think about what is going on here. 1) You have a team that is ranked 2) You have a team that stands to go deep into the play offs 3) You have a team that busts their butts day in & day out & HAVE much longer than just the previous 9 weeks. All the banter on here DOES get back to the Trojans. Do you REALLY think that they need the distraction ? I hope the players are not listening to those arm chair coaches, BUT the COACHES that get paid to do the job ! Do yourself a favor & try to find positive things to say ! I'm bettin' that you will find more of what you are lookin' for out of the Trojan football team if you do ! I wouldn't even be posting this if I didn't have all the respect in the world for your football team. BUT at the same time I have all the respect in the world for the coaching staff as well ! Fellas it ain't as simple as you make it ............ I lived with a Head Coach for 18 years. Long nights, long drives, eye strain from reviewing film .... you name it. IT AIN'T NO 9:00 TO 5:00 ! Redundant ...... well maybe...... BUT THINK ABOUT YOUR TROJANS before you talk around town or post on here !

Now I'm goin' back to the D.C. / Crockett thread like 2birds4u told me to ! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

GO CHOCTAWS & GO TROJANS

I have been told by "2birds4u" to stay off of this thread ............ but I don't take orders from his kind. I am going to put in my "two cents worth" (likely to many that's all it'll be worth if that) I figure just about everyone has read Mike Smith's column by now, and I have to agree with him. NOT because D.C. won a hard fought ball game, BUT because I truly do take pride in having two teams of the caliber that we as Dyer Countians are blessed with. All the bantering back & forth about the coaching staff & the offense is doing nothing but damage to the Trojan players that either post or read posts on here or even just hear about it around town. Every one is entitled to their opinion. That is a part of our Fundamental Rights as Americans, BUT........... A "HOUSE DIVIDED" comes to my mind. Coach Bowling was good enough for Dyersburg to hire & now with ONLY ONE LOSS in his first year, some are calling for his "head on a platter". Come on ! You knew when Coach Bowling came to town that the offense would come with him. You have a team that is currently 8- 1 ranked in their division in the State & a contender ! As I said everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the players that have laid it on the line for themselves, their school & you their supporters / fans since the last whistle blew in '06 deserve better. The expectations that they put on themselves & you as fans / supporters have put on them as well, is quite a load. I dare say that some analyzing the coaches' decisions may or may not have even played the game. But one thing is certain, you chose a different profession. Think about what is going on here. 1) You have a team that is ranked 2) You have a team that stands to go deep into the play offs 3) You have a team that busts their butts day in & day out & HAVE much longer than just the previous 9 weeks. All the banter on here DOES get back to the Trojans. Do you REALLY think that they need the distraction ? I hope the players are not listening to those arm chair coaches, BUT the COACHES that get paid to do the job ! Do yourself a favor & try to find positive things to say ! I'm bettin' that you will find more of what you are lookin' for out of the Trojan football team if you do ! I wouldn't even be posting this if I didn't have all the respect in the world for your football team. BUT at the same time I have all the respect in the world for the coaching staff as well ! Fellas it ain't as simple as you make it ............ I lived with a Head Coach for 18 years. Long nights, long drives, eye strain from reviewing film .... you name it. IT AIN'T NO 9:00 TO 5:00 ! Redundant ...... well maybe...... BUT THINK ABOUT YOUR TROJANS before you talk around town or post on here !

Now I'm goin' back to the D.C. / Crockett thread like 2birds4u told me to ! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

GO CHOCTAWS & GO TROJANS

Best Post of the Day, Hands Down! Let the coaches call the plays! Get behind your team and cheer them on! It's my opinion that the loss last week could be the single most important factor to transforming this group into the kind of team that wins championships. I think 73choctawqb might tell you that their regular season loss to Obion County in 73 may have been a valuable key that re-motivated them in their drive all the way to the state champinship...as I recall they really hadn't even been tested before that night...I'm betting these Trojans will respond in a way that may bring the very best out in them. Forget about the coach changing the offense or key personel in week 10. It ain't gonna happen! There's NOTHING wrong with the offense. They have enough offensive weapons to compete with anyone if they're at their best, and I'm betting we're going to see more and more of their best in the future! One last thing....Kudos to Mike Smith's column in yesterday's STATE GAZETTE. The Trojans fell 3 points short Friday night, but the Dyer County fans out cheered us about 50 to 6!!!!!!! We truly have been spoiled by success over the last decade! In 97 in the 3rd round of the state playoffs when Hardin County came to town for the right to play Pearl Cohn in the semi-finals it was so loud you could barely hear yourself think...same thing when Melrose came to town in 99....if we expect our team to play hard each and every night, is it too much for us to get up and encourage those around us to get up and cheer as well? It's time to get excited about this team...pull together....get behind the players and coaches and let's get on our feet and help them.....believe me, I know it makes a HUGE difference! These guys haven't had the 12th man up there in the stands helping them get charged up on every play! Start this week....head to Covington with a plan to stand up and do your part to cheer these kids and the coaching staff on to victory....let's fill the place up in black in gold.....

