Question for the Oakland folks...

Football Man

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not around the situation but giving coach britton just 2 years to turn that program around isnt enough...

No it isn't enough at all. And nobody is questioning his coaching ability or his character, except for the decision makers in Winchester. The higher ups in Franklin County are looking to chop some heads. Apparantly they think the Rebels should be in the playoffs....should they be...with the talent they had this year..probably so...is it too early to give up on a coach...probably so.

No it isn't enough at all. And nobody is questioning his coaching ability or his character, except for the decision makers in Winchester. The higher ups in Franklin County are looking to chop some heads. Apparantly they think the Rebels should be in the playoffs....should they be...with the talent they had this year..probably so...is it too early to give up on a coach...probably so.

isnt the talent too young right now to expect playoffs? and didnt he get some of those kids to come out that wasnt even playing football...just let him work give him 4 years and you will see the program build if not

COME ON BACK COACH BRITTON

isnt the talent too young right now to expect playoffs? and didnt he get some of those kids to come out that wasnt even playing football...just let him work give him 4 years and you will see the program build if not

I thought they could have made the playoffs. But I don't think anybody at the beginning of the season, including me, thought they were sure to be in. Personally, I think he should have a couple more years to, riverdaleman.

Bear Bryant or Vince Lombardi could NOT have turned that program around in TWO years. If the admins there think anyone could have they are doing nothing but kidding themselves AND the voters in that county.

ANY Coach should be given a minimum of four years to turn a program completely around. While I would personnally LOVE to see him back at R'dale, I think enough of him and respect him enough to hope he is given the chance he deserves to get his current program going!

I think Coach Btritton is a very good coach. However, people keep talking about rebuilding. Franklin Co. made it to the playoffs the five previous years to his arrival. Coach Mantooth is the one who had to rebuild. FC had lost 13 straught games when he took the job at a beat up, run down school and facilities. Having said that, Coach Britton should be given more time, but lets not talk about the program being terrible when he got there. They had been to the playoffs for five straight years.

I think Coach Btritton is a very good coach. However, people keep talking about rebuilding. Franklin Co. made it to the playoffs the five previous years to his arrival. Coach Mantooth is the one who had to rebuild. FC had lost 13 straught games when he took the job at a beat up, run down school and facilities. Having said that, Coach Britton should be given more time, but lets not talk about the program being terrible when he got there. They had been to the playoffs for five straight years.

true...but i know in 2005 atleast they made it to the playoffs with a 4-6 record (finishing 4-7 after losing to riverdale first round).

true...but i know in 2005 and 2004 atleast they made it to the playoffs with 4-6 records (finishing 4-7 both years after losing to riverdale first round).

2003 the Rebels were 6-4, 7-5 after the playoffs. 2004 they were 6-4, 6-5 after the playoffs. 2005 they were 4-6, 4-7 after the playoffs. 2003 was the only year two teams from reg 3 won a playoff game vs reg 4.

true...but i know in 2005 and 2004 atleast they made it to the playoffs with 4-6 records (finishing 4-7 both years after losing to riverdale first round).

tdntn...you are amazing...and i'm being serious...you have some great stats to make and prove your point...i know i wont go toe to toe with ya when it comes to these kind of details...if i do...i'll be eating crow on coach T /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

your new name on coach T should be... "back it up jack"... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Simple fact is they were NOT that good then either. Thing is NOW other teams have gotten much better by playing better teams. FC is still trying to get over that hump to be where they SHOULD be.

I went to a couple of FC's games that first year that Britton was there. There were more pure atheletes sitting in the stands than there were in uniform. Granted Coach Mantooth is a good Coach and man, the cold hard facts are they were still a subpar team compared to the teams of TODAY. If he was so good then why did y'all let him go?

Thing is y'all want instant sucess and in football it does NOT happen. It only works when you have a bunch actually come out and work HARD and play as a team. So many of what Coach B inherited thought about themselves first instead of the TEAM. It takes time to get that idea out of their minds. Combine that with the fact that he was having to play a QB that looked like he should have still been in Jr High and was not tall enough to see over his line, which didn't block very well either and you have an unsucessful season.

Look on the bright side though at least his first season he BEAT Cookeville! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I do not 'think' Coach Mantooth could say that, but I have been wrong before.

As to the facilities, that was a result of an adminstration not the Coaches. Coaches are not the ones to say Hey lets build a new school!

Simple fact is they were NOT that good then either. Thing is NOW other teams have gotten much better by playing better teams. FC is still trying to get over that hump to be where they SHOULD be.

I went to a couple of FC's games that first year that Britton was there. There were more pure atheletes sitting in the stands than there were in uniform. Granted Coach Mantooth is a good Coach and man, the cold hard facts are they were still a subpar team compared to the teams of TODAY. If he was so good then why did y'all let him go?

Thing is y'all want instant sucess and in football it does NOT happen. It only works when you have a bunch actually come out and work HARD and play as a team. So many of what Coach B inherited thought about themselves first instead of the TEAM. It takes time to get that idea out of their minds. Combine that with the fact that he was having to play a QB that looked like he should have still been in Jr High and was not tall enough to see over his line, which didn't block very well either and you have an unsucessful season.

Look on the bright side though at least his first season he BEAT Cookeville! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I do not 'think' Coach Mantooth could say that, but I have been wrong before.

As to the facilities, that was a result of an adminstration not the Coaches. Coaches are not the ones to say Hey lets build a new school!

Mantooth was overrun with thugs and personal agendas...They made the playoffs in 2004 and 2005 on Braylon Leslie alone. They tossed him the ball left, tossed it to him right and he made defense look foolish.