David Libscomb 10-7 (5-2) next game at East Lit

Hume Fogg 9-6(3-4) next game at Martin Luther King

Pearl Cohn 5-8(3-4) next game at CPA

East Lit 7-10(2-5) next game vs David Libscomb

Martin Luther King 3-10(2-5) next game vs Hume Fogg

Ezell Harding 2-15(0-7) next game vs CPA

FRIDAY NIGHT GAME WATCH PEARL-COHN AT CPA

LAST MEETING CPA WON 51 TO 39

Ezell's next game is against FRA not CPA.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CPA plays 6 of last 8 games at home, including FRA. They have played the hardest part of their schedule already. FRA still has to play CPA on the road and Lipscomb home/away. They lose one and CPA is pretty much a lock as District champs (could even slip up one game and still win the district with only one loss).

Don't see CPA losing before the end of the year unless thay have an injury to Z or Miller, or Z gets in early foul trouble in a close game.

One thing for sure - Miller and Mason are playing like All-State players this year.

CPA plays 6 of last 8 games at home, including FRA. They have played the hardest part of their schedule already. FRA still has to play CPA on the road and Lipscomb home/away. They lose one and CPA is pretty much a lock as District champs (could even slip up one game and still win the district with only one loss).

Don't see CPA losing before the end of the year unless thay have an injury to Z or Miller, or Z gets in early foul trouble in a close game.

One thing for sure - Miller and Mason are playing like All-State players this year.

It will be interesting to see if anyone can stop them now. With so many home games ahead, it will be tough. They can't get too cocky though...they need to keep their heads straight and just play like they did last night. WOW!!! WHAT A GAME!!!

They are playing well, I just wish Z had some competition this year. It would have been nice to see Z go up against the MLK post player two years ago who went to King college as a freshman when Coach Pitts went up there from BA and I think was freshman of the year in that conference. I don't know if he is still at King or not. In fact it would have been nice to see that MLK team, when Robinson was a junior, play this CPA team. Z has no rival in this district, no one who is even close. At least Miller and Anderson get some competition on the perimeter.

One of the reasons CPA shouldn't lose this year (outside of the fact that coaches are not making any adjustments, just try to play their style against CPA's talent which is not going to work) is if everyone is honest this district as a whole is way down this year compared to recent years. This has helped CPA elevate to the top. Ezell and FRA don't have near as good as teams when they were 1A. Hume Fogg may be better than it was last year, but not near as good as it was two years ago. East Lit lost a ton of players off last year's team. Lipscomb has lost Pickens as a coach and some good players over the last two years. MLK is down as well. Pearl has been the steadiest, but without the 6'8" Mason kid, can't match up with Z in the post. These things go in cycles and CPA is getting the benefit.

They are playing well, I just wish Z had some competition this year. It would have been nice to see Z go up against the MLK post player two years ago who went to King college as a freshman when Coach Pitts went up there from BA and I think was freshman of the year in that conference. I don't know if he is still at King or not. In fact it would have been nice to see that MLK team, when Robinson was a junior, play this CPA team. Z has no rival in this district, no one who is even close. At least Miller and Anderson get some competition on the perimeter.

One of the reasons CPA shouldn't lose this year (outside of the fact that coaches are not making any adjustments, just try to play their style against CPA's talent which is not going to work) is if everyone is honest this district as a whole is way down this year compared to recent years. This has helped CPA elevate to the top. Ezell and FRA don't have near as good as teams when they were 1A. Hume Fogg may be better than it was last year, but not near as good as it was two years ago. East Lit lost a ton of players off last year's team. Lipscomb has lost Pickens as a coach and some good players over the last two years. MLK is down as well. Pearl has been the steadiest, but without the 6'8" Mason kid, can't match up with Z in the post. These things go in cycles and CPA is getting the benefit.

Don't disagree that overall, District 9 is down a bit talentwise apart from CPA. However, CPA has proved in their games outside the district and state they are not just a beneficiary of poor competiton. They have played some tough out-of-district competition and beat all of their in-state opponents, as well as competing well against high rated schools in upper divisions in Ky. and Ga..

IMO, they are a top team, regardless of division, in Middle Tennessee. They will meet some really tough competition in the Sub-State and state if they get there (west Tn. 2A is tough), but they have a shot to win the state if they avoid injuries and play well.

Depth continues to be a concern, but they still keep winning even with some injuries.

One last thing, about 80% of their scoring comes from underclassmen, so this team will be great next year.

