7A

7asuperfan

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll agree with upway2early. Pickett should be on top here. Whos gonna battle for second? My guess would be Clarkrange and Clay County.

Ya'll must have lost your minds! Pickett lost their BEST player in Brett Roddy last year and they aint got anyone to replace him. There incoming freshman class wasn't very good at all the past 3 years. They have 4 players and thats it! they don't have any bench at all. Clay County WILL win this district with the addition of Ethan Birdwell to an already stacked team! Pickett won't even finish second, that will either be Jackson or Clarkrange. Well ok they might finish second or tied but they won't win it no depth at all.

1st Clay Co. Dawgs Depth at every position with a solid bench and the best coach in Rob E.

2nd I see this as a 3 way dog fight and here's why

Pickett Co. returns 4 starters that can all play but they have no depth at all. There 5th guy cant even shoot it and their top 2 reserves quit the team and they have no bench. Their freshman class were pitiful as 8th graders the last 2 years

Clarkrange lost alot in Snow and the other guy but they still have that one tall dude who can shoot lites out and come tourney time they always seem to be playin their best ball

Jackson Co. lost all of there big guys but i think they have 4 or 5 seniors this year that played a bunch last year and that red headed kid will be a tough matchup for anyone he can jump out of the gym. They also had the best freshman class in the district with a former bulldawgs brother on there. Jordan we love ya boy come on over here like your big brother did and wear the black and gold!!!!

As for the rest, well RBS is just going to be plum pitiful this year. They aint got no one and its going to be bad when the black an gold come to town!!! We aint forgot what happened up there 3 years ago and pay backs a comin in spades!!!!!

Monterey is gonna be Monterey. middle of the pack thats about it with no hope for the future unless you're talking baseball or football!

Ya'll must have lost your minds! Pickett lost their BEST player in Brett Roddy last year and they aint got anyone to replace him. There incoming freshman class wasn't very good at all the past 3 years. They have 4 players and thats it! they don't have any bench at all. Clay County WILL win this district with the addition of Ethan Birdwell to an already stacked team! Pickett won't even finish second, that will either be Jackson or Clarkrange. Well ok they might finish second or tied but they won't win it no depth at all.

1st Clay Co. Dawgs Depth at every position with a solid bench and the best coach in Rob E.

2nd I see this as a 3 way dog fight and here's why

Pickett Co. returns 4 starters that can all play but they have no depth at all. There 5th guy cant even shoot it and their top 2 reserves quit the team and they have no bench. Their freshman class were pitiful as 8th graders the last 2 years

Clarkrange lost alot in Snow and the other guy but they still have that one tall dude who can shoot lites out and come tourney time they always seem to be playin their best ball

Jackson Co. lost all of there big guys but i think they have 4 or 5 seniors this year that played a bunch last year and that red headed kid will be a tough matchup for anyone he can jump out of the gym. They also had the best freshman class in the district with a former bulldawgs brother on there. Jordan we love ya boy come on over here like your big brother did and wear the black and gold!!!!

As for the rest, well RBS is just going to be plum pitiful this year. They aint got no one and its going to be bad when the black an gold come to town!!! We aint forgot what happened up there 3 years ago and pay backs a comin in spades!!!!!

Monterey is gonna be Monterey. middle of the pack thats about it with no hope for the future unless you're talking baseball or football!

This is obviously a kid on here. Pickett went to a camp down in Chattanooga this year, and won every game I believe. They will be tough. Roddy was good, and will be greatly missed. but they will still be very good and in my opinion are the team to beat. But Clay Co. will be very tough this year as well. It will be a good battle in that district for 1st.

Coach Edwards is a good coach, i dunno what happened 3 years ago but i doubt he will go and run up the score if thats what you have in mind. And don't say someone is plain pitiful. RBS is young, but they will improve alot over this year and in a couple years will be tough.

You need to learn not to bash people or other teams so much... I think someone is a little biased, or just a Pickett County fan acting as a Clay Countian tryn to motivate some people. lol If i am not mistaken I think one of Pickett's ok players dropped 40 on your bulldogs last year, only getting outscored by their whole team by 6 points I believe. So if he's just ok, what do you think is good?

I was just askin the other day when someone as going to get on here and make a fool of themsleves saying that this district is going to be dominated by Pickett.. I think everyone knows that any of the top 4 or 5 teams in this district is capable of being beat on any night 1 through 5..

