State Tournament

DonCChatt

The excuse I get is that the "host" team parents have to work the tournament so this helps them be where the home team is playing....sorry that doesn't hold water.....Boy's soccer parents, basketball parents, etc....can work the tournament....certainly for a few hours while the "host Team plays at a nuetral field.

I wrote Ronnie Carter about this 3 years ago.....NO REPLY /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Yesterday, CCS staff/parents/students were out in force, working. Today, I stopped by the Harding/USN game at Baylor on my lunch break, and the only Baylor staff/parents/students working appeared to be a security guard directing traffic. I thought it was sad that an elderly gentleman (not sure if he was Baylor or was a TSSAA official or what) was having to run the line as the ball boy.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Baylor will play their semi-final game on their home field. All finals for all classificiations are held at GPS. If GPS makes it to the finals, they would play on their home field.

I agree. They could easily have played A/AA games at Baylor, D2 at CCS, and AAA at GPS, or something similar that would ensure nobody could play on their home field (except GPS is they played in their final)

Does anyone know why we didn't use the stadium field at East Ridge? I thought it was build for events like this.

The boys state also is a great day because all state finals are played on Saturday. This makes for a great day of soccer. On the girls side at least this year Tssaa in a money making scheme??? Moved one of the three to Friday.

GPS was nice enough to host all three last year why not this year?

There are 4 classifications crowning state champions (A/AA, AAA, D2-A, and D2 AA). Until you said something, I had not realized that the D2 championship games were not on Saturday with the other two. No idea why. GPS is still hosting the Friday championship games as well as the Saturday Championship games though.

There are many issues with respect to D2 state this year. Adding the D2A classification resulted in TSSAA's decision to have 4 teams from both A and AA go to Chattanooga instead of the traditional 8. This gave 4 teams home games in the state quarterfinals and forced some teams to play under terrible field conditions. It also required that the D2 state championship games be played on a different day than the other 2 classifications. I understand the motivation to provide opportunities for some different programs to make it to state, but if the state wants to add a classification, they should be prepared to host it.

I am sure that this means more money for the city of Chattanooga and TSSAA, but it hurts the competition and makes the playing field much less even.

We have also recommended the simple CCS/Baylor switch to avoid home field for anyone at state, sometimes common sense is an oxymoron.

I think the best solution would to be to move it to the Richard Siegel Soccer Park in M'boro. None of the high school teams from that area play on those fields and it seemed to have worked pretty well for the boys.

I see your from Middle Tennessee, So why wouldn't you want it in your backyard. while I don't agree that CCS should get that much home field advantage. The easiest thing to do would have been to swap venues with Baylor.

But hey I don't blame CCS....After all TSSAA is running the event. Not the City of Chattanooga.

Are the terrible field conditions you are referring to in the games leading up to Chattanooga, or here in Chattanooga? Which specific fields are terrible?

No, the fields at all 3 locations in Chattanooga are great. I just think that the games should be moved around to avoid home field advantage.

I was talking about the fields for the D2AA quarterfinals (no longer held in Chattanooga).

Didn't Siegel High School play their games there? At one time they did I thought.

no in 2003 and 2004 they played at the fields behind the murfreesboro airport but now they play at there high school

i think the only game they have played at siegel park was vs brentwood academy

and yes the tournament should be in murfreesboro but chattanooga offered more money

remember nasa goes out to the lowest bidder and tssaa goes to the highest bidder