Sycamore

SHS War Eagle 85

I was just looking in to see whether or not there was a reply to my post about the Battle of the State thing but I do want to comment on something.....

Big Country...Tell me,did you mention the fact that White House had all those guys out for football??...To go about a broadcast without mentioning that and acting as if Sycamore was beating White House with all their resources isn't really fair....I don't know,I didn't hear the game.....When Sycamore was beating the brakes off a JV team did you ever mention that this would be a different game if White House had all those guys out for the football playoffs??...The reason White House came and played anyway was because they don't have to count it(Maybe they did count it,I don't know)....It was basically practice...Now,I'm sure if by some miracle they did beat Sycamore with what they had last night they would have counted it.....I really have to give credit to WH for coming,like you said they could have backed out...But they didn't and it really doesn't make any difference anyway.....I doubt had WH had all those guys it would have been 76-41....Just my opinion on that....

Big Country do you have any info on the tournament????...

NO!!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Sycamore won tonight against Houston Co. 67-32. They beat White House 76-41 to open the season. In other words I have seen 2 GAMES & 2 BEATDOWNS OF 35-POINTS!!!!!

I think Sycamore should schedule Pioneer Christian and then BC can go on the radio and say how they just beat a team by 80 points that had several NCAA division I players last year on the team. He could say Sycamore just beat a team by 80 points that was playing teams like Oak Hill Academy just last year. I hear they might have a 5-11" center this year, but you won't have to mention that or the fact that the coach left and took all the players to NACA. Call them up and see if you could add them to the schedule and you could increase that impressive "beat down" margin of victory average.

I think Sycamore should schedule Pioneer Christian and then BC can go on the radio and say how they just beat a team by 80 points that had several NCAA division I players last year on the team. He could say Sycamore just beat a team by 80 points that was playing teams like Oak Hill Academy just last year. I hear they might have a 5-11" center this year, but you won't have to mention that or the fact that the coach left and took all the players to NACA. Call them up and see if you could add them to the schedule and you could increase that impressive "beat down" margin of victory average.

Don't be such a crybaby excuse maker who is mad at Sycamore's basketball team because of the fact that they are good. That is a sad thing to make yourself out as for everyone on here to see.

Lol. BC do u have a schedule of the Metro Thanksgiving Tourney?? Thanks

It's Wednesday night at McGavock and the girls play at 6:30 followed by the boys at 8:15pm.

If either team loses then they'll play in the afternoon session of the bracket on Friday afternoon. If either team wins then that team will play in the night session of the bracket on Friday evening.

Saturday will be the championships and will totally be dependent on what happens Friday.

The format is similar to college basketball's version of the annual "Maui Invitational" that takes place the week of Thanksgiving every year out in Hawaii. Losers play early in the day and winners get to play in primetime.

THE DATES ARE WEDNESDAY-FRIDAY-SATURDAY & ALL GAMES WILL BE HELD AT MCGAVOCK /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The games will be broadcast on WQSV AM790 but since it's the holiday break I expect to see you there LIVE and in person for this one so get your popcorn ready because Wednesday the Raiders vs the War Eagles will be one heck of a contest /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Don't be such a crybaby excuse maker who is mad at Sycamore's basketball team because of the fact that they are good. That is a sad thing to make yourself out as for everyone on here to see.

I'm not making excuses, have none to make. I am not even a WHHS fan necessarily, didn't go there nor do my kids, just a basketball fan who likes good HS basketball. I just pointed out you were less than honest in your commentating of the game as well as your continual hyperbole comments about Sycamore. You are as bad as BenStiller23 of WH in that category, although I believe he is fairly young and may outgrow some of it, hopefully.

I was never mad at Sycamore, I think they are a pretty good team. I simply pointed out your distortion and spinning of Sycamore's accomplishments and you can not accept that you were not very fair in your commentaries of WHHS vs. Sycamore. I'm not the crybaby on this one, because I don't have anything to cry about over the loss.

The Pioneer comment was to tell you that when the teams accomplishments are more meaningful, then sing their praises, otherwise you sound like all of the other front-runner pretenders on the board.

I'm not making excuses, have none to make. I am not even a WHHS fan necessarily, didn't go there nor do my kids, just a basketball fan who likes good HS basketball. I just pointed out you were less than honest in your commentating of the game as well as your continual hyperbole comments about Sycamore. You are as bad as BenStiller23 of WH in that category, although I believe he is fairly young and may outgrow some of it, hopefully.

I was never mad at Sycamore, I think they are a pretty good team. I simply pointed out your distortion and spinning of Sycamore's accomplishments and you can not accept that you were not very fair in your commentaries of WHHS vs. Sycamore. I'm not the crybaby on this one, because I don't have anything to cry about over the loss.

The Pioneer comment was to tell you that when the teams accomplishments are more meaningful, then sing their praises, otherwise you sound like all of the other front-runner pretenders on the board.

If you are not crying or do not care then why post anything to begin with????? EXACTLY AS I THOUGHT!!!! You are just a sad induvidual who has nothing better to do than to get on here and attempt to start conflicts over stuff that doesn't involve you in any way. KEEP YOUR COMMENTS OFF OF THIS THREAD & GO FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO GRIPE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT 85' /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

If you are not crying or do not care then why post anything to begin with????? EXACTLY AS I THOUGHT!!!! You are just a sad induvidual who has nothing better to do than to get on here and attempt to start conflicts over stuff that doesn't involve you in any way. KEEP YOUR COMMENTS OFF OF THIS THREAD & GO FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO GRIPE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT 85' /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Sounds like a plan..... you pretty much know it all anyway..... no one else should ever comment either..... this is the Big Country thread and everyone needs to listen to him.

With good referees most of Sycamores squad will be fouled out by half time.......... decent ballplayers, but rely mainly on pushing the other team around. Harpeth will stomp them.

No Trash Talkin From Sycamore We Express Our Words By Destroying Them On Tha Court. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />