3a

tnfootball4

catholic is AMAZING!!! this year .Until some1 stops them i wont think they can be beaten..sure some one can get close to beating them but ..close to winning and winning are 2 diffrent things ...if catholic does get beat it will be in the 2nd or 3rd round. If they make it further than that than they WILL WIN STATE!!! I dont think no1 from middle tn (in 3a) can beat them or fulton.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

catholic is AMAZING!!! this year .Until some1 stops them i wont think they can be beaten..sure some one can get close to beating them but ..close to winning and winning are 2 diffrent things ...if catholic does get beat it will be in the 2nd or 3rd round. If they make it further than that than they WILL WIN STATE!!! I dont think no1 from middle tn (in 3a) can beat them or fulton.

Hasnt Catholic always done good in the regular season and early in the payoffs then lost to Fulton in the playoffs since they joined 2-3a? Just wonderin.

Get out of the Quarterfinals before you talk about being the best /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Lipscomb has been preparing all season for another chance at the blue cross bowl!!!! This year they will be playing with a chip on their shoulder having been the runner-up for the last two years!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Win something besides your Region first...

I love the program at Catholic, but win a game in December before you thump your chest.

And....tell your coach to play Alcoa!!

(sorry, just had to get that in.)

Hey Painted.

I agree, and would fight the Mrs. for some of her loose change to see that one. I remember when Rankin first came to town, I wanted to see what all the fuss was about, and went and watched Alcoa scrimmage Catholic in the spring. It was the first time I saw Hodge and or Cobb. Both teams had some of their guys out. Sommer looked real good in that one, but Shiverdecker didn't play. H. Smith and a few others for Catholic as well. That was the 1st time I watched the Zak Tait kid as well. Pretty sure Rankin and Pemberton go way back. Tenn Tech, Smith Co. connections maybe? I don't recall a score, or if one was kept; however, it was even up IMO. Be a nice series, good gate, etc.

As for Catholic this year, I was pretty high on them earlier, but they seem to be too inconsistent. Teams that play to the level of their competition, whether that be up or down; get bit. Just the way it works. I still think Region 2 sweeps Region 1. Maybe Catholic finds some consistency. Fulton can beat them, and anyone else in 3A, as can AE if they get hot, and up on their opponent early. If AC decides on an offense rather than lining up in the I one play, and going 4 wide the next, they could cause problems for most 3A teams. Big, athletic, and physical. Tough kids, but lack focus sometimes. Kingston is going to get better and better. Saw them scrimmage Tyner, and listened to them vs. Catholic while I was at the AE/Fulton game last week. King really seems to like the Wing T. Give them another year with that Sams kid at RB, and they will do very well. Sounded like they had a good QB. Bailey maybe?

After the 1st round; it's a region dog fight to see who gets to play Pearl Cohn, and chase Daunte Mason around in the semifinals. Mason, Lanxter, Cobb wearing the blue. Sommer too? Guess we'll have to ask Graham at AE. What about Hodge?

ruse?

Hasnt Catholic always done good in the regular season and early in the payoffs then lost to Fulton in the playoffs since they joined 2-3a? Just wonderin.

They put Fulton out in 2005 but were unfortunate when they had to go against the L.A. WildCATES in round 3. I guarantee you their next meeting with Fulton will not be an easy win. I would put my money on the winner of that game to become the state champ!

I agree, we got to win it before we start talking about how good we are. But no one is talking. Finally gridironguy decided to quit posting. Win or Lose, I can't wait for the region 2-3A playoffs to begin. Also, KC and Alcoa tried to play each other this year but schedules just didn't allow it. I think the only time the two teams could have met would have been when KC was in the middle of playing AE and Webb. And Alcoa was in the middle of Maryville and White House. If they played each other at that time, the players may not have made it out of those 3 weeks.