Given that Pickett has been at or near the top and returning 4 of last years region runner-up team they will be the team to beat..

Clay improved tremendously last year and I said from day one that they would be a solid team by the end of the year.. But they are not going to win the district i'm sorry.. They have the talent and the coach don't get me wrong but they just don't seem to win the big games.. Birdwell won't turn Clay into a championship team .. He is good probably one of the best in district but i just can't see him doing that much this year with the team Clay has.

I still think that everyone is counting Jackson Co. out way to soon.. Remember this is the team that ran the district regular season last year and had 10 or 11 or even 12 players putting points on the board every night. Last time I checked you only need 5 to play so thats some depth i'm pretty sure.. They still have a few big time players and will be a very competitive team this year..

Clarkrange well everyone usually counts them out too but Upchurch is a baller.. I don't think one man can carry a team through the whole season though.. He doesn't have snow to clean up the boards for him this year so i'm sure they will in the top 4 but probably 3 or 4

Picket Co is the team to beat in the district this year, they are the most experienced of the teams in the districts and will make a run of things beyond the district, Clay Co will be pretty good too. They get Ethan Birdwell from Hermitage Springs and he will make that team a lot better and JC tough as well and JC and Clay should split in my eyes, then there's Clarkrange who you can never count out because they always make some sort of run at it and gives teams problems. RBS won't be pittiful! They lost all there starters from last year, and will be a very young team who will give a few teams problems, but just wait on them RBS boys they'll be good, if anyone saw RBS's jr high team last year knows what i'm talking about /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />...Don't know much about Monterey but expect them somewheres toward the bottom.

Ya'll say what you want but Pickett aint winning the district. They will NOT beat Clay Co. at Clay Co. you can forget that it aint happenin. Once you get them into foul trouble its over. Ya'll wait an see what i'm sayin. GO DAWGS!!!

We will see. I say PC will win the district and will beat Clay at Clay. But Clay will finish 2nd in the district I believe. Good luck to all until you get to regionals! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Swanson I know what your talkin about. RBS jr. high team was good last year, and I saw all those same boys playing alot at camp this summer and seemed to know what was going on just the only difference was freshman athletic ability against junior and senior athletic ability. They will be good in a couple years. Could upset someone this year if they go in over confident.

Ya'll say what you want but Pickett aint winning the district. They will NOT beat Clay Co. at Clay Co. you can forget that it aint happenin. Once you get them into foul trouble its over. Ya'll wait an see what i'm sayin. GO DAWGS!!!

And you people say that PC fans are crazy /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ......Roddy was a big chog in the PC wheel last year, but lets be honest, Jacob Wright makes that wheel turn.....the kid is finally gonna get the Mvp he has deserved. As far as their 5th starter not scoring......he is totally a defensive player, but he can knock down a shot when he's in there....I think he fits bibb's run and gun system. As far as the bench, its small and not a whole lot of experience. Jacob Brown has a good shot, Jo Dowdy and Sam Cummings have had another year under Bibb, they fit that run and gun/press style really good....Size is gonna be what kills this team, after TC the next tallest kid is 6'3" freshman Heath Elder, and I doubt he sees any big mins. I think PC has their best freshman class coming in since this years senior class were freshman, but they won't see much time. PC wins the district, probably goes undefeated....but I'll say that the two JC and the two CC games are gonna be close, and gonna be amazing games.

Picket Co is the team to beat in the district this year, they are the most experienced of the teams in the districts and will make a run of things beyond the district, Clay Co will be pretty good too. They get Ethan Birdwell from Hermitage Springs and he will make that team a lot better and JC tough as well and JC and Clay should split in my eyes, then there's Clarkrange who you can never count out because they always make some sort of run at it and gives teams problems. RBS won't be pittiful! They lost all there starters from last year, and will be a very young team who will give a few teams problems, but just wait on them RBS boys they'll be good, if anyone saw RBS's jr high team last year knows what i'm talking about /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />...Don't know much about Monterey but expect them somewheres toward the bottom.

Well, in case you have forgotten the RBS Jr. High's Perfect season wasn't so perfect when th Jackson County boys came to town. This year will be no different than last JC will run the table in district 7A. GO BIG BLUE!!!

is this the same Clay Co. team that i saw at the LA play day today?...if so...you may be looking to try and grab 3rd place