Don't disagree that overall, District 9 is down a bit talentwise apart from CPA. However, CPA has proved in their games outside the district and state they are not just a beneficiary of poor competiton. They have played some tough out-of-district competition and beat all of their in-state opponents, as well as competing well against high rated schools in upper divisions in Ky. and Ga..

IMO, they are a top team, regardless of division, in Middle Tennessee. They will meet some really tough competition in the Sub-State and state if they get there (west Tn. 2A is tough), but they have a shot to win the state if they avoid injuries and play well.

Depth continues to be a concern, but they still keep winning even with some injuries.

One last thing, about 80% of their scoring comes from underclassmen, so this team will be great next year.

IMO district 9 is not down a little bit, but way down compared to only two and three years ago when it comes to overall strength from top to bottom. If CPA didn't have Z the district would be a real dog fight between a number of solid teams. Z makes the difference. When you can put the biggest, strongest, best athlete on the floor it is huge. You can't match up with him so he makes everybody better. As good as they are it appears that Anderson and Miller can still be contained (not necessarily stopped) by the smart, athletic perimeter defender, but with so much focus put on Z, it helps them out greatly. CPA's perimter defense is not that strong, but both Z's size and athleticism and Anderson's ability to position himself for charges makes it hard for any team to get to the basket. Z also takes care of the defensive rebounding and requires so much attention on the offensive end that other players can sneak in for the offensive putbacks. Take one player off of any team in district 9 and it wouldn't make the difference that taking Z away from CPA makes. My guess from watching A and AA in the midstate for several years, one would have to go back a ways to find a player in those classifications with the total package that Z has, he is one of those naturally gifted players that don't come along that often. As long as its Z and Miller who stay healthy, CPA can sustain some injuries and still be a top team. A healthy Anderson makes it that much easier since he adds important intangibles.

Scores of January 18, 2008

CPA 45, Pearl-Cohn 32

Hume Fogg 47, Martin Luther King 41

David Libscomb 58, East Lit 51

FRA 65, Ezell Harding 31

Standings as of January 19, 2008

CPA 18-3(8-0) next at Martin Luther King

FRA 15-9(7-1) next game vs David Libscomb

David Libscomb 11-7(6-2) next game at FRA

Hume Fogg 10-6(4-4) next game vs Pearl-Cohn

Pearl-Cohn 5-9(3-5) next game at Hume Fogg

East Lit 7-11(2-6) next game vs Ezell Harding

Martin Luther King 3-11(2-6) next gane vs CPA

Ezell Harding 2-14(0-8) next game at East Lit

Tuesday night game watch David Libscomb at FRA

Scores of January 18, 2008

CPA 45, Pearl-Cohn 32

Hume Fogg 47, Martin Luther King 41

David Libscomb 58, East Lit 51

FRA 65, Ezell Harding 31

Standings as of January 19, 2008

CPA 18-3(8-0) next at Martin Luther King

FRA 15-9(7-1) next game vs David Libscomb

David Libscomb 11-7(6-2) next game at FRA

Hume Fogg 10-6(4-4) next game vs Pearl-Cohn

Pearl-Cohn 5-9(3-5) next game at Hume Fogg

East Lit 7-11(2-6) next game vs Ezell Harding

Martin Luther King 3-11(2-6) next gane vs CPA

Ezell Harding 2-14(0-8) next game at East Lit

Tuesday night game watch David Libscomb at FRA

It's gonna be a big week for 9AA. I wish I could be at that DL vs. FRA game! It's gonna be HUGE!

Scores and Standings on January 22, 2008

CPA 68, Martin Luther King 42

FRA 39, David Libscomb 35

Pearl-Cohn 66, Hume Fogg 62

Ezell Harding at East Lit

Standings

CPA 19-3(9-0) next game vs FRA

FRA 16-9(8-1) next game at CPA

David Libscomb 11-8(6-3) next game at Martin Luther King

Pearl-Cohn 6-9(4-5) next game at Ezell Harding

Hume Fogg 10-7(4-5) next game vs East Lit

East Lit 8-11(3-6) next game at Hume Fogg

Martin Luther King 3-11(2-7) next game vs David Libscomb

Ezell Harding 2-15(0-9) next game vs Pearl-Cohn

FRIDAY NIGHT GAME WATCH:FRA AT CPA

So what is everyone's official guess for the CPA-FRA game tonight? Anyone going?

I'll be there! I think it will be a hard fought game by both teams. If Kennedy's on fire and Miller too, then your probably gonna see an overtime or two. But I think at the end of it all, CPA will prevail, but I am slightly bias.