Sycamore

SHS War Eagle 85

Does Sycamore football get to use that same excuse for losing 40-3 to White House a few weeks ago on the gridiron????? If I recall the War Eagles had 4-5 players that are starters on the bench in that one nursing injuries. JUST WONDERING /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Thanks for the comments about the play-by-play. Also congrats to Gaines for being a finalist for 3A Mr. Football Lineman. He's a player /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

No sycamore can not use that excuse. White House didnt have 13 guys out with injuries, they were still out on the football field. There is no way they could have played. Those guys out with injuries could have played if there injuries were not all that bad, but I dont know how bad they were, nor do I care. White House does have more than one player that is worth something, which is the reason they are in the top 5 in the mid state. The same reason Harpeth and Sycamore are in the top 5, because they have a great cast of players.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No sycamore can not use that excuse. White House didnt have 13 guys out with injuries, they were still out on the football field. There is no way they could have played. Those guys out with injuries could have played if there injuries were not all that bad, but I dont know how bad they were, nor do I care. White House does have more than one player that is worth something, which is the reason they are in the top 5 in the mid state. The same reason Harpeth and Sycamore are in the top 5, because they have a great cast of players.

BUT.........White House did have that as an excuse. They could have cancelled the game to a later date because they have guys playing football.

Stewart Co. was schedule to play Bruceton last night but Bruceton chose to cancel the game until further notice because they are still playing in the football playoffs this week against TCA. THIS IS AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT WHHS SHOULD HAVE DONE IF THE GAME WAS THAT DARN IMPORTANT!!!!

White House could have done the same thing and Sycamore would have been more than happy to go along with their plans. Right now they have a great football team that is hosting Greenbrier on Friday night in the second round of the TSSAA State Playoffs. That takes priority over the first game of the basketball season at this point in time. THEREFORE............it can't be used as an excuse for the 76-41 beating last night. If the game was really THAT DAD GUM IMPORTANT then White House would have chosen to reschedule it. Sycamore has a 12 DAY BREAK FROM 11/15-11/27!!!!! I am sure that they could have found a date somewhere in that period of time to play White House if the Blue Devils football team is to go down in that period of time.

Injuries are a bigger issue than the fact that a coach simply chose not to re-schedule a game. I know you hate Sycamore High School HHS. I think it is perfectly okay. You are supposed to hate SHS & CCCHS. This is because you went to Harpeth and to the best of my knowledge do not have any relatives coaching or attending either of the other two county schools. YOU'VE GOT TO ADMIT THAT YOU JUST DO NOT LIKE SYCAMORE!!!! Tell me that and it will be more than okay I promise you.

I know plenty of Sycamore fans that hate Harpeth & Cheatham. I know plenty of Cheatham fans that hate Sycamore & Harpeth. I am sure you are one of many Harpeth fans that hate Cheatham & especially SYCAMORE!!!

The record books read Sycamore (1-0) & White House (0-1) and it will forever read that the final was 76-41 in favor of the War Eagles. If White House should see SHS again down the road then that is fine but for now we can only wait and see. Both teams will go on to have good seasons that is for sure /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

BUT.........White House did have that as an excuse. They could have cancelled the game to a later date because they have guys playing football.

Stewart Co. was schedule to play Bruceton last night but Bruceton chose to cancel the game until further notice because they are still playing in the football playoffs this week against TCA. THIS IS AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT WHHS SHOULD HAVE DONE IF THE GAME WAS THAT DARN IMPORTANT!!!!

White House could have done the same thing and Sycamore would have been more than happy to go along with their plans. Right now they have a great football team that is hosting Greenbrier on Friday night in the second round of the TSSAA State Playoffs. That takes priority over the first game of the basketball season at this point in time. THEREFORE............it can't be used as an excuse for the 76-41 beating last night. If the game was really THAT DAD GUM IMPORTANT then White House would have chosen to reschedule it. Sycamore has a 12 DAY BREAK FROM 11/15-11/27!!!!! I am sure that they could have found a date somewhere in that period of time to play White House if the Blue Devils football team is to go down in that period of time.

Injuries are a bigger issue than the fact that a coach simply chose not to re-schedule a game. I know you hate Sycamore High School HHS. I think it is perfectly okay. You are supposed to hate SHS & CCCHS. This is because you went to Harpeth and to the best of my knowledge do not have any relatives coaching or attending either of the other two county schools. YOU'VE GOT TO ADMIT THAT YOU JUST DO NOT LIKE SYCAMORE!!!! Tell me that and it will be more than okay I promise you.

I know plenty of Sycamore fans that hate Harpeth & Cheatham. I know plenty of Cheatham fans that hate Sycamore & Harpeth. I am sure you are one of many Harpeth fans that hate Cheatham & especially SYCAMORE!!!

The record books read Sycamore (1-0) & White House (0-1) and it will forever read that the final was 76-41 in favor of the War Eagles. If White House should see SHS again down the road then that is fine but for now we can only wait and see. Both teams will go on to have good seasons that is for sure /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well as you and everybody else in the county that gets on coacht knows I do hate SYCAMORE HIGH SCHOOL, but CREEK WOOD is next in line for me!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

It was just a Hall of Fame game, and you all did beat White House. BUT... if you all do it again in the tournament, then I will stop with the questioning and the "what ifs".

At one time there was an argument of whether or not the Hall of Fame games 'counted' on the regular season record. I always thought if you wore the unies, paid the zebras, called the scores into the Tennessean and charged at the gate, that they count. That being said, it's a valid point to say that Cascade and White House did not bring their A games to Harpeth and Sycamore. Personally, I'd rather be playing football right now because it would mean we're going to the second round of the playoffs.

