Greenbrier vs. McMinn Central

GreenbrierCat2

Pearl Cohen Macon and White House. Not impressed......

The Macon County game didn't even impress US. Pearl Cohn? Whatever you want to think. White House...? Yeah, well, who would be impressed with going up two scores early, as many interceptions in one game as the WH qb has had all season, or our defensive line against a smashmouth team like White House? /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> I think they were impressed and.... they would take McMinn CENTRAL to the woodshed.

You've already got your minds made up about us, but you know what? This region knows how we play, and our strength of schedules. It's all about comparing to apples to apples or records to record in this case...they look the same on the outside....but when you squeeze them, THEN you find out which one is soft.

Besides you're wrong about our record. We WERE 5-5 in season. Now we're ALL 0-0.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Macon County game didn't even impress US. Pearl Cohn? Whatever you want to think. White House...? Yeah, well, who would be impressed with going up two scores early, as many interceptions in one game as the WH qb has had all season, or our defensive line against a smashmouth team like White House? They were there and I think they were impressed and they would take McMinn CENTRAL to the woodshed.

You've already got your minds made up about us, but you know what? This region knows how we play, and our strength of schedules. It's all about comparing to apples to apples or records to record in this case...they look the same on the outside....but when you squeeze them, THEN you find out which one is soft.

Besides you're wrong about our record. We WERE 5-5 in season. Now we're ALL 0-0.

If the university of McMinn County is able to take GB to the woodshed then I will congratulate them.....What I see is a team who hasn't been there, hasn't done that. Doesn't mean they are a bad team at all, but who knows how they will react in a playoff game....

Good luck to Greenbrier from this Lipscomb fan. Greenbrier is well coached and plays with as much heart as anyone. This is not a typical 4th seeded team. Bring home the "W" and hopefully get that rematch with White House.

Thanks dlhs. It means a lot coming from DL. I look for you guys to be in the final mix, as always. Geez, that must get old having to go the 'Boro every stinkin' year /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Good luck to you guys too. Week 1 next year...it's time to come to the Brierpatch.../smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I'm pulling for our friends at Greenbriar.

Uh, oh....didn't you read our sign out front? We are GreenbriER High, not to be confused with Greenbriar cause we don't like them. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Sorry but I couldn't resist. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Thanks Bisonmom. Last year I was sitting with ya'll on Week 1. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Uh, oh....didn't you read our sign out front? We are GreenbriER High, not to be confused with Greenbriar cause we don't like them. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Sorry but I couldn't resist. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Thanks Bisonmom. Last year I was sitting with ya'll on Week 1. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Well if your going to worry about spelling because its a different school then I need to remind a previous writer, dandy82, that you are playing McMinn Central not McMinn County for the same reason as you stated above.

Does this mean your son will sitting on the bench for McMinn County next year instead of Polk County now that your a Cherokee fan? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You know what is really sad about this tired old routine of Yee Haw? His son would have gotten more playing time at Central than he has at Polk. His son is a great kid with a big heart and Central finds playing time whether it is special teams or something. Yee Haw needs to read Ward Gossett's story from sunday in the Chatt. Times to get a clue about parents involvement.

The Macon County game didn't even impress US. Pearl Cohn? Whatever you want to think. White House...? Yeah, well, who would be impressed with going up two scores early, as many interceptions in one game as the WH qb has had all season, or our defensive line against a smashmouth team like White House? /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> I think they were impressed and.... they would take McMinn CENTRAL to the woodshed.

Do you have speed? How are your DB's? Is your defense discipline?

These are all question that if you answer yes to you might be alright against McMinn CENTRAL, if no good Luck.

There are two high schools in McMinn County.

McMinn Central is the red-headed stepchild of McMinn county - The McMinn County Cherokees benefit from being in Athens (county seat)...

AND

those folks are still fighting the Battle of Athens (1947 or so), thus Etowah and Athens folks don't get along...

AND

Etowah and Englewood folks don't get along because of the consolidation of the Etowah/Englewood high schools in 1967 (or so).

AND

The current coach at Central has a "Win By Any Means" mentality - some day he and Central will get busted for it.

AND

I threw that last one in to tweak the old busted down warhorses who know but won't admit it because they want to win too.

Go Figure.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

yeehaw......ur pathetic and don't know a **** thing about what ur talking about...Mcminn Co. and Central are just rivals, as far as getting along, you know nothing about it...some of McMinn Co. fans have been to Central's games to support the Chargers!! and as far as Englewood and Etowah "folks" this is 2007, /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> you Polk Co. people are such sore losers you will resort to any means to down grade us!! As for Coach Derrick, jealous are ya? He has turned the football program around in a positive way........We are blessed to have him!! get outta the past will ya?

*******************************GO CHARGERS************************************