Best Post of the Day, Hands Down! Let the coaches call the plays! Get behind your team and cheer them on! It's my opinion that the loss last week could be the single most important factor to transforming this group into the kind of team that wins championships. I think 73choctawqb might tell you that their regular season loss to Obion County in 73 may have been a valuable key that re-motivated them in their drive all the way to the state champinship...as I recall they really hadn't even been tested before that night...I'm betting these Trojans will respond in a way that may bring the very best out in them. Forget about the coach changing the offense or key personel in week 10. It ain't gonna happen! There's NOTHING wrong with the offense. They have enough offensive weapons to compete with anyone if they're at their best, and I'm betting we're going to see more and more of their best in the future! One last thing....Kudos to Mike Smith's column in yesterday's STATE GAZETTE. The Trojans fell 3 points short Friday night, but the Dyer County fans out cheered us about 50 to 6!!!!!!! We truly have been spoiled by success over the last decade! In 97 in the 3rd round of the state playoffs when Hardin County came to town for the right to play Pearl Cohn in the semi-finals it was so loud you could barely hear yourself think...same thing when Melrose came to town in 99....if we expect our team to play hard each and every night, is it too much for us to get up and encourage those around us to get up and cheer as well? It's time to get excited about this team...pull together....get behind the players and coaches and let's get on our feet and help them.....believe me, I know it makes a HUGE difference! These guys haven't had the 12th man up there in the stands helping them get charged up on every play! Start this week....head to Covington with a plan to stand up and do your part to cheer these kids and the coaching staff on to victory....let's fill the place up in black in gold.....

ACTUALLY..... no ! The loss I believe did put our feet back on the ground.BUT............. it wasn't to Obion County. It was to Trenton Peabody 29 - 21in week 10.Talk aboout humbling I can't remember how many games they won that year but it wasn't many. No it wasn't our homecoming...... BUT it was our "perfect season" so I can relate to the feelings of Trojan players & they do not need the distractions. Our fan base / supporters lifted us up after that loss & PACKED THE HOUSE all the way to Dunlap, Tn. (that was before the Gold Ball games went to the 'boro) Yes it was a humbling experience that put our season ..... past & our playoff......... future into realistic perspective.

BTW we beat an undefeated AND unscored on Obion County 36 -12 in week 9 of '73.

ACTUALLY..... no ! The loss I believe did put our feet back on the ground.BUT............. it wasn't to Obion County. It was to Trenton Peabody 29 - 21in week 10.Talk aboout humbling I can't remember how many games they won that year but it wasn't many. No it wasn't our homecoming...... BUT it was our "perfect season" so I can relate to the feelings of Trojan players & they do not need the distractions. Our fan base / supporters lifted us up after that loss & PACKED THE HOUSE all the way to Dunlap, Tn. (that was before the Gold Ball games went to the 'boro) Yes it was a humbling experience that put our season ..... past & our playoff......... future into realistic perspective.

BTW we beat an undefeated AND unscored on Obion County 36 -12 in week 9 of '73.

Sorry for getting the teams mixed up......it's been 34 years and since I was only a spectator at both the games you mentioned my memory isn't nearly as vivid as yours......but my point was that you guys seemed to shake it off like it didn't matter and came out and played with even more purpose and with a vengance the next week and in the games that followed, whoever it was that was out there standing in your way to the prize you were after....nobody back then was pointing fingers or questioning the coaches.....we all Knew, even those of us who had a football background, that the coach knew a heck of a lot more about how to coach than we did for one thing and two, winners share a loss together as a team, put it behind them and move on. I dare say that 99 percent of the naysayers have never strapped on a helment in their lives. This team is going to win with or without the fans. But it would sure be nice, and an added lift to the team if we'd stop all the bashing and show up in Covington and the games that follow with a new purpose, and that's to cheer louder and harder than we ever have for those kids who are going out there every week with T-R-O-J-A-N-S printed accross their chests, doing their best to represent their school and their community with every ounce of energy in their bodies, to the very best of their abilities....I remember quotes from Coach Bowling when the season first started about how excited he was about coming to Dyersburg, being a part of such a fine program, and how great the fan support was here.....it's about time we started living up to that....let's show Coach Bowling and the kids that we're behind them 100 percent and rock that stadium in Covington tomorrow night like those folks have never seen it rocked before.......Go Trojans...Go Choctaws!!!!!

Sorry for getting the teams mixed up......it's been 34 years and since I was only a spectator at both the games you mentioned my memory isn't nearly as vivid as yours......but my point was that you guys seemed to shake it off like it didn't matter and came out and played with even more purpose and with a vengance the next week and in the games that followed, whoever it was that was out there standing in your way to the prize you were after....nobody back then was pointing fingers or questioning the coaches.....we all Knew, even those of us who had a football background, that the coach knew a heck of a lot more about how to coach than we did for one thing and two, winners share a loss together as a team, put it behind them and move on. I dare say that 99 percent of the naysayers have never strapped on a helment in their lives. This team is going to win with or without the fans. But it would sure be nice, and an added lift to the team if we'd stop all the bashing and show up in Covington and the games that follow with a new purpose, and that's to cheer louder and harder than we ever have for those kids who are going out there every week with T-R-O-J-A-N-S printed accross their chests, doing their best to represent their school and their community with every ounce of energy in their bodies, to the very best of their abilities....I remember quotes from Coach Bowling when the season first started about how excited he was about coming to Dyersburg, being a part of such a fine program, and how great the fan support was here.....it's about time we started living up to that....let's show Coach Bowling and the kids that we're behind them 100 percent and rock that stadium in Covington tomorrow night like those folks have never seen it rocked before.......Go Trojans...Go Choctaws!!!!!

No apologies necessary. In fact it is a "case in point" for our PLEA ! You see the ones that will REMEMBER are the PLAYERS & COACHES that leave their BLOOD, SWEAT AND YES .... TEARS on the field (and some TRUE SUPPORTERS). We pay $5.00 for a ticket only to offer opinions & criticism ......... Now tell me AIN'T THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH THAT PICTURE ?

GO CHOCTAWS !!!!! GO TROJANS !!!