Anderson Co. vs Carter

qbsdad

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any thoughts on this match up.I don't think these 2 have ever played.

Carter and Anderson County used to be in the same Region so they have played each other

some. Don't know much about A/C this year but I do know Coach Kerr and his way of coaching.

He will have them ready to play and they will be big and strong. He will run until you stop him than he can throw.

For Carter to win they will have to stop the run and be able to cover the wide-out at the same time better than they

did last week. Carter will also have to throw the ball more this week.

I sure hope Region 2 don't mind if the teams for "little old weak Region 1" show up this week.

Lots of luck to all teams I hope no one gets hurt.

Not sure you know as much about the Dawgs as you think. I can maybe see the comparison to Works, but Halliday and Williamson? You are really reaching. Just take a look at their stats. The passing game doesn't even compare to BHS and 38 tackles to Williamson's 72 and according to WBIR, he has 10 sacks with the AC kid having 4. I might be wrong, but does Williamson even play TE? I know he has gone in a couple of times...he probably should. I am sure the AC is a strong kid and very talented, he is big, but I wouldn't say "he is better on both sides of the ball." Maybe get your facts straight before you make such strong statements, however, you are entitled to your opinion.

cc68.

Not sure either. Sharpe plays the run much better than Willaimson. Willaimson has approximately twice as many sacks though. He should with the defense that Bearden runs. Sharpe is a very good blocker @ 6-4 240 or so, and is much more athletic than meets the eye. Six TD or so on the year. Zeke Rogers does not thave the yards that Works has, but on a yards per carry basis, is right there. Now, Longmire has 1300 yds passing and only 3-4 picks which is perhaps better than Halladay. No? I like the AC Fullback, Coleman over Pemberton. Better blocker. Perhaps not as explosive, but does not lose his feet after impact like Brandon does. Better hands as well. In fact, I would take Coleman over Hammilton or Pemberton @ LB. Up front is where the difference between AC and Bearden really lies. Shankles, Goodrich, Moore, and Goulrty have played together for a long time, with most of them either starting or playing significant snaps since their Sophomore years. Those four are probably not as big, collectively as AC, but are very good technicians. They can all drive block pretty well, have the feet to pull for counters, and the speed to get out when the pocket needs to be moved.

My point cc68 is that AC has the core players from a talent perspective to line up an play Carter much the same way Bearden did. Now AC does not have a Sean Cunnigham or a Preston Rouse, or a Erin Gray that can come out of nowhere to impact a game. If AC gets out, and up early, they will give Carter a tough time. They are a streaky bunch.

Now, cc68, this is a message board, not the editorial section of the Wall Street Journal. Given that, I do not have a staff to "fact check" all my posts. Not that they do either. Further, if you feel that statements are too strong, don't read them in the future. Lastly, I will continue to express my opinions, with or without you recognizing that I am entiltled to do so.

ruse?

ruse?, I had a feeling that this would be a tough matchup for the guys in green. AC has always been a tough team to play, and Carter's record against them shows that(0-4). Keep in mind though, the last time they met was 1998, so the current regime in Straw Plains was not in power. The Mavs have played a gauntlet schedule, their only losses were to the big 3 in Region 2. They have not been afraid to put up points in their wins, 125 in the last 3 games is not half bad. If what you say about their quarterback is true, that he is a scrambler, then I can forsee problems for the Hornets. It is always tough to defend a quarterback that can ellude tacklers and sling the ball down field(see Sullivan South). Carter has been down and up this season...each of their losses was different. Using hindsight, Bearden was a pretty darn good team this year, winning 9 games and taking first in Region 1 5-A...and the Hornets were playing without a few key players. The South-Doyle loss is still slightly confusing, the Cherokees were better this year and you could blame early season jitters and a hangover from the Bearden game for that loss. The AE game was just a case of being scared into losing, or being intimidated, or whatever...AE must have used the same mojo Fulton has had the past few years, or they were just a much better team /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> . I see this one looking alot like the Livingston game a couple of years ago, should be a great one to see.

Carter beat Gibbs 14-7, Scott beat Gibbs 47-3, AC beat Scott 42-21. My question- did Carter just have an off night or are those two teams (Carter and Gibbs) fairly equal in talent? I havn't seen Carter play, so I'm just trying to get a feel for how good Carter is. AE beat Carter 41-0, AE beat AC 36-2. AC moved the ball but turned it over about 7 times, played their worst game of the season. Did Carter turn the ball over against AE?

I just think Anderson County is a better football team than Carter. I haven't seen Carter play, but beating Gibbs 14-7, Rutledge 35-32, and losing to AE 41-0 tells me all I need to know. Anderson County has been inconsistent at times this season, losing handily to both Fulton and AE, but have played really well at times, giving Catholic all they wanted. In the playoffs, you just never know, but if AC plays well and doesn't turn the ball over, then they will beat Carter by at least 2 touchdowns. If they turn the ball over like at AE and the Hornets give their best effort, then Carter could get out with the win, but not likely.

Mavericks by 12

Carter beat Gibbs 14-7, Scott beat Gibbs 47-3, AC beat Scott 42-21. My question- did Carter just have an off night or are those two teams (Carter and Gibbs) fairly equal in talent? I havn't seen Carter play, so I'm just trying to get a feel for how good Carter is. AE beat Carter 41-0, AE beat AC 36-2. AC moved the ball but turned it over about 7 times, played their worst game of the season. Did Carter turn the ball over against AE?

Oskie-

I was at the Carter and Gibbs game and it wasn't pretty. Gibbs came out to play and played practically a flawless game against the Hornets, while the hornets on the other hand came out and played their worst game of the season. IMO Carter is a much much better team than Gibbs, but they didn't show it that night. I believe Carter is going to get hurt by AC running game. Take Rutledge, Bearden, and South Doyle for example. I felt that whenever those teams needed a big play on the Hornets they found it on the ground. However, I believe Carter will be able to throw the ball pretty effectively. From what I've heard, one of AC corners is only about 5'11"-5'12" (Correct me if im wrong). Therefore, that lack of size on the one position might be exploitable. I think this is going to be a close game with the hornets winning on a fourth quarter drive. Hope its a good game that the fans can get their money's worth from.