Question for the Oakland folks...

Football Man

Simple fact is they were NOT that good then either. Thing is NOW other teams have gotten much better by playing better teams. FC is still trying to get over that hump to be where they SHOULD be.

I went to a couple of FC's games that first year that Britton was there. There were more pure atheletes sitting in the stands than there were in uniform. Granted Coach Mantooth is a good Coach and man, the cold hard facts are they were still a subpar team compared to the teams of TODAY. If he was so good then why did y'all let him go?

Thing is y'all want instant sucess and in football it does NOT happen. It only works when you have a bunch actually come out and work HARD and play as a team. So many of what Coach B inherited thought about themselves first instead of the TEAM. It takes time to get that idea out of their minds. Combine that with the fact that he was having to play a QB that looked like he should have still been in Jr High and was not tall enough to see over his line, which didn't block very well either and you have an unsucessful season.

Look on the bright side though at least his first season he BEAT Cookeville! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I do not 'think' Coach Mantooth could say that, but I have been wrong before.

As to the facilities, that was a result of an adminstration not the Coaches. Coaches are not the ones to say Hey lets build a new school!

Coach Mantooth was not let go....he left on his own accord to be an assistant principal. He was 2-3 vs Cookeville. Fact of the matter is this, FC has not made the playoffs the last two years and should have in this league. Coach Britton deserves another year but he did not take over a program that was in shambles. FC had been to the playoffs FIVE straight years. Oh, and Coach Mantooth beat Oakland, Lincoln Co (had Edmonds and those two monsters that went to Vandy), and WARREN CO. I don't think that Coach Britton has done that yet....but I may be wrong.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Mantooth was not let go....he left on his own accord to be an assistant principal. He was 2-3 vs Cookeville. Fact of the matter is this, FC has not made the playoffs the last two years and should have in this league. Coach Britton deserves another year but he did not take over a program that was in shambles. FC had been to the playoffs FIVE straight years. Oh, and Coach Mantooth beat Oakland, Lincoln Co (had Edmonds and those two monsters that went to Vandy), and WARREN CO. I don't think that Coach Britton has done that yet....but I may be wrong.

Mantooth's teams also beat Baylor and Hillsboro.

I say Price and Sisk meet in the parking lot and mud wrestle to see who gets the job.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Ha Ha! I would pay money to see that! Maybe Oakland should think about that for a pep rally segment... it would be a great fundraiser.

Coach Carson might be interested as well, but we will have to wait for Smyrna's season to end first.

Just wonder why he didn't get the head job at Franklin County? He was an asst there wasn't he?? Also heard he has tried for a few more jobs since going to Smyrna that he didn't get. Not trying to be a smart butt or anything, just would like to know. I would have thought he would have had an edge at Franklin Cty over Britton.

Does anyone actually know any of the official candidates for this job and when they start the interviewing process? Not speculation......actual candidates.

slingmdeep, sweepleft , mynameis, magoo, oaklandpatriots??????

Does ANYONE know??

the Gill brothers...nephews...etc /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />