Silverdale @ Gordonsville

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They lost to Lookout Valley, Grace Academy and Boyd also. None of those teams are great. It doesn't take much to compare scores with scores and see what could happen. You should also check the Massey ratings. They can help make a really accurate prediction on game scores. Sorry that I struck a nerve, but IMO Silverdale will not play with Gordonsville. It's just a gut feeling. If I am wrong I will eat my crow. There is no need in getting upset.

TheLivingLegend is on about his prediction, but wrong about a team that Silverdale had to bow down to. Silverdale did not play Boyd Buc. They would have in a scrimmage this past fall, but the pulled out the white flag and canceled on us and decided to have special teams practice instead.

Silverdale should be proud of there season though, they did well, but it should end this Friday night.

Walliser named Player of the Week

Sunday, November 04, 2007

By Ward Gossett

Assistant Sports Editor

Philip Walliser has been a piece of the Silverdale Baptist football puzzle for four years but he made the jump this year to cornerstone.

The 6-foot-2, 200-pound senior has come up with big performances previously in Silverdale's push this year for the playoffs but he had an extra special effort Friday.

He came up with season highs on both sides of the ball and the Seahawks clinched their first Tennessee high school football playoff berth with a 32-12 win over Whitwell. Silverdale will be headed for Gordonsville Friday for its initial postseason opportunity.

They might not have gotten there without Walliser, who picked up 227 yards and a touchdown on 17 carries on offense and 19 tackles on defense.

"This is amazing. I can't even explain it," said Walliser, who has anchored Silverdale's defense all season. "We have worked so hard for these four years, but I always looked forward to my senior year. I always thought this would be the year we broke through." Walliser broke the 1,000-yard rushing mark for the season.

"He has been that way all year. There have been a lot of coaches who have seen him and said he could have played at any state classification level," Silverdale coach John Allen said.

Among the schools looking at Walliser right now are Tennessee Tech, Austin Peay, Carson-Newman, and Allen said he intends to send tape to Furman and Wofford.

"I really think he's a player although he hasn't gotten much notoriety. He's a 4.0 student and he has already passed the test," Allen said. "It's like having a coach out there on the field. He's smart. He's a leader and his teammates respect him."

Walliser has had 100-yard efforts previously, picking up 196 yards in a loss to Grace Academy and 114 in a win over David Brainerd. He also had a season-best 63-yard TD run against Sequatchie County.

With the effort against Whitwell, Walliser boosted his per-game rushing average to 107.3 yards, giving him 1,073 for the season. His per-carry average jumped to 8.3 yards.

The 19-tackle showing improved the linebacker's season average to 14.3 tackles per game, which could allow him to finish as the area's top tackler for the regular season.

Yep.....They lost to Bledsoe, not Boyd

Geez, where do you Legends get your information.

Oliver Springs W 27-0

Fri Aug. 31 Riverside Christian W 61-0

Fri Sep. 7 at Grace Baptist Academy R L 35-48

Fri Sep. 21 at Copper Basin R W 55-20

Fri Sep. 28 Temple R W 35-6

Fri Oct. 5 David Brainerd R W 34-0

Fri Oct. 12 at Sequatchie Co. W 34-14

Fri Oct. 19 South Pittsburg R L 7-52

Fri Oct. 26 at Lookout Valley R L 14-20

Fri Nov. 2 Whitwell R W 32-12

Grace, South Pitt, and Lookout Valley are the 3 games they lost.

Geez, where do you Legends get your information.

Oliver Springs W 27-0

Fri Aug. 31 Riverside Christian W 61-0

Fri Sep. 7 at Grace Baptist Academy R L 35-48

Fri Sep. 21 at Copper Basin R W 55-20

Fri Sep. 28 Temple R W 35-6

Fri Oct. 5 David Brainerd R W 34-0

Fri Oct. 12 at Sequatchie Co. W 34-14

Fri Oct. 19 South Pittsburg R L 7-52

Fri Oct. 26 at Lookout Valley R L 14-20

Fri Nov. 2 Whitwell R W 32-12

Grace, South Pitt, and Lookout Valley are the 3 games they lost.

Opps /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> I was flipping between threads and was thinking about Grace. Grace lost to both Boyd and Bledsoe.

Walliser named Player of the Week

Sunday, November 04, 2007

"This is amazing. I can't even explain it," said Walliser, who has anchored Silverdale's defense all season. "We have worked so hard for these four years, but I always looked forward to my senior year. I always thought this would be the year we broke through." Walliser broke the 1,000-yard rushing mark for the season.

Great job Phillip and congratulations on your 1,000 yard year and Siverdales making the playoffs. Good luck on Friday Night. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />