Reg 1 Dis 2 AA

alwaysapioneer

Yeah you all are #1. What a classless act your coach is. Going through the line at the end of the game trash talking the CG players? Yeah you all should be real proud. I just hope that CG gets to play you all again.

Aside from your jerk of a coach, your kids played a very good game and should be commended. Holzer had a good night as did the rest of your team and it was a great game to watch.

And just one more comment, your players marching up and down the sidewalk running their mouths and you coach acting like a .....the worse i can say is jerk on here. Enjoy it while you can because somebody, it may be CG it may not be, but someone, will knock you off your high horse really soon and I hope I'm there to see it. I lost a whole lot for the GP program and people on Fri night. And you can retaliate and say what you wish, I don't care. You won and thats fine. But don't be a jackass about it. I know for a fact the CG fans didnt act like that up there. Win with class. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Get your facts right, sport. Watch the CG vs. GP tape at GP. Your coach danced like a tap dancer when CG was up by 20, then acted like they had won the Super Bowl in a regular season district game. That's fine, I realize that they had some pent up frustration about what took place on the field outside several months ago, twice. That's fine. It appeared, by the way, that the senior guard who missed the last shot was most upset by the outcome of the game. Understandable. Last home game, chance to win it all, missed opportunity, unfortunate. I don't think there was any trash talk but I certainly can't understand why you are resentful toward a place like Gatlinburg who loves visitors and guests.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a graduate of Union County but I am offended from your comments about Coach Placares at GP. The guy coaches with a lot of passion and is highly respected. He is very respectable to his opponents and since it is coming from the Gap, I am sure the story is far from the truth. The fact is Gap went from first to third in one night and that can be really frustrating. However, to blame that on the other team's coach is not exactly the best way to handle it. I hope to see a G-P and UC final.

Yeah you all are #1. What a classless act your coach is. Going through the line at the end of the game trash talking the CG players? Yeah you all should be real proud. I just hope that CG gets to play you all again.

Aside from your jerk of a coach, your kids played a very good game and should be commended. Holzer had a good night as did the rest of your team and it was a great game to watch.

And just one more comment, your players marching up and down the sidewalk running their mouths and you coach acting like a .....the worse i can say is jerk on here. Enjoy it while you can because somebody, it may be CG it may not be, but someone, will knock you off your high horse really soon and I hope I'm there to see it. I lost a whole lot for the GP program and people on Fri night. And you can retaliate and say what you wish, I don't care. You won and thats fine. But don't be a jackass about it. I know for a fact the CG fans didnt act like that up there. Win with class. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Your joking right? I don't believe that anyone associated with GP danced around at center court like your coach did at our place. And your administrator at the game was the most pitiful excuse for one I've ever seen. He complains about our student section when the game was at our place and then gets in an argument with the officials for reprimanding CG's student section. Not to mention he allowed a student to wear an official's uniform while standing within 3 feet of the court. That's ridiculous.

I usually refrain from mentioning players by name when they do some that reflects poorly on their school, but Cory Cheek and and Hunter Hassler displayed some of the worst sportsmanship I have ever observed during a high school athletic contest. Sitting at half court and refusing to shake their opponents hands is inexcusable. Say what you wish, but attitudes like that begin with the administration and coaching staff.

I'd love to know how you what was said during the postgame handshakes. Were in the line with the coaching staff and players? And give it a rest bashing the GP fans. We weren't the ones flipping of the other team's players and they left nor did we throw things at their bus.

Maybe you should listen to your own advise and lose with class.

Ok, seeing as how I've stirred up a hornets nest with my comments, I must apologize for my remarks. I will say no more about GP and I may not even post on here anymore. I am a fan of basketball and have been for a long time. As a matter of fact, I'm a big fan of all high school sports. I know that coaches overreact sometimes when they win/lose a big game and so do fans. As for our coach "dancing" as you say, well as stated in a previous post by someone else, he coaches with a lot of passion and heart and gets excited a lot. He isn't doing anything to rub it in the face of any opponent. I promise you that. Coach Wolfenbarger is a class act and a good man and I'm sorry if you took his actions at GP the wrong way. Anyway, I should have kept my comments to myself and not said anything and for that I apologize. I am a big enough person to do that. Best of luck to all the teams in the district tournament and I hope there are some good games to watch.

Ok, seeing as how I've stirred up a hornets nest with my comments, I must apologize for my remarks. I will say no more about GP and I may not even post on here anymore. I am a fan of basketball and have been for a long time. As a matter of fact, I'm a big fan of all high school sports. I know that coaches overreact sometimes when they win/lose a big game and so do fans. As for our coach "dancing" as you say, well as stated in a previous post by someone else, he coaches with a lot of passion and heart and gets excited a lot. He isn't doing anything to rub it in the face of any opponent. I promise you that. Coach Wolfenbarger is a class act and a good man and I'm sorry if you took his actions at GP the wrong way. Anyway, I should have kept my comments to myself and not said anything and for that I apologize. I am a big enough person to do that. Best of luck to all the teams in the district tournament and I hope there are some good games to watch.

I know I'm a litttle late in this deal. Yeah you apologized but never got the facts straight. Wolfenbarger may be a class act but actions speak louder than words. Sure there is nothing wrong with being excited after winning a game but to dance like he did at GP. (Someone help out I don't remember the great coach) "But act like you've been there before." A class act doesn't yell out the opposing coach and tell him to sit down. Players are a reflection of their coach just as kids are a reflection of their parents. Sit back and watch your players actions on the court. Yes there will be trash talking but the best you will never notice. Shipley running his mouth and stepping out to distract during the free throw when Holzer was shooting was 1) a line violation and 2) is supposed to be an automatic T if the player has the ball and he did. But hey I'm glad they didn't call it because Shipley didn't have time to box the shooter and Holzer pulled the rebound and scored. Also glad your coach acted like he did on GPs court. Just added more fuel to the fire and made GPs players want to win even more. So don't worry about what you say on here and don't bother to apologize just keep trash talking and calling their coach a jackass. I'm sure the players won't read this and it won't inspire them to play harder. Go GP!!!!!!!!

this page is for talkin bout how the teams in this district are doin.congrats to union county on winning regular season,and they are really hott right now.secondly,i have herd enough from the GP people about this garbage,i know u people think u are the best thing since sliced white bread,but get over your selfs,and take your win,and as for the people that are naming our players,and saying how classless they are,i think u have no class for naming kids and saying stuff about them,and i dont know why anyone had to say anything bout football,that is over with and this is basketball season

this page is for talkin bout how the teams in this district are doin.congrats to union county on winning regular season,and they are really hott right now.secondly,i have herd enough from the GP people about this garbage,i know u people think u are the best thing since sliced white bread,but get over your selfs,and take your win,and as for the people that are naming our players,and saying how classless they are,i think u have no class for naming kids and saying stuff about them,and i dont know why anyone had to say anything bout football,that is over with and this is basketball season

Read where the garbage came from. Not GP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!