Region 5 vs. Region 6

theyoungtiger

I did do some checking and this is what I found.

Region 1 has 6 teams.

Region 2 has 8 teams.

Region 3 has 8 teams.

Region 4 has 8 teams.

Region 5 has 10 teams.

Region 6 has 9 teams.

Region 7 has 8 teams.

Region 8 has 6 teams.

With that said, I will say that the two hardest regions ply in and make the play-off would have two be Region 5 and 6............I also can tell you what teams are in what region if I need too. All I could have to do is get them out of my notes.................

What I would like to see happen is for 1 or 2 teams from region 7 (most western teams) re-assigned to region 8. Collinwood and Wayne added to region 7. McEwen, Jo Byrns, and White House Heritage added to region 6. Moore County and Huntland added to region 5. M.T.C.S. added to region 4. Furtherest team east in region 4 moved to region 3. Same for 3>2 and one team from region 2 moved to region 1.

That would make the breakdown like this:

Region 1 7 teams

region 2 8 teams

region 3 8 teams

region 4 8 teams

region 5 8 teams

region 6 8 teams

region 7 8 teams

region 8 8 teams

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I would like to see happen is for 1 or 2 teams from region 7 (most western teams) re-assigned to region 8. Collinwood and Wayne added to region 7. McEwen, Jo Byrns, and White House Heritage added to region 6. Moore County and Huntland added to region 5. M.T.C.S. added to region 4. Furtherest team east in region 4 moved to region 3. Same for 3>2 and one team from region 2 moved to region 1.

Region 1 7 teams

region 2 8 teams

region 3 8 teams

region 4 8 teams

region 5 8 teams

region 6 8 teams

region 7 8 teams

region 8 8 teams

Cascade11 you lost me there, but take region 6 now with 9 teams take two away then add three then you would have 10 in region 6...............

Cascade11 you lost me there, but take region 6 now with 9 teams take two away then add three then you would have 10 in region 6...............

Take away 4 teams from region 6: wc, cw, huntland, and Mc... You didn't read all of it. After submitting that, I went to mapquest and realized that would be just as big a mess as we have now. I was trying to come up with equal regions and creating the least amount of travel. Pretty much you'd have to scrap the whole system and start over to do that...

Take away 4 teams from region 6: wc, cw, huntland, and Mc... You didn't read all of it. After submitting that, I went to mapquest and realized that would be just as big a mess as we have now. I was trying to come up with equal regions and creating the least amount of travel. Pretty much you'd have to scrap the whole system and start over to do that...

I must have missed something. But good luck friday night. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

you are right there, I found where I got lost.................. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

I must have missed something. But good luck friday night. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

I said wayne county and collinwood added to region 7 (from 6) and Huntland and Moore County added to region 5 (from region 6). Thats a total of 4 teams taken away and 3 teams added. That makes eight teams left, correct? Your starting to confuse me.... Good luck to you guys also. I think the only shot you guys have is to make Marco beat you through the air. I'd make sure I contained him if it took 6 guys monitoring his every move. He wouldn't beat me on the ground, he'd have to do it through the air... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I said wayne county and collinwood added to region 7 (from 6) and Huntland and Moore County added to region 5 (from region 6). Thats a total of 4 teams taken away and 3 teams added. That makes eight teams left, correct? Your starting to confuse me.... Good luck to you guys also. I think the only shot you guys have is to make Marco beat you through the air. I'd make sure I contained him if it took 6 guys monitoring his every move. He wouldn't beat me on the ground, he'd have to do it through the air... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agree with you there. But I'M not a coach and it hard to get them to see that....................

It may be a mess but much better then a mess with 6 teams in one region and 10 in another! I still say the mose screwed up system I have ever seen is in Kansas, my gosh!

M.T.C.S. added to region 4. Furtherest team east in region 4 moved to region 3. Same for 3>2 and one team from region 2 moved to region 1.

If my geography is correct then Monterey is the furthest east team. The only problem I have against this scenario is that region 4 already contains what is arguable the two worst teams in 1A, and you want to add another one in MTCS.

Region 1 7 teams

region 2 8 teams

region 3 8 teams

region 4 8 teams

region 5 8 teams

region 6 8 teams

region 7 8 teams

region 8 8 teams

Just looking at the map White House is East of the 65, they would be better off moving to Region 4 with M.T.C.S. Keep Jo Byrns in 5 , Huntland in 6, McEwen to 7, and Moore Co in 6 this being based on interstate travel time and geography.

my bad on the ten teams instead of nine, I did not go really think about it....But I do love how you caught me on that but did not say anything about the outcome of the JB game.....Not dogging my home team...it's just last week I caught so much crap for predicting what the score was going to be......and I was pretty well on the money....did not seem to say anything about that..... Not really trying to start something with you or anyone else on the forum....I do know tenn hs football, I just did not think about the ten team region thing though...... But on that subject that is dumb how the set the regions up like that having uneven regions.....when I was in hs our basketball region had 7 teams in it and the district was pretty good, there were 5 tough teams in it.... It was a fight just to get to regionals.... That same year in west tennesse their was a district with 4 teams in it.....they were sf, Dreasden, gleason, and Greenfeild....All four teams went to the region no matter how they did in the regular season, or the district tournament....so all they had to do was win 3 games and get into the state tournament....Don't know if it is still like that but, that was so uneven.....

my bad on the ten teams instead of nine, I did not go really think about it....But I do love how you caught me on that but did not say anything about the outcome of the JB game.....Not dogging my home team...it's just last week I caught so much crap for predicting what the score was going to be......and I was pretty well on the money....did not seem to say anything about that..... Not really trying to start something with you or anyone else on the forum....I do know tenn hs football, I just did not think about the ten team region thing though...... But on that subject that is dumb how the set the regions up like that having uneven regions.....when I was in hs our basketball region had 7 teams in it and the district was pretty good, there were 5 tough teams in it.... It was a fight just to get to regionals.... That same year in west tennesse their was a district with 4 teams in it.....they were sf, Dreasden, gleason, and Greenfeild....All four teams went to the region no matter how they did in the regular season, or the district tournament....so all they had to do was win 3 games and get into the state tournament....Don't know if it is still like that but, that was so uneven.....

About last friday night game. The team that I saw had the same mind set as you did. They did not play like the team that had the 7-2 record. And the weay that you talk then you will not see them play any more this season. Due to you only go to home games...........................................