Dobyns Bennett @ Farragut

DBstudent

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw both teams play WB...I don't remember much from the DB/WB match up as it was early in the season. All of the comments about Sterling are correct; he is the real deal. Against WB, Farragut was able to keep drives alive on 3rd and 5-6 by throwing underneath. Our corners would give a 10 yard cushion, and keep giving the 1st down throwing to the WR on the right side, #9 I think. That was the danger.....that's why Sterling became so effective. The WB "D" would have Sterling stopped short of a first down, but that little 4-5 yard pass kept the drives alive and gave Sterling more opportunities to run. On the flip side, I also agree with another post that said you would have to score significantly to win. I think the winning team will have to be around 30.

Good luck to both teams /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> ......and I couldn't stand the "you can't stop him" cheer either.....but you know what.....we couldn't.

No offense to DB; I would like to see you win, but if WB is able to play well against Bearden and maybe get a turnover or two and come out with a win, I would love to get another crack at Farragut. 2 seasons 3 close losses.....I was at all 3. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I have been looking at stats on both teams. Stat wise Oak Ridge dominated DB the only reason they won is because of those two pick6's. I am very confident that the Admirals will pull this one off. The only thing that will hurt the Admirals is if they play down like they did against Jeff. Co.

MY PICK IS FHS-41

DB-17

GO BIG BLUE

I'm not sure where you are getting your "stats" but there were 0 interception returns for TDs. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Does DB have many players that play both ways? I would say that contributed to the OR disaster, as well as Jeff Co.'s second half fold. Farragut seemed to have trouble in the first half blocking Jeff Co.'s monster DT's, but once they began to wear down Sterling had his way. My opinion is that in order to stop Sterling you must get penetration with your DL. If Farragut's OL can block your DL and get Sterling to the LB's and DB's you will give up big chunks of yardage. I think Farragut's schedule has done a good job preparing them for the playoffs, and I don't think DB will sneak up on Farragut. The fact that Farragut hasn't seen DB in a number of years is in their favor, as they wont be as overconfident as they were with Jeff Co.

I am excited to see Chris Sensabaugh. I hope he lives up to the hype the DB faithful have eluded to. I still can't imagine a Freshman being a dominant RB at the 5A level, but Gulmire from Oak Ridge was a good Freshman.

Farragut 31 DB 17

I would love to see Farragut get hammered, but I just don't see it happening, to much sterling - Farr24-DB14

Does DB have many players that play both ways? I would say that contributed to the OR disaster, as well as Jeff Co.'s second half fold. Farragut seemed to have trouble in the first half blocking Jeff Co.'s monster DT's, but once they began to wear down Sterling had his way. My opinion is that in order to stop Sterling you must get penetration with your DL. If Farragut's OL can block your DL and get Sterling to the LB's and DB's you will give up big chunks of yardage. I think Farragut's schedule has done a good job preparing them for the playoffs, and I don't think DB will sneak up on Farragut. The fact that Farragut hasn't seen DB in a number of years is in their favor, as they wont be as overconfident as they were with Jeff Co.

I am excited to see Chris Sensabaugh. I hope he lives up to the hype the DB faithful have eluded to. I still can't imagine a Freshman being a dominant RB at the 5A level, but Gulmire from Oak Ridge was a good Freshman.

Farragut 31 DB 17