Eurosports Rankings

global1

i have to agree with mvm on this situation of the sd snubbing in the polls. yes, high school girls probably dont even know where to go to see this poll or even care, but that does not diminish the hard work and efforts of these girls. mvm isnt tarnishing anything by expressing his disdain for the polls. in fact, by exposing the folly of the polls he only sharpens the case that soddy daisy has an amazing up and coming program with extremely dedicated fans, players and coaches.

the shame is the people who make the polls probably care even less about the girls feelings than the girls care about the polls.

Which team would you recommend removing in order to get SD on the list?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have to agree with mvm on this situation of the sd snubbing in the polls. yes, high school girls probably dont even know where to go to see this poll or even care, but that does not diminish the hard work and efforts of these girls. mvm isnt tarnishing anything by expressing his disdain for the polls. in fact, by exposing the folly of the polls he only sharpens the case that soddy daisy has an amazing up and coming program with extremely dedicated fans, players and coaches.

the shame is the people who make the polls probably care even less about the girls feelings than the girls care about the polls.

Hey. Let's look at some other measures, perhaps there are other teams that should feel "slighted" or maybe it's about performance over the season and not one game that should be considered....

W-L-T ....Who has the most W's this season?

1 Bearden 23-02-01

2 Collierville 20-01-05

3 Franklin 18-02-03

4 Farragut 18-04-01

5 Siegel 17-08-01

6 Riverdale 17-02-00

7 Oak Ridge 16-06-03

8 Henry Co 16-04-03

9 Cleveland 16-03-02

10 Gtown Houston 16-06-00

11 Dobyns-Bennett 15-05-03

12 McGavock 14-03-03

13 Brentwood 14-03-03

14 Blackman 14-06-01

15 Tullahoma 14-04-01

16 Hunters Lane 13-03-04

17 Soddy-Daisy 13-07-02

Who has the least amount of losses this season?

1 Collierville 20-01-05

2 Bearden 23-02-01

3 Franklin 18-02-03

4 Riverdale 17-02-00

5 Cleveland 16-03-02

6 McGavock 14-03-03

7 Brentwood 14-03-03

8 Hunters Lane 13-03-04

9 Farragut 18-04-01

10 Henry Co 16-04-03

11 Tullahoma 14-04-01

12 Dobyns-Bennett 15-05-03

13 Oak Ridge 16-06-03

14 Gtown Houston 16-06-00

15 Blackman 14-06-01

16 Soddy-Daisy 13-07-02

17 Siegel 17-08-01

Tullahoma without a doubt, be lucky to be in top 15

By identifying Tullahoma as not deserving, how are you not "diminishing the hard work and efforts of these girls...(who have) an amazing up and coming program with extremely dedicated fans, players and coaches...care(ing) even less for girls feelings than the girls care about the polls"?

The point, of course, is that someone is going to be hurt by the polls. In fact, it is arguable that most teams will be hurt by the polls (other than 1-3).

I find it VERY demeaning to the young ladies of Soddy Daisy, that the voting coaches would not at least place them in the top 8 or top 11. When in years past state finalist have been voted 1 thru 8.

It is a JOKE, JOKE,JOKE.

These so called "knowledgeable" coaches ranked the other divisions by the way they have finished in the state Tourny and have done it for the past 4 years. But not this year??

I find YOUR EURO Rankings a joke...The young ladies of Soddy find your rankings a JOKE. And because Soddy was not ranked at all it does Taint your poll.

Why not rank Collierville #1. It's because Bearden beat them. Had Collierville beat them earlier in the year it still would not matter because Beaden beat them when it mattered.

I'm sorry guys but it like that old cheer....

Nuts and bolts,

Nuts and bolts,

WE GOT SCREWED!!!

Pardon me....but maybe some people out there find it funny (just like you seem to find the eurosport rankings so funny) that a team was beaten 6-0 in the state tournament. It's not that big of a deal. They are just that...rankings....opinions. Soddy was fortunate enough to play in a state tournament and be in the Elite Eight. Be satisfied with your accomplishments.

It is a shame that you aren't taking an objective view of the polls. If you would look at game results vs. ranked opponents, look at win loss ratio comparison between SD and the teams that are ranked, and look at state results, you should begin to understand why the coaches voted the way that they did. To accuse the voting coaches as being self serving, and now that they don't care about the feelings of the SD girls is ludicrous.

To the SD players and coaching staff, I applaud you on your great season! Making it to state is a HUGE accomplishment that only 8 teams in the entire state get to make it to. Relish in that accomplishment, and the fact that you are getting noticed by other programs. Don't let a poll determine your worth. That comes from within. I look foward to seeing your future success.

I dont comment on here often but when I do it normally is to stress to people their comments are unneccessary or even rude and the example it sets for these girls...or, most importantly to remember the girls and how these sites and comments truly affect them...

which is the reason for this comment...Yes, high school girls know exactly where to go to find polls, comments, pictures, rankings, etc..

They follow it closely, they know how to look up Eurosport polls and everything that has to do with high school soccer..and it does matter to them!!! They keep up with it all season long!!!!!

I cant speak to the people that makes the polls but I can assure you the girls find it, read it , keep up with these postings and CARE...

So, I would imagine you would then support, having St George's and Harding take your spot in the poll as those girls worked hard, practiced hard, and rightfully deserve their place in the top ten.

So, I would imagine you would then support, having St George's and Harding take your spot in the poll as those girls worked hard, practiced hard, and rightfully deserve their place in the top ten.

I hope someone will lock this topic down.....it has degenerated beyond belief. All the girls that made the polls or made the tournaments (and virtually every other that didn't) worked hard and played hard and earned whatever awards, poll positions, or tournament berths they achieved. Why don't we just congratulate them on what WAS ACCOMPLISHED and go on. I see no value in most of the recent posts and the grousing on what position everyone is or is not in.....it is reminescent of 5 year olds jockeying for a position in line to go to the lunchroom. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Would any of these teams give up their trip to state for a place in the Eurosport poll....probably not....of course not....and there is nothing inherent that guarantees one inclusion in the other....the poll is done by many with many variable factors considered....not the final score of a single game......I'm sure those in the poll but who were eliminated in the districts or regionals, etc. swould gladly swap for a shot at state.....get a grip and move on to something constructive or enlightening.

I hope someone will lock this topic down.....it has degenerated beyond belief. All the girls that made the polls or made the tournaments (and virtually every other that didn't) worked hard and played hard and earned whatever awards, poll positions, or tournament berths they achieved. Why don't we just congratulate them on what WAS ACCOMPLISHED and go on. I see no value in most of the recent posts and the grousing on what position everyone is or is not in.....it is reminescent of 5 year olds jockeying for a position in line to go to the lunchroom. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Would any of these teams give up their trip to state for a place in the Eurosport poll....probably not....of course not....and there is nothing inherent that guarantees one inclusion in the other....the poll is done by many with many variable factors considered....not the final score of a single game......I'm sure those in the poll but who were eliminated in the districts or regionals, etc. swould gladly swap for a shot at state.....get a grip and move on to something constructive or enlightening.

Flash..hope you didn't misunderstand that post. I would hope by now the data is on the table that there are a lot of variables that go into defining "eursports' top ten", and it is not necessarily the final 8. There are dozens of posts throughout the year sharing the competitiveness within certain areas and the quality of teams within. There are now 4 classes/divisions. Perhaps a solution may be to expand the top ten into the top 20...wow! That could keep this topic open for a couple of weeks.

....not the final score of a single game......

I agree the negativity on this topic serves no useful purpose and we should move on. I don't agree with your comment above as the top 4 DII ranked teams are those that played in State, but don't have as good of a record as some ranked further down. I think the same is true for AAA. Don't know AA and never will. I think that some of the voters never see the teams they rank and rely on hearsay or reputation to sway their thinking. It's all we've got so we have to live with it. I just wish the players would not give Eurosport so much credibility. Look at NSCCA if you want to be more confused. Collierville (week of 11/6) was 6th in the Nation, loses by one goal and falls to 25th. BGA was not ranked and jumped to 10th. Go Figure.

Hey. Let's look at some other measures, perhaps there are other teams that should feel "slighted" or maybe it's about performance over the season and not one game that should be considered....

W-L-T ....Who has the most W's this season?

1 Bearden 23-02-01

2 Collierville 20-01-05

3 Franklin 18-02-03

4 Farragut 18-04-01

5 Siegel 17-08-01

6 Riverdale 17-02-00

7 Oak Ridge 16-06-03

8 Henry Co 16-04-03

9 Cleveland 16-03-02

10 Gtown Houston 16-06-00

11 Dobyns-Bennett 15-05-03

12 McGavock 14-03-03

13 Brentwood 14-03-03

14 Blackman 14-06-01

15 Tullahoma 14-04-01

16 Hunters Lane 13-03-04

17 Soddy-Daisy 13-07-02

Who has the least amount of losses this season?

1 Collierville 20-01-05

2 Bearden 23-02-01

3 Franklin 18-02-03

4 Riverdale 17-02-00

5 Cleveland 16-03-02

6 McGavock 14-03-03

7 Brentwood 14-03-03

8 Hunters Lane 13-03-04

9 Farragut 18-04-01

10 Henry Co 16-04-03

11 Tullahoma 14-04-01

12 Dobyns-Bennett 15-05-03

13 Oak Ridge 16-06-03

14 Gtown Houston 16-06-00

15 Blackman 14-06-01

16 Soddy-Daisy 13-07-02

17 Siegel 17-08-01

My original question came up because I was surprised that Soddy was not in the Top 11. I also think that with a 17-2 record that includes 4 wins over teams ranked in the top 11, Riverdale could have an argument. I guess what I'm reading is that it is a coaches poll and not all the coaches participate. Thanks