Question for the Oakland folks...

Football Man

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Tennessean is reporting that former BA coach and ad Carlton Flatt is interested in the job. what do you think 2P????

Not 2p, but Im honored that Flatt would even be remotely interested in coming to Oakland, but I just dont think it would be a good fit, as well as Flatt is on the tail end of his career, Oakland has become a proactive/progressive school under Butch Vaughn so I would like to see a moderately young with some HC experience, but that also fits the proactive/progressive mold. I dont think anyone around Oakland truly knows who will be hired except Butch Vaughn himself.

Do not get too excited........The Tennessean is is simply King Carltons advance publicity arm (they are enchanted by him). Carlton does love to see his name in the paper (see last coach search at Moore Co................he led those folks on for about a month!).

Here is a name that I think would be a great fit..............do not know if he would be interested. Jerry Joslin; still have not ever figured out why Gallatin let him go /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

verrrry interesting.......hmmmm!

I agree that Joslin would be a great fit at Oakland, and if I was doing the hiring, he would be on my short list, but I imagine Cookeville is gonna freeze in hades before they give up Joslin so easily

I agree that Joslin would be a great fit at Oakland, and if I was doing the hiring, he would be on my short list, but I imagine Cookeville is gonna freeze in hades before they give up Joslin so easily

True. Cookeville would be crazy to let him go and I think he would be crazy to leave. No disrespect to Oakland, but Cookeville is a great city with a bunch of atheletes and support. No other high schools around competing for players.

True. Cookeville would be crazy to let him go and I think he would be crazy to leave. No disrespect to Oakland, but Cookeville is a great city with a bunch of atheletes and support. No other high schools around competing for players.

Well I think he is just in a situation where he's got it made. Its not a talent issue for Oakland, the talent is there right to win games, and with the facilities upgrade to the football program as well as the school, it will make an attractive job for alot of coaches looking.

shoot dont see this happening has too much going on at Alcoa

Agreed. Plus, his son loves the School and will be a Frosh next year. There's tons of talent in the Frosh/Soph classes as well. In addition, there have been some transfers and will continure to be with Coach Rankin's name. Finally, Football is worshiped in Blount County and I think Gary fits in nicely there. Only way he leaves is for an Alabama/Georgia job where he can start a new retirement, etc. JMHO.

What about Torey Patterson He played at Oakland, has had sucessful young coaching career at Smyrna Middle? I think he coached at Blackman High in the begining also.

I just think that alot of emphasis will be to get an established head coach. Patterson had done a great job and Smyrna Middle and I hope he is considered for the job, especially given that he is one of our own. I would love to see a alum take over at Oakland.