Insight to 9A........

AlwaysTruetoVB1

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do konw this about the VB girls (even though I follow the boys more exclusively)....... they do have a girl coming back off an injury that will help out tremendously. They also have three girls close to 6 ft. They all three have much talent. Depending on how bad they want it. They have one post that is as physical and works harder than most, another post that can be a threat outside or in and one that is at the gym all the time. I think they also have a young girl that will make a name for herself. So I would have to beg to differ that anyone will make a clean sweep of them this year. What does Forrest have? How about MTCS? I think VB didn't lose anything from last years team...they have replaced all. It will be a good season of girls basketball in VB. All are excited to go to watch the girls this year and as alwys our boys team.

So I would have to beg to differ that anyone will make a clean sweep of them this year. What does Forrest have? How about MTCS? I think VB didn't lose anything from last years team...they have replaced all.

Forrest returns everyone from a team that has made two consecutive state tournament appearances (and won a Gold Ball on their first appearance). MTCS returns four starters and graduated only one senior from last years sub-state team. All three teams--Forrest, Van Buren, and MTCS--should be very good teams. Everyone knows how hard it is to get a win on the road at Van Buren, which is the only reason why Forrest may not go undefeated in district play. However, I believe there is a way better chance of them going undefeated, then Van Buren pulling an upset again this year. Van Buren should battle MTCS for that second spot in District 9A and for the second spot in the Region 5A (will have some competition from District 10A). Regardless, Forrest will win District and Region again and will have to win a sub-state game at home against a very loaded Region 6A. The loser of Region 5A will have to go on the road to face the winner of Region 6A, and regardless of whether that is Van Buren, MTCS, or someone from District 10A, at the end of the night they will find themselves on the wrong end of a very massive beat down, much like MTCS did last year when they made the long trip down to Collinwood.

• 2 weeks later...

How Bout F.C Boyd Christian are they new to your district are they strong/good, and MTCS new this yr to the district>??

Boyd Christian was added to district 9 a few years ago, maybe 3 or 4. They have been near the bottom of the district each year. They have had some good indivdual players along the way, but not a team full...anything is possible on a given night. MTCS will be pretty strong this year. I think they only lost one starter from a team that finished second in the district tournament last year. I'm not sure how long they have been in district 9.

Thanks WoodenFan! I had heard that they(tssaa) were going to move MTCS into our region when East Literature moved up to AA this yr. But I guess we got lucky...they are the team that put us out last yr in the regionals, kept us from going to the sweet 16. So now we will just have to wait til post season to get our crack at em again....or Forrest...or Van Buren..or. well you get my drift. Good luck this yr.

Forrest got thumped by Clarkrange. How do you think forrest will fair against a team like jackson county this year?? Yeah, you guys hit everything that was tossed up when they played jacskon county for the gold. Every team can play good for one night and every team can't hit the broad side of a barn. You guys just got lucky. Different threat this year. don't hold the ball just play ball.

Oliver springs will be the threat

Forrest got thumped by Clarkrange. How do you think forrest will fair against a team like jackson county this year?? Yeah, you guys hit everything that was tossed up when they played jacskon county for the gold. Every team can play good for one night and every team can't hit the broad side of a barn. You guys just got lucky. Different threat this year. don't hold the ball just play ball.

Oliver springs will be the threat

My aren't we the defensive one? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Still hurts from 2 years ago huh? /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> Forrest should be there at the end again just like Jackson County and Clarkrange along with many other "potential" threats. Just gotta be ready and get over "bad" nights because like you so aptly said, any team can have one!! Hope you have a great year, I know you hope we do too! GO LADY ROCKETS !!!!!

My aren't we the defensive one? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Still hurts from 2 years ago huh? /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> Forrest should be there at the end again just like Jackson County and Clarkrange along with many other "potential" threats. Just gotta be ready and get over "bad" nights because like you so aptly said, any team can have one!! Hope you have a great year, I know you hope we do too! GO LADY ROCKETS !!!!!

how can u get thumped by clarkrange and talk about being a threat?