PEABODY @ WESTVIEW

freeacen

Sounds like Peabody was indeed out coached. Scott didn't know how to coach a game of this magnitude. In a normal game they would have probably kicked the pat, but since they have never been in that spot in a playoff game, they thought they should go balls out and make it easier for Westveiw to win. The players bailed them out. Congratulations to Peabody.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like Peabody was indeed out coached. Scott didn't know how to coach a game of this magnitude. In a normal game they would have probably kicked the pat, but since they have never been in that spot in a playoff game, they thought they should go balls out and make it easier for Westveiw to win. The players bailed them out. Congratulations to Peabody.

BulldawgDynasty. Keep up the good work. I will continue to pray for the Milan team this week. Also, thank you for a great season on Coacht. I have enjoyed your posts. God bless. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Your argument is mute...... by your way of thinking going for 2 was insanity! Peabody had also attempted two 2 point conversions that didn't work, thats why the fans went nuts. Its simple odds and sound football, any other coach would have kicked the extra point and let the defense win the game for you. Martin would have needed a TD to win, not a field goal. We all rember too well what happened at Milan in round two last year.

At any point it's over,the best team won, and we move on!

Peabody did not attempt a 2-point conversion until they missed the kick after TD #1. Then tried to kick on TD #3.

Finally, just gave it up. Strictly a coaching decision based on events that occurred.

You say, "any other coach would have kicked the extra point". Again, your assumption is that he would make it.

You can't assume they would have gone up by 3. He would have had to do something that he hadn't done all night.

Your point about the 2-point attempts being insane is well taken. There seemed to be no good options. So, his choices were to let the guy attempt the kick or let #7 and/or #8 try for 2. Hard to argue against 7 and 8.

Who will Westview return next year?

Westview returns several key players . JC "the bus" griggs returns at fullback and the guy is like my brother a great guy and great football player you gotta watch him if he don't truck you he has a deadly stiff arm. they return a solid defensive tackle in hunter scott . O line will now be lead by three juniors in Bradley hahn Bryce Hawks And matt Smith all of which played exceptional as sophmores look for them to do well throughout highschool. at the qb postion look for tanner spencer to step up and take over he shows great promise as a young qb. brain west and demarcus williams will be running the ball hard and fast so look out and joseph hicks will be running you down from middle linebacker and alex hazelwood and chris gardner will be catchin the ball. its a great group and they show alot of leadership so look for westview to be strong next year

charger pride charger pride charger pride

Your argument is mute...... by your way of thinking going for 2 was insanity! Peabody had also attempted two 2 point conversions that didn't work, thats why the fans went nuts. Its simple odds and sound football, any other coach would have kicked the extra point and let the defense win the game for you. Martin would have needed a TD to win, not a field goal. We all rember too well what happened at Milan in round two last year.

At any point it's over,the best team won, and we move on!

Since you are so smart on this subject I assume that you are a coach somewhere. Let us all know so we can come see a game that you coach in so we can get our coaches to learn from the best. Or better yet hav a clinic and some one instruction so you can teach them. I'm sure Coach Scott would love to attend and bring his assistants. Once we do this maybe we will undersandt the game well enough to start coaching the game or at least criticizing the ones that do. I've never heard Coach Scott criticize how someone does their job that he has nothing to do with. There have been other adjustments made to this team this year that have improved the defense, the offense, the morale of the players, and what about the "Call" at Humboldt. Wow, how some people forget so quickley. Let's rally around this team like I know Coach Scott does with his players. They understand when he is have a come to Jesus meeting with them that he is including himself in it. It is a famliy affair in that field house and he cares about those kids and wants to win as bad as anyone. He is a close personal friend of mine and he is up late watching tape and up early doing the same thing. He doisn't to tet those kids down by something get by because of something he could have avoided.