Playoffs-Region 1 vs. Region 2

Tribefb

It wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't the Oak Ridge color comentator. I know that the play-by-play guy (AKA DCCatVoice) is classy and I have never heard him make that kind of comment during any of the games that I have heard him call. Also, has anybody heard if McMinn County has been invited to a bowl game. That bunch deserves some sort of postseason.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we will come out strong against Bearden, and If we get the chance I think the WB game will be a whole different game than the first one. I think Wb is strong and very good, but Ooltewah will give them their hands full if we get a rematch. It will be a toss up on that game....if we get there.

I'd respectfully argue that the "toss up" is the first round game with Bearden. In my opinion that one could go either way, which I consider a compliment to the 4th seeded, visiting Owls. It's not so much that I think it will be a very tight game, rather I can imagine different scenarios in which EITHER team wins by 10-14 points.

As for a possible rematch with William Blount in the 2nd round -- careful what you wish for. I've been reading for weeks how different the outcome would be if only Ooltewah were afforded another opportunity. I just don't see it. Ooltewah is a fine team with a bevy of young talent, but the Governors are an absolutely horrible matchup for the Owls. My suspicion is that were such a rematch to occur, the only difference would be even more to William Blount's advantage. But I could be wrong; it happens -- more than I care to admit.

Playoff time is always a lot of fun.

For Ooletwah past history has shown the 4 seed from Region 2 is very capable of going on the road and getting a win. Ooltewah 2 years ago, WB last year. I think if a 4 seed is to win in class 5A it will be Ooltewah. I will go with Ooletwah in a minor (due to the seeding) upset in that game.

OR on the road at DB. IMO DB is the team the team in both regions that nobody wanted to play. I think they are playing better than anyone in Region 1 at this particular point. I know that I am very glad to be opposite of Farragut and DB, as those two will play each other in round 2, as DB will knock off OR at home, and then have the very very difficult task of going to Farragut.

Farragut will win over Jefferson County and WB will get a win in their first ever home playoff football game in round 1.

Round 2. DB on the road at Farragut, and WB at home vs. Ooltewah.

Just my opinion. Good luck to all the teams.

I hate to correct you Mr TV but WB hosted Morristown East back in 1999 in the first round.

I'm going with a split,two games for each region next friday.That is a far cry from those that say region 2 will take all four games.I'm one of a several people that heard a region 2 game on the radio a few weeks back, a sweep was predicted by the region two team radio broardcaster.He said he would be ''Shocked'' if it didn't happen. I don't think TVA will have anything on him after next friday night.

I hope the guy a heard say that on the radio has recovered this morning.Nothing against region 2,because they are a great bunch of teams and will be a hand full next week.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going with a split,two games for each region next friday.That is a far cry from those that say region 2 will take all four games.I'm one of a several people that heard a region 2 game on the radio a few weeks back, a sweep was predicted by the region two team radio broardcaster.He said he would be ''Shocked'' if it didn't happen. I don't think TVA will have anything on him after next friday night.

Well,hats off to Bearden and region 1. The last crow was just put on the train headed to region 2.Now, bring back some hardware to all of East Tennessee !!!!!!!

Well,hats off to Beardon and region 1. The last crow was just put on the train headed to region 2.Now, bring back some hardware to all of East Tennessee !!!!!!!

Congrats to all of Region 1. Margin of victory by Bearden over Region 2 playoff teams (including the loss to Farrigut) was five points more than Region 1 playoff teams.

I can't say that I care too much about the supposed bragging rights one region boasts over another. Bearden proved itself on the field as the best team from either Region 1 or Region 2 at the only time of the year it really matters. I think overall -- or on average -- Region 1 teams leaned more on their defenses, Region 2 teams on their offenses. The balance of Region 2 was far superior to Region 1 looking at the season in its entirety, while Bearden -- the Region 1 champ -- was far superior to its 3 opponents from Region 2 in the playoffs. Congrats to the Bulldogs, a classy team enjoying a storybook season!