Tennessee vs Missouri

Dragon Fly

I was wondering, how would the wrestling teams in Tennessee fair with the teams from Missouri. Can the Tennessee teams compete with Missouri or has their wrestling programs been to strong for us in Tennessee.

Yes, just a few (less than 5 years ago) seasons ago Helias was the top team in Missouri and it seems like they were defeated by a Tennessee team in the Christian Brothers Duals.

I was wondering, how would the wrestling teams in Tennessee fair with the teams from Missouri. Can the Tennessee teams compete with Missouri or has their wrestling programs been to strong for us in Tennessee.

My top CRACK research team has come up with this.....

Who Cares ???

bcb iii /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

CBG, I appreciate you giving us the information. I personally thought that the Tennessee teams could compete with Missouri. The reason I asked the question in the first place was that my closest friend lives in Kingston Springs, TN. He told me that the new Fairview wrestling coach from Missouri stated in their local paper that the mediocre teams from Missouri would win the state here in Tennessee every year. I don't think this coach knows much about Tennessee wrestling. We have some of the best team in the southeast. Example: Soddy Daisy, Bradley, Baylor, Ryan and many more. Heck we even send some west Tennessee teams up to Cape Gerardo and they do extremely well each year.

CBG, I appreciate you giving us the information. I personally thought that the Tennessee teams could compete with Missouri. The reason I asked the question in the first place was that my closest friend lives in Kingston Springs, TN. He told me that the new Fairview wrestling coach from Missouri stated in their local paper that the mediocre teams from Missouri would win the state here in Tennessee every year. I don't think this coach knows much about Tennessee wrestling. We have some of the best team in the southeast. Example: Soddy Daisy, Bradley, Baylor, Ryan and many more. Heck we even send some west Tennessee teams up to Cape Gerardo and they do extremely well each year.

I grew up in the K.C. area and am familiar with wrestling in Missouri. There are some strong teams on both sides of the state...Oak Park, Fort Zumwalt West, Francis Howell North, Blue Springs, Park Hill, and Northwest to name a few. This is just my guess, but the top 10 teams in Mo. would "compete" for a TN state title in D1 or D2. The Fairview coach has probably not experienced yet wrestling the top teams in TN which are very strong and include national placers (from Fargo Jr. Nationals, Super 32, etc.)

Christian Brothers results vs. Missouri competition in the last 4 years:

Tiger Classic

2003- 6th

2004- 11th

2005- 8th

2006- 4th

Holding a winning dual record of 5 wins and 4 losses.

Just to give you a comparison of how tough the Tiger Classic is here are the reults for CBHS in the DII State Individual Tournament those same years:

2003 - 4th

2004 - 6th

2005 - 5th

2006 - 4th

I will see if I have time to go back and see where CBHS ranked in the combined state coaches poll during those years as well. I doubt there was a year they weren't in the top 10-12.