Armstrong resigns at Sequatchie Co.

awfl

Usually during football season I am on this board everyday but I have only been to CoachT probably a half dozen times during the whole season and that was to check/delete my PM folders and when I did post a couple of times it was on the Plus+ boards.

I have seen the lot of of SCHS football games I can't remember the last home game I have missed it was probably around '93 and the last game I didn't make it too was the 1995, 1st rd. playoff game at I think a #1 (10-0) South Greene team that the Indians knocked off in the blowing rain/wind, I have heard the stories.

I have been so disgusted with this past season even more so than last seasons (0-10) because as a football fan and knowing a little about the game its hard to compete when you have your two all-state nominee players out for the season one moves away and the other gets hurt the second game and all that on top of starting three or four freshmen on the line on both sides of the ball.

This season I had high hopes I thought five wins were a good bet and with some luck six or seven especially after how the team looked in the scrimmages and that carried over to the first game with a win and even a two point loss in a hard fought game with Cannon Co. but some where around that time the wheels fell off and it wasn't the players fault not all of it.

There was a lot of things that happened on and more importantly off the field that I don't want to get into that has really bothered me and others this season.

The embarassing and unprofessional way the coaches were dressed for the jamboree compared to the way the coaches of the other schools were dressed.

Refusing to coordinate and attend QB Club meetings something that didn't happen with the previous coach. When hired he asked for an expanded weight room he got it. This staff wanted new top of the line headsets before the season started they got them after that they were never heard from again. Plus before the season started they wanted to know what design or decal would be used on the helmets so they could match up with shirts and hats and was refused to be told.

From what I was told the coach when hired had former players several who played college ball offered there assistance to him but was told no thanks.

On the field simple things like covering a slot receiver, several little simple things that a player much less starters should have learned by just watching a game of college or NFL football on tv. I wonder if the players even know the simple rules of the game sometimes.

I could go on about other things but reading some of these posts from people around here. I wonder did we watch the same football season. I like coach Armstrong as a person and I think he may still become a good coach if he will just change some things but I think this is the best thing for the Sequatchie program a change would have been made anyway sometime over the next month or two.

I also wanted to tell those people who think that Coach Layne or the superintendent ddn't support the coach where do you get that? Who do you think hired the coaches to begin with? I said earlier that I have been to a lot of games and I have seen both of them at most if not all the ones I have been too and I have also had the pleasure to set by them on occassions at a game and let me tell you they support those young men out there and wish to see them succeed on and off the field just like the rest of us do.

I read on here that the community doesn't/didn't support the coach well maybe and maybe not but they sure as **** supported someone the apst several years as probably 8 out of 10 games this season Sequatchie packed as many or more fans in the stands than the opponents did.

Sequatchie County is a great place to coach if your the right person. One of the top football facilities in Southeast Tennessee from practice field to the stadium and when they do start winning again (and they will just look at schools like Polk Co. & McMinn Central to see that sometimes you hit a rough patch and it takes a while to claw your way out) the stadium will be packed even more than it was during the glory days. I agree as someone said they need to be able to keep these players who played in LL & MS playing when they are in HS. The coaches of all the sports need to quit being smallminded and encourage students to play other sports. It also starts in middle school they need a good coach & staff to get things started down there winning breeds success at all levels just look at girls basketball team. They stuck together and won a lot of games in MS and now are one of the top AA teams in the state and it seems the MS team has reloaded this year from the scores I have seen from there early games the same can happen in football or baseball.

I think SCHS will also see a jump in the next several years to 3A as the school system is continually growing. The county was said to be one of the fastest growing counties in the state.

I will say that I have been told from reliable sources that several people have already shown interest but no names were given to me and I wouldn't say who if I did know.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sequatchie, did you ever play ball? Or did watching NFL and college ball on TV make you an all-american coach? If that is the case I believe I will put in for the new position. All I heard from a lot of parents was coaching is the problem and BJ said he thought he couldn't get it out of the boys, but if you could just sit and watch film and see the problems, it wasn't all coaching as it has been stated on here. When the parents set around and talk about how they feel about the coaches and their kids hear it and carry it back to school and to the team it spreads like a disease and you could basically chalk it up from there. So before everyone gets on here pointing fingers just let it go!!!! BJ stepped down and SCHS will be moving forward as will BJ. Quit saying could've, would've and should've and start supporting our coaches with positive attitudes instead of negative which is all that has been going on here for quite a few years. Sequatchie has some of the best facilities, especially here in the valley and with positive support from other coaches, staff and the community this shipwreck may get turned around. If this doesn't stop you can go ahead and start the crumbling of the other sports here at SCHS too. Thats about all I have too say about that........

