Morristown East at Sullivan South

SSFan

East turned in their gear after week 13 last year. You calling someone an idiot is hilarious.

I guess they missed the round ball too much this year, because I'm pretty sure they are turning in their gear after week 11 this time. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

East turned in their gear after week 13 last year. You calling someone an idiot is hilarious.

I'm sorry I wasn't clear. You guys handed it over after week 11 this year just like I did week 11 last year. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> dedicated to canefan72

That's the dumbest thing I've heard in a while.

Anyone with a little common sense knows that MoEast proved themselves a contender. Congrats to South on another amazing comeback. Congrats to MoEast on turning a struggle of a season into something pretty positive.

I can't wait for next week...............

My post wasn't really about South. It was about M-E. They should have won the last two City Championships. Why can't they break through?

I saw them do that to, then i saw the coach rip them a new one, /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The standard MO for teams that lose or want to complain. Blame the flag, blame the refs, blame someone else. I saw this yesterday in the highlights from the Ohio State loss. After the game there was a scuffle at midfield over the "O". My message to OSU - win the darn game. My message to G'ville - if some loser student from South who couldn't find the football field wants to act like an idiot, let him.

As far as the PC issues, the School Boards will decide those. Tennessee is not a PC state and I don't see anything changing soon. By the way, you could have named the South team the Zips and they would be in the same place the last three years.

The standard MO for teams that lose or want to complain. Blame the flag, blame the refs, blame someone else. I saw this yesterday in the highlights from the Ohio State loss. After the game there was a scuffle at midfield over the "O". My message to OSU - win the darn game. My message to G'ville - if some loser student from South who couldn't find the football field wants to act like an idiot, let him.

As far as the PC issues, the School Boards will decide those. Tennessee is not a PC state and I don't see anything changing soon. By the way, you could have named the South team the Zips and they would be in the same place the last three years.

That is so true, but someone is sure to argue.

Good to hear from you pudding. I'll respond to the highlights in red in numerical order.

1. Sorry we did not impress. Them Bristol boys had us abainst the ropes for a while.

2. Sure enough...and he is a Junior I believe.

3. My thoughts exactly. Who will show up.

4. Ditto. Greenville is very good but the Vikings will burn their house down and take their women.

5. Exactly. Beedle doesn't get any press but he is an animal. He has been blowing holes open for Fletcher since the 5th grade.

6. That was Fletchers fault. He sacked Baker for a 3 yd. loss on the first play and then he gets embarrassed. He won't stay at home. Otherwise he wreaks havoc on D.

7. #44 is out of position. He needs to be back at MLB.

8. Curt feeds on the negative press. It just fires him up. Each game he looks for the biggest baddest defensive player they have and goes after him like a heat seeking missle. Kind of like if he can master their best then the rest ain't nothin'. He ain't scared.

I knew Stubbs would not punt. His is just that kind of guy. You gotta' admire the guts. If we had run the ball more then it would have been a differet game.

The '08 Rebels will have 3 awsome RB's. Not to mention the QB's and WR's. It will be interesting to see what Quarterback High School will do with all the weapons they will have.

Time to suit up and get ready. Enjoy the game...I already have a warm feeling. I guess I'm going to need it!

I've been watching these posts for some time now but have just now decided to become an active participator........so be kind /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Comp.......I understand your comment about #44 being place at MLB was made prior to the East game, but I was wondering where would you play #33?? He had at least 10 tackles on Friday night and was in on several more, two of those tackles causing fumbles. By the way, I'm not related to #33.

Cap....... I know you read these treads.........Congrats on a great year! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Canes24.......Seeya.

I've been watching these posts for some time now but have just now decided to become an active participator........so be kind /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Comp.......I understand your comment about #44 being place at MLB was made prior to the East game, but I was wondering where would you play #33?? He had at least 10 tackles on Friday night and was in on several more, two of those tackles causing fumbles. By the way, I'm not related to #33.

Cap....... I know you read these treads.........Congrats on a great year! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Canes24.......Seeya.

I have all the respect in the world for #33 and his family. He is a real competitor and will play at the next level. He makes the majority of tackles on D and many are at scrimmage or behind...BUT most are after a 5-7 yrd gain. He is a Soph and is doing great at MLB. However, #44 is the default MLB on this squad and is out of position for a reason and I understand the reason and don't disagree with it. #44 views the field much better and reads the play with precision. Our D would be much more stingy with him at MLB. I would put #33 at strong side LB. I would also take #15 from strong side LB and put him at DOG or Rover or whatever position would allow him to be uncommitted. These simple changes in my opinion would eliminate the "BIG" plays.

I have all the respect in the world for #33 and his family. He is a real competitor and will play at the next level. He makes the majority of tackles on D and many are at scrimmage or behind...BUT most are after a 5-7 yrd gain. He is a Soph and is doing great at MLB. However, #44 is the default MLB on this squad and is out of position for a reason and I understand the reason and don't disagree with it. #44 views the field much better and reads the play with precision. Our D would be much more stingy with him at MLB. I would put #33 at strong side LB. I would also take #15 from strong side LB and put him at DOG or Rover or whatever position would allow him to be uncommitted. These simple changes in my opinion would eliminate the "BIG" plays.

I do not have a son on the team, but have been coming to most of the games. I am very impressed with the youth on this team, and Seniors, as well.

I would guess that #44 is at DE in order to Sure-Up that position.