Glorified scrimmage is how I described the Cascade/Harpeth game. That seems appropriate for White House/Sycamore as well. They all count, but not really. I think there's a reason that district games aren't scheduled when there's a possibility of football teams being in the playoffs. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

At one time there was an argument of whether or not the Hall of Fame games 'counted' on the regular season record. I always thought if you wore the unies, paid the zebras, called the scores into the Tennessean and charged at the gate, that they count. That being said, it's a valid point to say that Cascade and White House did not bring their A games to Harpeth and Sycamore. Personally, I'd rather be playing football right now because it would mean we're going to the second round of the playoffs.

Glorified scrimmage is how I described the Cascade/Harpeth game. That seems appropriate for White House/Sycamore as well. They all count, but not really. I think there's a reason that district games aren't scheduled when there's a possibility of football teams being in the playoffs. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Friday November 30th is the first night of District 11AA games this season. That means that an 11AA school's football team would have to make the semifinal round of the playoffs in order to have a cry as far as an undermanned basketball team would go.

Friday November 30th is the first night of District 11AA games this season. That means that an 11AA school's football team would have to make the semifinal round of the playoffs in order to have a cry as far as an undermanned basketball team would go.

Luckily we are already out. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

If you want to use that as an excuse then please by my guest however White House did have the option to cancel the game due to a lack of players. They didn't do it. Take your beatdown and move along because now the War Eagles for the moment have bigger fish to fry.

Sycamore beats White House 76-41 and didn't play all that well in all honesty. There are a ton of things the War Eagles need to improve on as the season progresses. Gaines would have had to score 40 for WH to win this one last night because the War Eagles perimeter players are better than WH has ever seen.

Big Country what are you smoking? Barnes had 20 last year against Sycamore with about four or five 3's in the hall of fame game when White House beat Sycamore. Sycamore will be ok this year , but nothing special. Also no one matches up with Gaines from Sycamore. Sycamores perimeter players are better then White House has ever seen??? Dude ,seriously stop smoking whatever your smoking lately. I mean your football posts make some sense to me , but BBall from what your saying now you just dont have a clue.

Let me correct you again BC . White House is 0-0. Hall of fame games are only glorified scrimmages. They don't count if you dont want them too. You can count the wins if you want like WH did last year, but if you lose you don't have to count them.

I was just looking in to see whether or not there was a reply to my post about the Battle of the State thing but I do want to comment on something.....

Big Country...Tell me,did you mention the fact that White House had all those guys out for football??...To go about a broadcast without mentioning that and acting as if Sycamore was beating White House with all their resources isn't really fair....I don't know,I didn't hear the game.....When Sycamore was beating the brakes off a JV team did you ever mention that this would be a different game if White House had all those guys out for the football playoffs??...The reason White House came and played anyway was because they don't have to count it(Maybe they did count it,I don't know)....It was basically practice...Now,I'm sure if by some miracle they did beat Sycamore with what they had last night they would have counted it.....I really have to give credit to WH for coming,like you said they could have backed out...But they didn't and it really doesn't make any difference anyway.....I doubt had WH had all those guys it would have been 76-41....Just my opinion on that....

Big Country do you have any info on the tournament????...

I was just looking in to see whether or not there was a reply to my post about the Battle of the State thing but I do want to comment on something.....

Big Country...Tell me,did you mention the fact that White House had all those guys out for football??...To go about a broadcast without mentioning that and acting as if Sycamore was beating White House with all their resources isn't really fair....I don't know,I didn't hear the game.....When Sycamore was beating the brakes off a JV team did you ever mention that this would be a different game if White House had all those guys out for the football playoffs??...The reason White House came and played anyway was because they don't have to count it(Maybe they did count it,I don't know)....It was basically practice...Now,I'm sure if by some miracle they did beat Sycamore with what they had last night they would have counted it.....I really have to give credit to WH for coming,like you said they could have backed out...But they didn't and it really doesn't make any difference anyway.....I doubt had WH had all those guys it would have been 76-41....Just my opinion on that....

Big Country do you have any info on the tournament????...

MJ Brown had any D1 offers yet?

Luckily we are already out. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I don't think any of the 11AA basketball teams are going to have to worry about not having their football players back by November 30th. I think only one is playing on November 16th.

Not hating Big Country, but I think you have been drinking the Wareagle Koolaid. Lohin is a huge loss. Pierre is very athletic and he will be a force to be reckoned with, but the top frontcourt in the state? Cherry and Guye are additions that the district didn't see last year at Sycamore, but I think the district won't be a cakewalk for anyone. Harpeth lost Newton and Baker, but they are guard heavy and deep. It will be 40 minutes of suicides. Cheatham lost big Dansby, Beach and Guye. Creekwood has everybody returning. I look for them to make some noise. Central lost their go to guy as did Stewart County. Waverly is young. Not sure where Fairview fits in the scheme of things. I don't see a big dropoff from the top except Cheatham. Creekwood is the X factor. Very well coached and some good athletes. They'll finish top 3 with Harpeth and Sycamore.

First of all, Hall of Fame games do not count. The TSSAA regulates how many games you can play, so most teams added the infamous Hall of Fame games to allow them to get a game experience under their belt. It does not count on the record.

I agree with KSgovols, it is going to be a toss up at the top between Harpeth,Sycamore, Creek Wood. Don't figure a young Waverly bunch in the equation because they lost to Hickman County who had 4 starters out for football. They have talent, but very young and inexperienced. It should be a fun District tournament though.