Cane Ridge

Croach

Definately far too familiar. Imagine working your butt off to get a decent field. Making phone calls for two straight years, politicians, contractors, etc. Finally after two solid years of non stop phone calls you get a decent field but you are greatful for it because there is grass (K31). You spend your time watering the field, cutting it, etc. only to find out that you have to change schools because of overcrowding and a few parental complaints. Oh and guess what the school you are moving to is brand new and doesnt have a field. Imagine to your surprise then having to work you butt off making more phone calls, getting a bus endorsement CDL, so that you can traveling the five miles everyday to practice on your own field. Oh...and I forgot to mention the fact that before you ever step on the field to practice with your team, the soccer team from the school that is there now has already started practicing on it and has already ruined it. Now you get to practice on... well what you just described. But you forgot about all of the rocks, deer and turkey droppings, and the occasional weed that popped up.

Yeah, pulling up to that field and seeing Turkeys on it was pretty cool. I often wonder just what they thought they were going to find out there to eat....mud? We were very fortunate that nobody got hurt due to field conditions. It's also amazing that we complained about it and nothing was ever done to that field. Literally nothing.....But who am I to complain, it's only our tax dollars. Besides we know that you LOVE drving that bus!!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everytime I think I am ready to jump back into the pool, someone floats a #2 in the water. I really do deep down want to do it again. However, I think I was born about 20 years too late. My personality has a hard time coddling these guys like so many have to nowadays. I just cannot do it. I turned a Metro job down (I didn't even apply for) about five years ago just a little while after I came back. I didn't think the kids there were willing to do what it would take to get the program back on track. Looking back it seems I was definitely right about that. I am actually intrigued by the Cane Ridge job, but I don't know if I would "qualify" for the job, especially if Abner is the Football coach. Antioch is the only other school in Metro that has that coaching set-up. Greg and I go all the way back to little league together. We live about 3 miles apart. I know we would work well together.

Are you a betting man? Mom spent 31 years at only four schools. Two high schools and two junior highs. Actually one high school and one that became a junior high while she was there. Name them oh swami. She was in Metro before it was Metro as well. Nothing like two checks a month, huh? Like I said, I was born twenty years to late.

Donelson and Dupont...how much do I win? ha! I'd have to do a little research for the other...and my poor old eyes just cant put in the hours they used to.

If Abner gets CR, you wont "fit." Thats the metro way. Look around. Actually Abner may not fit either. Coaches, teachers, administration alike...metro is becoming a hard fit for many. You were finishing up school after I left metro. It was definitely not the metro it was when you were in school. The handwriting was on the wall in the late 60's. Anyone that could have made a real difference in metro quit caring a long time ago and left it to those who were fighting against what was the right thing to do. Look what they did after they got their hands on it.

And I haven??™t gotten a paycheck that wasn??™t signed by my own hand for years. It might be nice to get two a month from someone, but I don??™t think they will be quite what I am used to.

Donelson and Dupont...how much do I win? ha! I'd have to do a little research for the other...and my poor old eyes just cant put in the hours they used to.

If Abner gets CR, you wont "fit." Thats the metro way. Look around. Actually Abner may not fit either. Coaches, teachers, administration alike...metro is becoming a hard fit for many. You were finishing up school after I left metro. It was definitely not the metro it was when you were in school. The handwriting was on the wall in the late 60's. Anyone that could have made a real difference in metro quit caring a long time ago and left it to those who were fighting against what was the right thing to do. Look what they did after they got their hands on it.

And I haven??™t gotten a paycheck that wasn??™t signed by my own hand for years. It might be nice to get two a month from someone, but I don??™t think they will be quite what I am used to.

Correct. Also, one year at Glencliff ('63) and one at Two Rivers ('87). 18 years at Donelson and 11 at Dupont-Tyler. I watched many a 6-6 girls basketball game back in the day. She quit coaching when they went to 5-5.

This is #16 for me. It gets toughter every year.

As far as the "fit" goes, I saw how that worked at McGavock.

I still think the job is Abner's and I hope he gets it.

On everything else, I agree 100%.

Guest workinprogress

If Abner does not go to Cane Ridge a very good choice would be Eric Felts. He is a coach at Indpendence and a graduate of Antioch. Has all the qualities to be a Head coach if he chooses.

Agreed. Eric would be a great choice and definately has ties to the area that used to be considered Antioch. Eric is young and has a lot of energy along with knowledge. However, I would say he is happy at Indy and is definately focused on winning a state championship.

Agreed. Eric would be a great choice and definately has ties to the area that used to be considered Antioch. Eric is young and has a lot of energy along with knowledge. However, I would say he is happy at Indy and is definately focused on winning a state championship.

How long till you start going after these jobs?

He would be a great choice, but does he want to leave Indy? If he does, he would be a great choice. He is an offensive minded coach and has many years experience coaching at the high school level. If he goes to Cain Ridge....I would'nt be surprised if Scott Smith comes to be an assistant.