South Pittsburg vs Trousdale County

TheLivingLegend

Pirate Mike 48-13

I just don't see South Pitt scoring that many points against TC.

The Legend will come in with the game plan of keeping the ball away from the SP

offense and go on long time consuming clock running drives.

I think SP can and probably will win this game but Defense is TC's game and SP won't get

6 or 7 real scoring opportunites unless turnovers come into play.

Look at TC's record with the exception of Smith County their first team defense has not allowed

more than two scores per game and they have played against some very good offensive teams.

If TC allows SP to score 48 points the Legend will make them run home.

Over and under on this game should be around 30, by far the best 1 vs 4 matchup in the State.

I have to agree. I'm sure SP is pretty proud of their team but scoring 48 pt against TC is nothing more than wishful thinking.

TC will come ready to play!! I predict TC will win by a TD

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South Pittsburg has a lot of talent but weak coaching and poor discipline. They are 10-0 because the programs in their district are weak. Tyner,a good 2-A team should have beaten them, but their coaching is weaker than SP's. I see Trousdale smashing their glass bubble in a big way. TC-35, SP-20.

How on earth do you figure FCS gets the short end you are 2nd in region and playing at home fri night against a team that SP trounced this past Fri night(nothing against Grace) and will get to play either SP/TC who will probally both be worse for wear after their battle.Sheesss no wonder FCS gets no respect too much crying!!

If you had read the post you would know I was talking about support... not playoff position. In fact, it was your dear Purple and Gold that was lacking in such support. Kinda weird when Watertown and Gordonsville could both cheer for us and ya'll couldn't, especially when if the shoe was on the other foot and FCS was all for TC.....

But that is neither here nor there, sor subject from years gone past that is water under the bridge. Best of luck at South Pitt. TC has always done a great job of representing region 4 and I expect them to do just as well this comming friday.

Will The Living Legend FCSPride be on hand this Friday? I think you need to deck out in FCS Green and Gold so everyone can identify you. Some legends are easy to identify, but you may be a little tough to spot.

I am planning on being in attendance for the game at South Pitt... All my green stuff is short sleeve, and all my cold weather stuff is orange, which if memmory serves is South Pitt's colors...

South Pittsburg has a lot of talent but weak coaching and poor discipline. They are 10-0 because the programs in their district are weak. Tyner,a good 2-A team should have beaten them, but their coaching is weaker than SP's. I see Trousdale smashing their glass bubble in a big way. TC-35, SP-20.

I dont see that happening. They are 10-0 & they do have a weaker region, but they beat 3 of the top 4 teams in Tyners region so they could have easily won that region also. They had a tight game against Tyner but 2 rather convincing wins over Boyd & Marion. They do have it tough though having to play Trousdale, F.C., then Gordonsville. I have respect for all those teams up there in that region. They come ready to play every game and you can tell by how the games have been this season. Any other year I wouldnt say this but this year they have made me believe. The coaching is not weak at all especially the defensive coach. He has done a heck of a job this year & the discipline is not poor at all. I dont think its gonna be easy to make it to the state having those 3 teams in the way but if they do slip up I just dont see it bein this game. It will be a close one though. Trousdale will come ready to play like always.

Okay, boys and girls-football is first, food is second. Any good eats in S. Pitt?

Several good places to eat. Stevarinos has great Italian food and pizza plus a full bar if you are thirsty. They also have a good flat iron steak and prime rib. Stevarinos is in one of the historic buildings downtown and has a bunch of old Pirate football and town pictures displayed. They are on the right at the corner of Cedar Ave and 3rd Street. (3rd Street is the main street coming into SP. The Stadium is at Cedar and 7th Street). Across the road from Stevarinos is a good authentic Mexican place that is also in one of the old historic buildings. There are also two diners that serve burgers, etc....the Dixie Freeze and Harvey's Pirate. Just turn right on 2nd street off of Cedar Ave and one block up they are both on the left corners across from each other. Can't miss them. The Dixie Freeze has a 50s car hop theme and the Pirate is decorated with years of pictures and memorabilia of South Pittsburg and UT football.

I was going to say something to the tune of "Well _____ Likes FCS".... but your right, it is pretty much just the FCS people. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" How did we get the short end of the stick again? Seems like it happens every year...

It does seem like FC is always hated, everybody knows that. OK with me, just makes our boys stronger & more determined.

However, I'm pulling for all Region 4 teams!!! We all know that we've got some strong teams, even in our so called "down years." We beat up on each other through the regular season & we should all be ready to take it to the next level. If it comes down to Region 4 battling each other to get to the next level, it just shows how strong our teams really are.

I'm proud of our FC boys for being able to pull together given the amount of injuries we've had this year. We really have a good calibur of kids wearing the green uniform. I'm just as proud of our Region 4 friends who have also battled the injury bug & fought hard to win when the odds were against them. I think it's time for all of us to show a little more respect to each other, we ALL HAVE EARNED IT!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It does seem like FC is always hated, everybody knows that. OK with me, just makes our boys stronger & more determined.

However, I'm pulling for all Region 4 teams!!! We all know that we've got some strong teams, even in our so called "down years." We beat up on each other through the regular season & we should all be ready to take it to the next level. If it comes down to Region 4 battling each other to get to the next level, it just shows how strong our teams really are.

I'm proud of our FC boys for being able to pull together given the amount of injuries we've had this year. We really have a good calibur of kids wearing the green uniform. I'm just as proud of our Region 4 friends who have also battled the injury bug & fought hard to win when the odds were against them. I think it's time for all of us to show a little more respect to each other, we ALL HAVE EARNED IT!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I don't hate you. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Yes, we all (reg. 4) should have earned the respect of each other. Did you see all the different scenerios for playoff position leading up to the LAST regular season game? I believe there were 15 different ways it could have gone - some a very long stretch, albeit, but we all knew that nothing was a sure thing til the last buzzer of all the games.

I also have tons of respect for South Pitt. I'm looking forward to this game, but will not say we'll smoke 'em, 'cause we won't. This game is anybody's. They won't quit til the end. Also, H2O/LV will probably tight. Anyway... good luck Jackets.

Upmost respect for Trousdale but you guys haven't played a team of this caliber all year. My nephew lives over in your neck of the woods and he's seen all of region 4 play and he has also watched our three games against Region 3 2a which is Boyd,Tyner.and Marion and he thinks no team can stay within 21 points of the pirates. This years team might be a little better than our 99 state champion year in my oppinion. Pirates in a close one! SP-42 TCHS-14.