Defensive End is a very important position and he is doing a great job

there. Don't know why #50 is not playing more DE, he is quick and

seems to give the Def. a shot in the arm when he comes in (doing great at center, as well). If you put #44 at MLB, and move #33 to Strong LB,

as you suggest, --would you leave #5 at the other LB??? Seems that

the 2 sophomores are getting more than their fair share of tackles--MORE than their FAIR SHARE!!!!!!!!!! Speaking of #15, where on the field would you put him to allow him to be uncommitted. I am not aware of a postion that doesn't have reads and responsibilities. It appears that he is often, as OLB, out of position and does not cover the pass well.

As far as #33, have you been watching the same games as I have. He is all over the field, from sideline to sideline, making tackles and causing fumbles and even when he's not the first tackler, he is hanging on at the bottom of piles. Wonder why South does not use more of the 5 man front against the predominant running teams?? I keep hearing people in the stands asking the same question!!! I may not know everything

about football, but some things just seem apparent to me. South

Coaches are doing a great job--and I am not trying to question their judgment, just a casual observer here, asking silly questions----------- /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Hey Comp,

I thought all along you were just an offensive coach.

Congrats to the Rebs. They played a great three quarters, just very shaky in the first quarter. I was really impressed with #15. His motor never stops running, and he had several great runs. I think Stacy definitely took what they were giving him, and Taylor did the rest. The extra effort spin-move on the short td got everyone excited. After such a lackluster first quarter, I was also impressed with Haynie's changes in the defense. Acero sure was a spark plug coming up on run support. Best of luck this week Rebs!

Hey Comp,

I thought all along you were just an offensive coach.

Congrats to the Rebs. They played a great three quarters, just very shaky in the first quarter. I was really impressed with #15. His motor never stops running, and he had several great runs. I think Stacy definitely took what they were giving him, and Taylor did the rest. The extra effort spin-move on the short td got everyone excited. After such a lackluster first quarter, I was also impressed with Haynie's changes in the defense. Acero sure was a spark plug coming up on run support. Best of luck this week Rebs!

It's funny, I just stated to the cronies after the game Friday night that I am not that attuned to defense when asked what I would do differently. Offensive coach...Ha...OK...but I have been trying to calm down a bit lately. IMO we should stay in the 3/4 no matter what. The 5 man front seems to get us in trouble.

I also feel Haynie is head coach material. Stacy is doing great so not trying to say anything there just that I have come to respect his (Haynies) decision making ability.

As far as offensive coach is concerned I do have opinions and I don't think my opinions are any different than anyone elses in the stands. They all have been screaming for #15 to get the ball more. And now they won't be staisfied until he is running like that in every game. However, I must take it a step further and by the way it is in no way a smoke screen as Cap alluded to much earlier in the season and in addition I fully well believe he is on the same page as I as pertaining to the offense after the SSHS/THS game, and say that #44 needs to be a regular offensive performer as well as #35. I feel there is room for all to have great games along side Curt on the same Friday night. In fact I feel it to be essential in order for the Rebels to advance further! All 4 of these athletes have a speciality they bring to the O game. Collins runs the backside screen like no other. And Shanks is a tremendous diversion to #15 to opposing D's. And I'm sorry but #44 is a solid 5 yrds 24/7. I sincerely feel we have the most balanced offense we will ever have in the history of the school and we must use it as such to succeed. I mean we have the best WR's in NET they just need to learn to deal with the double team. Easy to say...another thing to do. So when you say that you thought that I was just an O coach it doesn't bother me because the things I'm saying are being echoed throughout the stadium. I've said it before early in the season but from a coaches point of view it is much easier to deal with 1 or 2 weapons instead of 7 or 8. We will take all we can get right?!

It's funny, I just stated to the cronies after the game Friday night that I am not that attuned to defense when asked what I would do differently. Offensive coach...Ha...OK...but I have been trying to calm down a bit lately. IMO we should stay in the 3/4 no matter what. The 5 man front seems to get us in trouble.

I also feel Haynie is head coach material. Stacy is doing great so not trying to say anything there just that I have come to respect his (Haynies) decision making ability.

As far as offensive coach is concerned I do have opinions and I don't think my opinions are any different than anyone elses in the stands. They all have been screaming for #15 to get the ball more. And now they won't be staisfied until he is running like that in every game. However, I must take it a step further and by the way it is in no way a smoke screen as Cap alluded to much earlier in the season and in addition I fully well believe he is on the same page as I as pertaining to the offense after the SSHS/THS game, and say that #44 needs to be a regular offensive performer as well as #35. I feel there is room for all to have great games along side Curt on the same Friday night. In fact I feel it to be essential in order for the Rebels to advance further! All 4 of these athletes have a speciality they bring to the O game. Collins runs the backside screen like no other. And Shanks is a tremendous diversion to #15 to opposing D's. And I'm sorry but #44 is a solid 5 yrds 24/7. I sincerely feel we have the most balanced offense we will ever have in the history of the school and we must use it as such to succeed. I mean we have the best WR's in NET they just need to learn to deal with the double team. Easy to say...another thing to do. So when you say that you thought that I was just an O coach it doesn't bother me because the things I'm saying are being echoed throughout the stadium. I've said it before early in the season but from a coaches point of view it is much easier to deal with 1 or 2 weapons instead of 7 or 8. We will take all we can get right?!

What would you think of Ty at FB Comp? I know he's solid at TE, but I enjoyed watching him at FB in the past.