MBA vs. Father Ryan

Hadouken

the refs last year at MBA allowed Ryan a chance to win the game they didn't deserve. MBA had 3rd and short with the lead, late in the 4th quarter. MBA converted the 3rd down with a run up the middle, but somehow was flagged for holding on a play that lasted about 2 seconds. So instead of the game-clinching first down, it's now 3rd and long. MBA doesn't convert, and has to punt to Ryan. Ryan moves the ball but eventually throws an int, which sealed the game.

I assume I'm going to have to write this before every Ryan-MBA game because as usual, the Ryan people are blaming the refs for the loss...

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the refs last year at MBA allowed Ryan a chance to win the game they didn't deserve. MBA had 3rd and short with the lead, late in the 4th quarter. MBA converted the 3rd down with a run up the middle, but somehow was flagged for holding on a play that lasted about 2 seconds. So instead of the game-clinching first down, it's now 3rd and long. MBA doesn't convert, and has to punt to Ryan. Ryan moves the ball but eventually throws an int, which sealed the game.

I assume I'm going to have to write this before every Ryan-MBA game because as usual, the Ryan people are blaming the refs for the loss...

Ryan has been on the short end of the officiating stick in the MBA-Ryan game, what, 11 consecutive years now? Man, MBA knows how to fix the officiating, don't they?

Only thing i ask for is a fair called game from the refs. wasn't one last year at mba, but then again when is it ever a fair called game when you play at mba??? and wasn't this year at greer either.

This means mba parents or alumni don't pay the refs, let the teams decide who wins

I agree with you on the need for a well-officiated game. On that note, I really hope the refs call the personal foul penalties when Ryan starts up with the late hits and cheap shots. If Ryan gets behind and gets frustrated, it could get ugly, and the refs need to keep it under control.

Yea Im pretty sure the refs called back a touchdown for holding 10 seconds after we scored.

By all means, let me know the url...it's been a miserable season on the boards here. Obviouly I follow the MBA games closer than anything else, and some of the posts relating to MBA, Ryan, and Ensworth have been downright embarrassing to everybody involved.

And thank you for the compliment, but who are you calling old?

I'm assuming that your discussion of a game from the 70's would date you to that era of MBA football. I consider myself old, especially on this board, and I played in the 80's. Therefore, you are ancient!

I feel bad for whoever wins this game.. They will most likely have to play BA... have fun with that.catinaboss, your sig is soo overdramatic.

MBA already beat BA. And dont say that Jordan was out. MBA had Christian Waddey out, Spencer Wise was limping significantly, and Preston was not even close to 100%. and MBA had 3 fumbles that were blatantly MBA's and were called back, and one would have been returned for a TD

There is no way that MBA puts up 42 on Ryan. Their offense is nothing compared to BA's, even without Chris Jordan. I'm calling the upset, by 2, on a last second field goal as THOUSANDS of FR students and fans, myself included, storm the field and TEAR DOWN MBA'S GOALPOSTS

youre an idiot, no chance, enough said

footing is no better on that turf at mba

are you kidding? the footing is miserable at Greer, and the turf is just as good, probably better, than grass

MBA already beat BA. And dont say that Jordan was out. MBA had Christian Waddey out, Spencer Wise was limping significantly, and Preston was not even close to 100%. and MBA had 3 fumbles that were blatantly MBA's and were called back, and one would have been returned for a TDyoure an idiot, no chance, enough saidare you kidding? the footing is miserable at Greer, and the turf is just as good, probably better, than grass

LoL MBA wont beat BA if they meet in the championship.

Your an idiot, no chance, enough said.

EDIT: /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

Only thing i ask for is a fair called game from the refs. wasn't one last year at mba, but then again when is it ever a fair called game when you play at mba??? and wasn't this year at greer either.

This means mba parents or alumni don't pay the refs, let the teams decide who wins

quit complaining about last year, and as for not having a fair game at MBA, care to check the BA game, where MBA got 3 OBVIOUS fumble recoveries called back, the refs arent paid, and you guys know it, youre just looking for excuses. And anyways, if MBA paid the refs, dont you think that they might have called all of the late hits, personal fouls, and unnecessary roughness penalties?????

Ryan has been on the short end of the officiating stick in the MBA-Ryan game, what, 11 consecutive years now? Man, MBA knows how to fix the officiating, don't they?

yeah the only way MBA could have won the last 11 years is that they paid the refs, ther's no POSSIBLE WAY that they simply had better teams