Rhea Co. vs Maryville

m4rcut

Well the team gave there best shot and they just didn't have the same amount of athletes as Maryville. I loved the trick play, that was pretty cool to see it work in a game. I loved the way the sophomore Jon Finch played tonight. The kid can play, and seeing him on offense tonight looked promising. I know Julian was really upset after the game, I know he wanted that record badly. Moffet has a torn MCL. Hopefully he can be back in time for baseball season. We didn't turn the ball over a whole lot or commit a lot of penalties which was a nice change. The team tried it best but just couldn't get it done. To all the seniors on the team. Thank You for giving your time and effort to make this team better. To the younger players time to get in the weight room and get ready for next season. Spring will be here before you know it.

Did anybody see what happen to the person on the Rhea county side that needed medical attention.

He fell down, legs ended up under the fence, ChrisRoberts came to help, Someone went and got he two policement to go help the ladiestake care of him. Heard he passed out.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think region 3 is probably the toughest top to bottom. Three teams (maryville, west, and halls) move to the second round. The only team to loose was Powell (forth place region 3) and they only lost by three to Red Bank (first place region 4). Region 2 and 8 also sent 3 teams to round two, but with all the #1 seeds moving on, the next closest 1-4 match up was Sullivan South(first place region 1) beating Morristown East(forth place region 2) by 20. That makes the powell Red Bank game the closest 1-4 match up by far!

For the improbable to occur the following things must happen:

1) Commit to the run on offense for the entire game, even if you're down a couple of scores. Use Ball/Clock control offense. (This plan worked for 2 quarters against Red Bank before it was abandoned)

2) Stop passing inside the Red Zone every time that your run game gets you there. Dance with who brung you!

3) Get pressure on Maryville's QB, since we've established that can't cover anybody's wideouts.

4) Quit burning all your timeouts before and after you run the "freeze" play to draw the other team offsides. It doesn't work against well coached teams. Maryville is a well coached team. If you insist on the freeze play, at least check to a play after it doesn't work. Or even try changing up the snap count.

5) Get the PAT situation figured out. If you're going for two, don't burn a timeout picking a 2 point play. Have that play ready before the game ever starts.

1) We didn't. Got pass happy early. Maryville committed as few as six in the box early in the game. We still passed.

2) We didn't. Had the ball on an interception near or around the Maryville 30, threw four consecutive incomplete passes. We do what we do!

3) We didn't. He had all day to throw, but it was nice to finally see a fourth defensive lineman

4) We got one right!

5) 0/3 on PATs

The guys absolutely played their guts out. They didn't come out wide-eyed about how great Maryville is. They showed a ton of heart and fought the whole game. This one wasn't lost on a lack of effort, that's for sure.

Maryville's coaches seemed to almost be in our huddle. They knew the onside kick was coming. They knew the fake punt was coming. They did NOT see the trick play. So, as Meatloaf would say, two out of three ain't bad!

Not to say I told you so, but..... As i said before, you dont just get that many straight wins handed to you. They are hard earned. When and if rhea can get down a passing game, maybe we'll see they day they make it past. As of right now though from what i've heard maryville will be moving out of 4a in the near future so 4a may be a different story.

Ok well this season is over for the Golden Eagles and its not good to ever see your homw school lose in the first round. I know I've been on this board saying alot of negative things about Rhea Co. but truthfully I love Rhea Co. and always have, and always will. Me getting on this board wasn't because I thought any of the things I said about this team is true but to say those things to make the team mad and to motivate the team. Me and a player on this seasons football team came up with this plan. The player was a great Rhea football player that I played with and love very much. And as for the rest of the team I love them very much too I played with most every guy on that team and they all know how I feel about them and Rhea football. And as for the coaches, these are the men who helped me get to where I am today. Coach Fitzgerald knows who I am and we are very close, everything that I said negative about the coaches was to make the players mad, because I know that each and every person on that team loves those coaches and would play their hearts out to prove this idiot wrong on the message board. I love these coaches and support their decisions now just as I did when I played for them. So if I offended anyone on here (parents) I apologize for that, I didn't mean any of it it was just to motivate the team, which the players who was in on the plan said it worked and that everyone wanted to prove me wrong. So work hard in the off season and get ready for next year. It will be here before you know it. And to all you seniors, good luck and enjoy the rest of this year its going to go by fast. I love all you guys.

Not to say I told you so, but..... As i said before, you dont just get that many straight wins handed to you. They are hard earned. When and if rhea can get down a passing game, maybe we'll see they day they make it past. As of right now though from what i've heard maryville will be moving out of 4a in the near future so 4a may be a different story.

Ummm I knid of hate to say this. Well at the current enrollment rate we are moving up too. Rhea is over the 5A number cut off of 1500, and our numbers look to be going up more over the next couple of years. So 4A may be different but 5A may or may not be different for Maryville and Rhea and maybe one or two others in the Chattanooga and Knoxville Area.

Mr. Wilson... I had heard it was you but I didn't want to believe it. But I now understand why you did it. I know that you got motivation in Rhea's locker room because I had spoken with them about various things. The infamous m4rcut always came into the topic. Congrats, and I don't think of you as any less of a man for your comments. Thank you for the motivation that you brought the Rhea County boys. And, I miss you as being the QB of the Golden Eagles!

Mr. Wilson... I had heard it was you but I didn't want to believe it. But I now understand why you did it. I know that you got motivation in Rhea's locker room because I had spoken with them about various things. The infamous m4rcut always came into the topic. Congrats, and I don't think of you as any less of a man for your comments. Thank you for the motivation that you brought the Rhea County boys. And, I miss you as being the QB of the Golden Eagles!

Yeap me too. I knew it and I couldn't believe it. LOL I'll admit it I played along after finding out a couple of weeks ago lol. And I'll admit you had me and a few players, that didn't know, going there for along time, but after I had found out, it was too much fun not to argue with you. You did a good job in movtivating them. Oh and you remember when I said come see me. I really did want you to come see me to see how you have been. I knew after the RB game. lol Just something about those clues that you left, that made me think it was you, before I knew too. Coach Nichols, the QB deal, the teams, Ryno, the coaches, and some other things.

Well it's time for basketball season and I can't wait for baseball season.

I think it did man. And I would love to be back at Rhea playing but I cant obviously but the qbs we have now are fine, they came into a bad situation, being thrown into playing with out ever having any experience. Next year I expect another good fight for the job. They will do big things next year. But since I'll never play at Rhea again hopefully I can come back to home and coach. Thats my goal, to be back coaching in Rhea in 4 to 5 years. So till then I wont get to see many games but I'm there wit ya Rhea Co.