Boyd at Smith County

bigreid

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This postman cat does sound like every other westmoreland fan I'v ever been around but he does have a point about the refs and smith county. I played smith county in the hole during my days at portland and i remember the game when we were cheated by the refs very well. They get some good cookin over there thats 4sure. Postman mentioned the billfole insident. I remember it well.

This postman cat does sound like every other westmoreland fan I'v ever been around but he does have a point about the refs and smith county. I played smith county in the hole during my days at portland and i remember the game when we were cheated by the refs very well. They get some good cookin over there thats 4sure. Postman mentioned the billfole insident. I remember it well.

Why thank you very much!!! We think our concession stand is a good one too!!!

Guest Termite

First I would like to say that I was dissapointed Friday night when all of the posters except Termite met before the game. I would have love to have met the old fellow. Or did I meet him and didnt realize it. As in Antwan and Termite are one in the same. Second of all, I am glad to see that Termite realized what a big play this was when Boyd was attempting this 3rd and 2 and a half play. It was a crucial point in the game when Boyd could have went up 10-0 in the second quarter I believe. Also, I dont think the train horn was an accident. Itjust so happened that it went off right when Boyd went to the line to attempt an important 3rd down conversion. Funny thing about the helicopter is the refs did stop play as it was taking off. Boyd ran second down play then the helicopter came back around and hovered over the field during the 3rd down try as the train whistle also went off at that point as well. Never the less, this was not the only big call the officials made. The penalty on Boyd after the long run that was made right after the SC turnover was huge as well. Like I said though, it looks like Termite knows how big this play was because he took so much time in explaining it. Homecooking assisted the SC team but that is expected in the playoffs right?

From what I read....not the 1st time you have been disapointed this year. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Shoot, I would have had to listen to how good you was in 95, how Westy is the fastest and strongest, how G-ville will beat us next year,and how G-ville got shafted by the IPF and "next year". I guess you could have told me how many different ways to prepare and cook the common crow /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> but I would have had to listen to your REFAPHOBIA too. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> What a whiner. You whine when you get beat, you whine when you win, you even whine you have no dog in the hunt. I see why you have a job riding around all day by yourself. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Did he get his wallet out and pay before the Westmoreland game earlier in the year because this game resembled that one as far as the officiating went. Every time Westmoreland done something good they were penalized for it. Much like the Boyd team was penalized everytime they had a good play in crucial points in the game. Seems suspicious to me. Even bigried says that SC should have been penalized or the down should have been replayed.

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Was their controversy in the Boyd and Smith County game? What went on to make everyone so irritated?

In a nutshell,

Our air horn went off right as Boyd's QB was under center.

Channel 5's helicopter was taking off and created some confusion. (ref's should've stopped the game until it left)

Boyd got flagged for an interference call, Even SC fans thought it was a bad call and just good coverage by Boyd's DB.

Exactly, everyone from SC has said that the false start penalty due to the horn AND helicopter flying, and the pass intereference call, was, in their opinion, the wrong calls. There were other bad calls throughout the game on both sides. But, aren't there always questionable calls? These two are more magnified because how many times does a helicopter AND a train horn cause a player to jump off sides. And the PI was pitiful. The fact of the matter is, Boyd Buchannan is so classy of a program that they don't blame SC or their program for the poor judgement of the officials. It was a hard fought game that both teams deserved to win. Just two people from Sumner County stirring the pot a little. One has ABSOLUTELY no clue, and could possibly be embarrasing to even his own peeps, and the other is probably one of the coaches on the staff that waved their wallets in the air after that got it handed to them. And yes, both seem to be very sore losers. Go Owls.