FCS @ South Pitt

busted knuckles

/blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Well it getting close now . This is going to be a close game i think . The team that makes the fewest mistakes win. But one thing for sure its going to be one of the best games to watch tonight. Good luck to both teams hope no one gets hurt. BUT I HOPE FCS PULLS THIS ONE OUT. I would love to see a rematch with G VILLE.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some articles from todays Chattanooga TFP

No 1 ranked Pirates need "Forgotten Guys"

5 Questions with Allen Pratt

A few more things from today's paper

FRIENDSHIP CHRISTIAN COMMANDERS (8-3) at SOUTH PITTSBURG PIRATES (11-0)

Tonight, 8 (7 PM Central)

Playoff history: Friendship Christian has a 13-15 playoff record and was last years state runner-up. South Pittsburg is 46-21 in the postseason and a three-time state champion. Friendship Christian beat the Pirates 14-13 in the 2005 second round. Whom to watch: FCS RB Jeremy Rickaway has run for more than 1,300 yards and will be the focus of a Pirates defense that allows an average of 86 rushing yards. Eric Molander is another solid runner, and Beau Baker gives the Commanders a clear advantage in the kicking game. South Pittsburg is led by FB Robert Robinson, who averages 12.5 yards per carry, and RB-LB David Jones. QB Cody Robinson and WR Rashawn Weatherspoon give the Pirates balance. Key question: If the Commanders are able to contain the speed to the corners, are the Pirates physical enough to sustain drives between the tackles? Up next: The winner will play the winner of tonights Lookout Valley at Gordonsville game. South Pittsburg would host either team, but Friendship Christian would travel to either winner.

THIS WEEKS HIGH FIVE

3. Cody Robinson (South Pittsburg): The Pirates have two running backs averaging around 12 yards per carry, led by Mr. Football finalist Robert Robinson and one of the areas best all-purpose athletes in Rashawn Weatherspoon. But quarterback, Cody Robinson is a calming presence, having thrown for 703 yards and 11 TDs against just two interceptions this year.

/blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Well it getting close now . This is going to be a close game i think . The team that makes the fewest mistakes win. But one thing for sure its going to be one of the best games to watch tonight. Good luck to both teams hope no one gets hurt. BUT I HOPE FCS PULLS THIS ONE OUT. I would love to see a rematch with G VILLE.

SP has a good ball team, we wouldn't expect anything less. I'm not sure what will happen tonight. We've got a young group of boys that will come ready & will play with everything they've got. Hope it is an injury free game on both sides!

Let's play some football!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Some articles from todays Chattanooga TFP

No 1 ranked Pirates need "Forgotten Guys"

5 Questions with Allen Pratt

A few more things from today's paper

FRIENDSHIP CHRISTIAN COMMANDERS (8-3) at SOUTH PITTSBURG PIRATES (11-0)

Tonight, 8 (7 PM Central)

Playoff history: Friendship Christian has a 13-15 playoff record and was last years state runner-up. South Pittsburg is 46-21 in the postseason and a three-time state champion. Friendship Christian beat the Pirates 14-13 in the 2005 second round. Whom to watch: FCS RB Jeremy Rickaway has run for more than 1,300 yards and will be the focus of a Pirates defense that allows an average of 86 rushing yards. Eric Molander is another solid runner, and Beau Baker gives the Commanders a clear advantage in the kicking game. South Pittsburg is led by FB Robert Robinson, who averages 12.5 yards per carry, and RB-LB David Jones. QB Cody Robinson and WR Rashawn Weatherspoon give the Pirates balance. Key question: If the Commanders are able to contain the speed to the corners, are the Pirates physical enough to sustain drives between the tackles? Up next: The winner will play the winner of tonights Lookout Valley at Gordonsville game. South Pittsburg would host either team, but Friendship Christian would travel to either winner.

THIS WEEKS HIGH FIVE

3. Cody Robinson (South Pittsburg): The Pirates have two running backs averaging around 12 yards per carry, led by Mr. Football finalist Robert Robinson and one of the areas best all-purpose athletes in Rashawn Weatherspoon. But quarterback, Cody Robinson is a calming presence, having thrown for 703 yards and 11 TDs against just two interceptions this year.

Well that a good article zone. Its going to be a great game a great atomsphere for a football game. And win or lose i will be proud of our guys. And will say congrats. to you best of luck if you win.

Well that a good article zone. Its going to be a great game a great atomsphere for a football game. And win or lose i will be proud of our guys. And will say congrats. to you best of luck if you win.

Steven is a good writer. I'm sure he will have a good article about the game in tomorrow paper. All ya'll FC folks drive safely and enjoy your visit...just not too much OK /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> . See everybody at the game.

Key question: If the Commanders are able to contain the speed to the corners, are the Pirates physical enough to sustain drives between the tackles?

Thats a quote from the paper down there. Its about the best sentence in the entire writting of all the articles. I think he finally remembered last years results of all the speed. No they couldnt run between the tackles last year. When the corner speed was contained.

Question is down to this. Can they do it this year? FC has a tough line for sure. Has FC got the line to stop them? GV had to use a foot to beat them. How good is SPs kicking game? How many field goals this year for SP? That may be what it comes down to. FC has a great kicker. None of this was brought up in the article. I just thought I would throw it out there.

Key question: If the Commanders are able to contain the speed to the corners, are the Pirates physical enough to sustain drives between the tackles?

Thats a quote from the paper down there. Its about the best sentence in the entire writting of all the articles. I think he finally remembered last years results of all the speed. No they couldnt run between the tackles last year. When the corner speed was contained.

Question is down to this. Can they do it this year? FC has a tough line for sure. Has FC got the line to stop them? GV had to use a foot to beat them. How good is SPs kicking game? How many field goals this year for SP? That may be what it comes down to. FC has a great kicker. None of this was brought up in the article. I just thought I would throw it out there.

The kicking game was brought up in the article, and they gave FC the advantage.