Sequatchie, did you ever play ball? Or did watching NFL and college ball on TV make you an all-american coach? If that is the case I believe I will put in for the new position. All I heard from a lot of parents was coaching is the problem and BJ said he thought he couldn't get it out of the boys, but if you could just sit and watch film and see the problems, it wasn't all coaching as it has been stated on here. When the parents set around and talk about how they feel about the coaches and their kids hear it and carry it back to school and to the team it spreads like a disease and you could basically chalk it up from there. So before everyone gets on here pointing fingers just let it go!!!! BJ stepped down and SCHS will be moving forward as will BJ. Quit saying could've, would've and should've and start supporting our coaches with positive attitudes instead of negative which is all that has been going on here for quite a few years. Sequatchie has some of the best facilities, especially here in the valley and with positive support from other coaches, staff and the community this shipwreck may get turned around. If this doesn't stop you can go ahead and start the crumbling of the other sports here at SCHS too. Thats about all I have too say about that........

We all know you are friends with Kevin and BJ... but going back I think the last six games under Coach Sanders and now the record is 1-25. No it's not all BJ's fault but alot of it is. By the way why are you watching film without Big Brother LOL. I think we need a older more disiplined coach just my thoughts.

BJ is a good guy and coach. He had assistants that played at Sequatchie and in college. I do not know all of the details. I also coached in Sequatchie and it can be a tough place if you are not being successful. I was hurt by the way Coach Mac was treated. He was by far the best coach since Fritz. He was let go. Outstanding person and friend. I knew Coach Saunders would not be there long when he did not move his family. I got an opportunity to be a head coach elsewhere and took it and I love every minute of it. Building a program is great. Sequatchie will do the right thing. They will find someone and carry on. I wish the many friends that I have in the area well and, in time, the program will again be strong. BJ will also land on his feet. I felt many treated him harshly, probably because of youth. He is a good coach and friend and I will do my best to help him. Good luck in your search and I want to thank the Indians for giving that little old Bledsoe boy a chance to coach and teach and the friendship you guys gave me will always be remembered.

We all know you are friends with Kevin and BJ... but going back I think the last six games under Coach Sanders and now the record is 1-25. No it's not all BJ's fault but alot of it is. By the way why are you watching film without Big Brother LOL. I think we need a older more disiplined coach just my thoughts.

You are exactly right I am friends with them both. I was stating that without support a coach and only do so much. Ask any coach. Look at Barger, he has tons of support and is loving his job and turning Cannon Co. around. If he had no support would he like it???? Probably not.

I support all sports at SCHS, even though I may disagree with some things I do not get on here blasting the coaches. You couldn't pay me to coach at this level. The ones that do I truly respect for all they deal with. By the way

who is my big brother? I state things on here that I would say to someone and don't get on here and hide behind my name like most. If you don't know me you should......BMc

You are exactly right I am friends with them both. I was stating that without support a coach and only do so much. Ask any coach. Look at Barger, he has tons of support and is loving his job and turning Cannon Co. around. If he had no support would he like it???? Probably not.

I support all sports at SCHS, even though I may disagree with some things I do not get on here blasting the coaches. You couldn't pay me to coach at this level. The ones that do I truly respect for all they deal with. By the way

who is my big brother? I state things on here that I would say to someone and don't get on here and hide behind my name like most. If you don't know me you should......BMc

I do know you, but I know your brother better.. SMc. I have not bashed any coach just stating maybe time for a change. Fan support for the most part has been there. I'm sure BJ will be a good coach and look back at this as a learning experience. Just a little joke about watching film with big brother I know he hates football and basketball but lives for baseball. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />