Sycamore

SHS War Eagle 85

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will put money on CPA being in the final 4 teams this year in AA.

That district is very good with CPA & Pearl Cohn leading the way. Both of those teams are going to make serious runs in AA.

White House finished in the "Final 4" in Class AA last year. They play Sycamore in the very near future. I can't wait to see how SHS fares against the Blue Devils.

That district is very good with CPA & Pearl Cohn leading the way. Both of those teams are going to make serious runs in AA.

White House finished in the "Final 4" in Class AA last year. They play Sycamore in the very near future. I can't wait to see how SHS fares against the Blue Devils.

Actually White House finished in the "Elite 8" last year losing the 1st game of the state against Dyer County with a shot at the buzzer. It was only their 2nd state apperance in school history. White House plays Sycamore next Tuesday night in the hall of fame game, but you more then likely won't see but 2 or 3 varsity players on White House 's team that night. I think they have about 12 players on the football team that play basketball including starters Gaines, Barnes , and Trobaugh.

Actually White House finished in the "Elite 8" last year losing the 1st game of the state against Dyer County with a shot at the buzzer. It was only their 2nd state apperance in school history. White House plays Sycamore next Tuesday night in the hall of fame game, but you more then likely won't see but 2 or 3 varsity players on White House 's team that night. I think they have about 12 players on the football team that play basketball including starters Gaines, Barnes , and Trobaugh.

So what you are telling me is that White House is not going to be much of a challenge for Sycamore this week right????? I was really looking forward to that contest in two nights also darn it.

So what you are telling me is that White House is not going to be much of a challenge for Sycamore this week right????? I was really looking forward to that contest in two nights also darn it.

i figured with them still playin football it wouldn't be as interesting, i was really hoping for a great first game

come out joey and see the fro den, it will be rocking sycamore will go very far this year

I will be calling the game LIVE tonight.

You are doing a good job of calling the game from a stand point of listening to the play by play. However, you lack a little integrity in the commentary aspect by not pointing out that 13 of the 15 varsity players for WHHS are not playing tonite because of football. I know you should be a "homer" in calling your teams games, but this is taking it to a whole new level.

You are doing a good job of calling the game from a stand point of listening to the play by play. However, you lack a little integrity in the commentary aspect by not pointing out that 13 of the 15 varsity players for WHHS are not playing tonite because of football. I know you should be a "homer" in calling your teams games, but this is taking it to a whole new level.

If you want to use that as an excuse then please by my guest however White House did have the option to cancel the game due to a lack of players. They didn't do it. Take your beatdown and move along because now the War Eagles for the moment have bigger fish to fry.

Sycamore beats White House 76-41 and didn't play all that well in all honesty. There are a ton of things the War Eagles need to improve on as the season progresses. Gaines would have had to score 40 for WH to win this one last night because the War Eagles perimeter players are better than WH has ever seen.

If you want to use that as an excuse then please by my guest however White House did have the option to cancel the game due to a lack of players. They didn't do it. Take your beatdown and move along because now the War Eagles for the moment have bigger fish to fry.

Sycamore beats White House 76-41 and didn't play all that well in all honesty. There are a ton of things the War Eagles need to improve on as the season progresses. Gaines would have had to score 40 for WH to win this one last night because the War Eagles perimeter players are better than WH has ever seen.

Yes, Sycamore won and I would expect them to win. No excuses, just facts. All I am pointing out is a fact that when you have 13 out of 15 Varsity players missing from your team and you use 2 varsity players and a few JV players, it is something worth commenting on. Any self-respecting broadcaster, homer or not would comment on that fact. To go on the air and pretend you are beating a state tournament team and not even comment on the facts shows that you were not living in reality.

I actually was impressed with your play by play ability. You just have lost perspective on reality when it comes to the commentary side of the job.

Good luck.

Yes, Sycamore won and I would expect them to win. No excuses, just facts. All I am pointing out is a fact that when you have 13 out of 15 Varsity players missing from your team and you use 2 varsity players and a few JV players, it is something worth commenting on. Any self-respecting broadcaster, homer or not would comment on that fact. To go on the air and pretend you are beating a state tournament team and not even comment on the facts shows that you were not living in reality.

I actually was impressed with your play by play ability. You just have lost perspective on reality when it comes to the commentary side of the job.

Good luck.

Does Sycamore football get to use that same excuse for losing 40-3 to White House a few weeks ago on the gridiron????? If I recall the War Eagles had 4-5 players that are starters on the bench in that one nursing injuries. JUST WONDERING /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Thanks for the comments about the play-by-play. Also congrats to Gaines for being a finalist for 3A Mr. Football Lineman. He's a player /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />