Smyrna or Riverdale?

nextbest09

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats the great thing about rivalries, while Riverdale can and regularly does beat anyone in the state and are always considered at the top, when you add in the local rivalry aspest, the team that could most easily be their nemesis is Smyrna, who does not nearly have the level statewide respect and experience. Totally not wanting to step on any toes here with those comments. I would always pick Riverdale over everyone else in the state EXCEPT Smyrna...and because of a great rivalry, its a toss up. But this year, I still have to give the nod to Riverdale.

Thats the great thing about rivalries, while Riverdale can and regularly does beat anyone in the state and are always considered at the top, when you add in the local rivalry aspest, the team that could most easily be their nemesis is Smyrna, who does not nearly have the level statewide respect and experience. Totally not wanting to step on any toes here with those comments. I would always pick Riverdale over everyone else in the state EXCEPT Smyrna...and because of a great rivalry, its a toss up. But this year, I still have to give the nod to Riverdale.

good post.....who knows....it could be either team this year...smyrnas record may not show it but we're just as good as riverdale...we all saw that a couple weeks ago....but man the refs made some bad calls...hopefully in the rematch we'll have good refs /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

One things for sure..the rematch...instannt classic this year /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I might be missing something here; but Riverdale has been ranked # 1 all year by pretty much everyone out there, and they BEAT Smyrna in the regular season, so ... I think it's very clear that going into this weekend, Riverdale is the team to beat. Or does losing make you the better team somehow ?

we're all just having fun...and if you dont remember last year...49-0 regular..riverdale.....week 3 playoffs 9-7 smyrna........so the game is a toss up...no one said our teams better...we're just being hopefull and asking for a win from our team

we're all just having fun...and if you dont remember last year...49-0 regular..riverdale.....week 3 playoffs 9-7 smyrna........so the game is a toss up...no one said our teams better...we're just being hopefull and asking for a win from our team

Two weeks ago, I would have called it a toss up. But the more the media brags on Gray and Wilkes, the more I lean toward Riverdale. Riverdale has a big chip on their sholders and the brag brothers of Smyrna are fueling the fires at Tomahawk Stadium.

Riverdale by two TD's.

I might be missing something here; but Riverdale has been ranked # 1 all year by pretty much everyone out there, and they BEAT Smyrna in the regular season, so ... I think it's very clear that going into this weekend, Riverdale is the team to beat. Or does losing make you the better team somehow ?

Riverdale beat Smyrna 49-0 last year and were ranked first. When the playoffs start everybody starts back over. Rankings are thrown out when the playoffs start.

in week 9's matchup between the 2 teams, riverdale absolutely DOMINATED 3 quarters of football. on the other hand, smyrna absolutely DOMINATED 1 quarter of football, which in fact was almost good enough to get the W (with some circumstances the refs presented, but riverdale was able to overcome).

dont know if that translates to riverdale is better 75% of the time and smyrna is better 25%, but if so i will take it. turnovers are part of the game, but i think smyrna would have to create multiple turnovers with field position for them to win.

i cant speak for how smyrna plays against other teams (despite seeing them in 3 different games this year), but they have to hope for the breakout plays. riverdale can play more consistant and drive the ball up and down the field pretty easily.

i think these things point to riverdale being the better team, but no one doubts that smyrnas capible...i just think riverdale has to give smyrna the rope if they want to hang us with it.