Question for the Oakland folks...

Football Man

FC was terrible the year before Britton got and were terrible talent wise the first year he had the job but even though they didnt make the playoffs this year at least they were competitive in all their games and were a formitable opponent......you have to take baby steps....they are a young team........first year they were bad....... this year they were competitive.....next year should be the year for them to win more games and some maybe they shouldnt.......then the next year it should definately be playoffs...............its called rebuilding.........whether FC fans want to believe it or not yall are rebuilding....just give it some time.....im pretty sure hes a good coach based upon reputation

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FC was terrible the year before Britton got and were terrible talent wise the first year he had the job but even though they didnt make the playoffs this year at least they were competitive in all their games and were a formitable opponent......you have to take baby steps....they are a young team........first year they were bad....... this year they were competitive.....next year should be the year for them to win more games and some maybe they shouldnt.......then the next year it should definately be playoffs...............its called rebuilding.........whether FC fans want to believe it or not yall are rebuilding....just give it some time.....im pretty sure hes a good coach based upon reputation

You said it!! FC showed me some improvement this year!!! I would take Britton at Oakland!

A very good coach is interested in the program. Go Pats

SEVERAL good coaches better be interested. There is a lot of talent coming up from last year's sophs and freshmen, both beat Riverdale as freshmen. This last group not only beat them, but beat them up good. They are a bunch of tough kids who play hard and practice harder, they take discipline and they like being together.

Britton had no OC or DC experience going into this job and I am afraid it showed. He is a good man, but face it I think he was over his head. Also is the fact that we beat him two yrs in a row......bigtime. I can't see them giving him the job mainly because of that. I am sorry but he DID have some talent. His QB was REALLY good.

I think Coach Btritton is a very good coach. However, people keep talking about rebuilding. Franklin Co. made it to the playoffs the five previous years to his arrival. Coach Mantooth is the one who had to rebuild. FC had lost 13 straught games when he took the job at a beat up, run down school and facilities. Having said that, Coach Britton should be given more time, but lets not talk about the program being terrible when he got there. They had been to the playoffs for five straight years.

I've seen FC play twice this year. Both of those games were close. I honestly think that if one or two plays in several of their games went in favor of Franklin Co., we wouldn't be having this conversation. One busted coverage at Warren Co. cost a touchdown pass. FC needs to give Coach Britton and his staff a little more time.

I've seen FC play twice this year. Both of those games were close. I honestly think that if one or two plays in several of their games went in favor of Franklin Co., we wouldn't be having this conversation. One busted coverage at Warren Co. cost a touchdown pass. FC needs to give Coach Britton and his staff a little more time.

I hope they keep him and give him another year too. My comments were not intended to be a negative against the man. I just don't think he is a good fit for Oakland's replacement. I just think it would be hard for kids to accept his system knowing they had beaten his team so badly the last 2 yrs.