State Tournament

DonCChatt

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmmm. I like your thinking in A/AA.

Depnding on who's favored I think Ravenwood might be able to knock of Oak Ridge. In fact, almost any game in the AAA tournament could be considered a such a close contest (on paper, and the way the season has gone) that there wouldn't be any designated upsets. Except maybe Bearden.

Back to A/AA, #4 CCS vs. #2 CAK should be a great one. Notre Dame should have no trouble in round one, as neither should FRA. But I wonder about #6 CPA against #5 USJ. According to the Eurosport rankings selecting CPA (as most have on the Tourny Contest) would be picking an "upset".

What games in round one of A/AA or AAA are likely to be the closest contests? Any possible upsets? If you had to vote for one upset, what would it be?

I know Collierville is awesome, but if Soddy can play "D" like they did against Riverdale, an upset could be possible. Also Siegel getting a rematch with Franklin could be a possibility

Guest cableguy

Mmmmm. I like your thinking in A/AA.

Depnding on who's favored I think Ravenwood might be able to knock of Oak Ridge. In fact, almost any game in the AAA tournament could be considered a such a close contest (on paper, and the way the season has gone) that there wouldn't be any designated upsets. Except maybe Bearden.

Back to A/AA, #4 CCS vs. #2 CAK should be a great one. Notre Dame should have no trouble in round one, as neither should FRA. But I wonder about #6 CPA against #5 USJ. According to the Eurosport rankings selecting CPA (as most have on the Tourny Contest) would be picking an "upset".

Collierville is a solid and motivated team. They should sail through their side of the bracket, but I know there will be strong competition all the way for us!

Collierville is a solid and motivated team. They should sail through their side of the bracket, but I know there will be strong competition all the way for us!

I agree. Oak Ridge v Ravenwood is a toss up but in the end Collierville will be there on Saturday. The other side of the bracket is interesting. Whomever thinks Houston beating Bearden is an upset is mistaken in my opinion. To me that is a pick-em game. Franklin will be tough for either. I am hoping for a Collierville v. Bearden Final (makes Greeneville and East TN look better), but Franklin or Houston wouldn't suprise me.

I don't think CPA will have any problem with USJ. You had better watch this team. If you don't know their weapons, they have the ability to surprise you.

I might not be so willing to concede this game to CPA so quickly. CPA is talented well skilled team, but so is USJ. USJ is very well coached, disciplined and will beat you to the ball. They also have a two of the top-ranked players in the state (read previous topic). Katie Hayes - 30+ goals. It might be a close one either way, but definitely don't think it will be CPA without any problems.

I might not be so willing to concede this game to CPA so quickly. CPA is talented well skilled team, but so is USJ. USJ is very well coached, disciplined and will beat you to the ball. They also have a two of the top-ranked players in the state (read previous topic). Katie Hayes - 30+ goals. It might be a close one either way, but definitely don't think it will be CPA without any problems.

I think CPA might be the biggest surprise of the tournament....AAA looks awfully close. I see alot a folks on the Franklin express. I thnik I have only seen Franklin play so can't really judge from that. Personally I put CPA above CCS, but ya never know who wins in a one and done deal!!