9AA

CoachF

They're the only team to make it to Section last year, and they returned a lot of their players. They can go far. I see one of these teams from 9AA being represented in March.

...and to Mr. Claybrook, you might want to make your username less obvious before talking trash on these forums.

I think it is pretty obvious which team that will be...

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CPA needs to stay focused and take one game at a time, that is how they have a shot at making it to Murfreesboro. At this point you really can not afford to overlook any team on any given night. This is high school basketball and anything is possible. Ask the boys from Union last year who went into the region undefeated, with an average win margin of over 20 points. They got upet in the Regional Semi-Finals by a team that they had destroyed twice during the year. Season over!!!!!!

Just look at the CPA girls team. Just a few weeks ago they were blown out by Ezell by over 30 points, and then turn around and beat them this week.

Know this, you do not have to be the best team through out the season to advance, sometimes you just have to be the best team that night.

CPA needs to stay focused and take one game at a time, that is how they have a shot at making it to Murfreesboro. At this point you really can not afford to overlook any team on any given night. This is high school basketball and anything is possible. Ask the boys from Union last year who went into the region undefeated, with an average win margin of over 20 points. They got upet in the Regional Semi-Finals by a team that they had destroyed twice during the year. Season over!!!!!!

Just look at the CPA girls team. Just a few weeks ago they were blown out by Ezell by over 30 points, and then turn around and beat them this week.

Know this, you do not have to be the best team through out the season to advance, sometimes you just have to be the best team that night.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Dude Ezell girls didn't have McAlister. That would make a difference. You'll see in the tournament.

CPA lacks depth which could hurt them later on and tournament time begins, they have been fortunate to have not been bitten by the injury bug too badly this season.

And with the powerhouse from last year, Liberty Tech, gone... there are many, many AA teams that feel like the golden ball can and will be theirs.

CPA lacks depth which could hurt them later on and tournament time begins, they have been fortunate to have not been bitten by the injury bug too badly this season.

And with the powerhouse from last year, Liberty Tech, gone... there are many, many AA teams that feel like the golden ball can and will be theirs.

I think at the beginning of the season you would have been more right about the depth comment...but now, their bench is showing their much better than before. As far as the injury bug...they have had their fair share of injuries. Anderson's legs, Reeves' shoulder, and other minor things have left them without a few here and there. Obviously nothing enormous but still...2 starters have sat due to injury and illness. Everyone needs to quit making excuses for the reasons they won't go and start encouraging the program some!

If they stay focused, which I think they will...Maddux will make sure of it, then prepare to wear your purple and gold on March 15th!

I think at the beginning of the season you would have been more right about the depth comment...but now, their bench is showing their much better than before. As far as the injury bug...they have had their fair share of injuries. Anderson's legs, Reeves' shoulder, and other minor things have left them without a few here and there. Obviously nothing enormous but still...2 starters have sat due to injury and illness. Everyone needs to quit making excuses for the reasons they won't go and start encouraging the program some!

If they stay focused, which I think they will...Maddux will make sure of it, then prepare to wear your purple and gold on March 15th!

Is there a coach that has his name appear on these boards more than Maddux? It is like someone is handing out $10 bills everytime his name is mentioned. He's a very good coach, but there are so many others - Lipscomb, FRA, Hume Fogg, MLK on and on in this district and others. It is amazing that one school has become more recognized for their coach than the quality of their kids and school.

I am guessing that Coach Maddux ($10 please) will agree that the players are the stars. He'd be the first to give them the credit. I am sure he is flattered, but when the worm turns at CPA (and like all mid-small privates it will) I am wondering what all the Drew birds will have to write about.

Congrats to CPA on their success. They will be fun to follow in the next month.

Is there a coach that has his name appear on these boards more than Maddux? It is like someone is handing out $10 bills everytime his name is mentioned. He's a very good coach, but there are so many others - Lipscomb, FRA, Hume Fogg, MLK on and on in this district and others. It is amazing that one school has become more recognized for their coach than the quality of their kids and school.

I am guessing that Coach Maddux ($10 please) will agree that the players are the stars. He'd be the first to give them the credit. I am sure he is flattered, but when the worm turns at CPA (and like all mid-small privates it will) I am wondering what all the Drew birds will have to write about.

Congrats to CPA on their success. They will be fun to follow in the next month.

I don't mention Maddux to take away from our players AT ALL. He is a great coach when it comes to basketball but the reason I respect and like him so much is because of what he has done for the players off the court. He and the rest of the coaches currently at CPA have brought out a new spirit and a sense of pride in these boys. It's amazing to see how much they've grown in the last two years and there is a reason they have...people like Coach Maddux and Coach Moore are investing in them and loving them.