CAK vs CCS

chasanooga

Let me first start off with a "WOW", what an excting game. CCS starts out with the better of it in the first half. If a had to put a figure on it I would guess that CCS possessed the ball on a 60/40 split. CCS had a few opportunities early but were unable to convert. A liitle scrum was taking place in front of the CAK goal and Dana Streufurt heads the ball towards goal and the CAK defender tried to clear and inadvertently hits it into her on net . The defender had a very tough angle to try to clear and you certainly felt terrible for the young lady. I watched her the rest of the game and she played very well the rest of the way. Not much happens until half as both teams put together some nice runs but nothing that is a real scoring opportunity. The second half CAK comes out quickly and makes some nice runs on goal and you can feel the momentum swinging back into CAK's favor. Then with 29 minutes left in the half Ruthie Edmonds takes the ball at about the 12 , while Leah Wilson is cheating to the near post, Ruthie sends a rocket to the far post that Leah never had a chance on. This was such a tough shot as Ruthie had a small window of opporunity due to the angle of the shot and she buried it. The game is getting more physical as the game wears on and neither team is subbing that much. This goes on until the end of regulation with the score knotted at 1 a piece. We now go into two 10 minute overtimes (with no golden goal rule) and CAK and CCS both had chances but neither team could convert their scoring opportunities. CAK had 1 last chance with 3 seconds to go in the second OT period on a beautiful cross that went inches wide to the left. Of course if that had gone in and with time expiring CAK would have been the winner. We then go to two 5 minute OT's with the golden goal rule in effect. That is sudden death, first one to score, wins. Back and forth we go again with neither team is subbing much at all and the girls are giving all they've got. Brittany Hoffman makes a couple of nice runs on goal only to be thwarted by CCS' tough defense. With less that a minute to go in the second 5 minute OT one of the CAK players (sorry I didn't get the number) launched a rocket right at Leah as the ball was headed just under the bar and Leah deflected the ball up and over the bar, great save! We finish up this OT and we go to a shootout/pk's. Boy here is where I am glad I didn't have a dog in the hunt because this is torture for all parents involved. Here is how it goes

CAK goes first

1.CAK misses

1.CCS Logan Mays buries hers in the net CCS 1-0

2.CAK Brittanny Hoffman buries hers

2.CCS misses tied 1-1

3. CAK misses high

3. CCS misses tied 1-1

4.CAK Ellie Ferguson buries hers in the net

4. CCS Dana Streufert makes her shot tied 2-2

5. CAK Melynne Dentom makes her shot

5. CCS Britanny Lee makes her shot tied 3-3

6. CAK great save by Leah Wilson

6. CCS misses tied 3-3

7. CAK Kiah Allen makes her shot CAK 4 CCS 3

with the game on the line, make and move on, miss and your out.

7. CCS Katie Johnson makes her shot tied 4-4

8. CAK misses

8. CCS Leah Wilson (goal keeper) steps up and places a ball beautifully just inside the post to win for CCS.

CCS wins 5-4 in one of the most exciting games this year.

The crowd goes wild and Leah is mobbed by all of her team mates.

Great game and CCS must be tired after playing 110 minutes with few subs, you would think that might take a toll on them tomorrrow, we'll see. Congrats to both teams for leaving it all out there on the field. Both teams should be proud!

well i didnt see that one coming...well i guess once in a while the better team loses. Im not trying to start a fight on her like ive done in the past bigG (yeah i was trying to get the catholic fans mad) but you play these same two teams 100 times cak will win the 99 other ones. but thats why they play the game i guess.

well i didnt see that one coming...well i guess once in a while the better team loses. Im not trying to start a fight on her like ive done in the past bigG (yeah i was trying to get the catholic fans mad) but you play these same two teams 100 times cak will win the 99 other ones. but thats why they play the game i guess.

Sounds like SOUR GRAPES.

Congrats to both teams. Sounds like one heck of a game

Rather funny (an embarrassing) story which will always leave this game in my memories!!!

I was in the doctors office during the PK shootout. I had one of my dad's on the phone, and the nurse came in to give me a cortisone shot. I couldn't hang up (I would have missed the sudden death shoot out!), but had to get "prepped" for the shot (if you know anything about cortisone, you will understand what I am talking about!) So, I put it on speaker phone. As the final CCS shooter took her shot, I took mine. Let's just say that moment was painful in many ways. Probably more information than anyone wants to know, but just trying to lighten up a hard loss for our lady warriors.

I am very proud of CAK win or lose. Any team can get beaten at any time by any team. It's not how you win that makes the most impact, but how you lose. It's easy to win. Your true character is shown when things don't go your way. Hold your heads up high, warriors. You had an outstanding season, and lost to a great program.

I am very proud of CAK win or lose. Any team can get beaten at any time by any team. It's not how you win that makes the most impact, but how you lose. It's easy to win. Your true character is shown when things don't go your way. Hold your heads up high, warriors. You had an outstanding season, and lost to a great program.

True That. G good luck next year.

Well... all I have to say is what a game and I'm going to fail my singing test tomorrow on account of no voice. Great game. Hats of to CAK. They played well.

Great game with no dog in the hunt. Torture for the rest of us.

350+ students showed. It was fun. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Rather funny (an embarrassing) story which will always leave this game in my memories!!!

I was in the doctors office during the PK shootout. I had one of my dad's on the phone, and the nurse came in to give me a cortisone shot. I couldn't hang up (I would have missed the sudden death shoot out!), but had to get "prepped" for the shot (if you know anything about cortisone, you will understand what I am talking about!) So, I put it on speaker phone. As the final CCS shooter took her shot, I took mine. Let's just say that moment was painful in many ways. Probably more information than anyone wants to know, but just trying to lighten up a hard loss for our lady warriors.

So was that scream we heard over here in the Tri-Cities from the shot or the missed PK?

Great game by both teams. Julie Thompson getting hurt and out for the rest of the game didn't help CAK at all. This was a very physical game I thought. Seemed as if the ref had lots of tough calls to make. I didn't agree with some, but he can't make them all. Overall it was a great game by both teams.