Morristown East at Sullivan South

SSFan

it appears that South has grown up a bit this year. Their sophomore class has stepped in and taken over for last years seniors in a way that only their parents and the coaching staff could have anticipated. I know that I never thought they could be as good as they are. My bad. With the returning classes they have made this years South team pretty big, strong, and fast as well. All of us in Sullivan county know what South has. Can someone tell me what East has this year. I remember a big brusing running back they had last year. Is he back? Who are their skill people? Their roster shows their line to be big, but are they experienced? I noticed a 230# QB on the roster. Is he the starter? What sort of offense do they run? South's only weakness so far this year has been stopping the run at the corner. Thats how Greenville beat them and that pitch to the outside corner is how TH got much of their yardage. Any information from you Mo East fans would be appreciated.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morristown East is extremely big, fast, and athletic on defense. They are very physical and very well coached. They are Catholic were the 2 best defenses we (Mo. West) played this year IMHO. On offense they have a lot of speed and and a tough, inside runner at fullback (#26 Hodge). I expect East to have a very good chance to win this game.

it appears that South has grown up a bit this year. Their sophomore class has stepped in and taken over for last years seniors in a way that only their parents and the coaching staff could have anticipated. I know that I never thought they could be as good as they are. My bad. With the returning classes they have made this years South team pretty big, strong, and fast as well. All of us in Sullivan county know what South has. Can someone tell me what East has this year. I remember a big brusing running back they had last year. Is he back? Who are their skill people? Their roster shows their line to be big, but are they experienced? I noticed a 230# QB on the roster. Is he the starter? What sort of offense do they run? South's only weakness so far this year has been stopping the run at the corner. Thats how Greenville beat them and that pitch to the outside corner is how TH got much of their yardage. Any information from you Mo East fans would be appreciated.

The running back that u are talking about was Jimmy Mosier no he graduated. but there fullback is just about as good as him. this could be a good game if east contains phillips like they did in last years 2nd round game.

I am going to go with South by 10. Playoffs are here, everyone is 0-0 and the end of your season is on the line. Give it all you got and leave it all on the field. I think South's offense is better than it was last year, and the defense has stepped it up despite a lot of people saying there not that good. They have bucked up and are a lot better than people give them credit for. Good luck to both sides, and I will be cheering for my Rebs!!! Gut check time fellas, play like there is no tomorrow!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Gonna be a good one!!!

Its time for The MLC to out what the 5 rivers confernce is made of. Im going with the Canes.

A close game but i think that Mr. Phillips want be enough to put the canes defense away.

Stop Phillips Canes win, can't stop him South wins /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />