MBA vs. Father Ryan

Hadouken

I think this has the potential to be a good game, but I really don't see MBA needing to stray from running the ball if they get any kind of early lead. If Ryan can be competitive early they have shot, but I really don't see them playing well from behind with MBA... I expect a hard-nosed, well fought game from both sides.... but I really expect this one to either be a blowout for MBA or an extremely close win for whoever's on top at the end... MBA got put out of the playoffs in 2006 to a Baylor team they had beaten a week earlier, and if Ryan's going to win I expect it to be pretty similar to that game--but it's going to take a LOT of heart to overcome this red squad in the playoffs

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MBA won't look past any opponent. Just not gonna happen as long as Coach Elliott and Coach Redmond are on the staff. From the first snap, they're gonna line up and hit you right in the mouth....no matter who the opponent is. There is nothing soft about this MBA team, a sign that Rutledge's presence is finally not felt on The Hill.

MBA vs Father Ryan is big deal, no way the MBA seniors look past their last chance to embarrass their cross town rival.

Here's to an injury free game.

MBA 33

Ryan 12

MBA easy...setting up the rematch everyone wants to see.

IMO...the two best teams in the state BA vs. MBA

Not so fast my friend! I do agree that MBA and BA are the two best teams, but the best teams don't always end up playing each other. If that's the case lets just go to the finals, lets make them earn it next friday night. There are other games that would be just as exciting.

Having seen both MBA and Father Ryan play the same opponent (Ensworth), I don't think that Father Ryan will have the sheer force of will to stop MBA in what is going to be a very physical game. I believe that MBA will more than likely repeat their regular season success against Father Ryan and advance to the next round.

Forget that MBA is 11-0 and nationally ranked...forget the 26-0 MBA victory over Ryan...let's look at the situation as of today...MBA is loaded with weapons...consider what lies ahead of Father Ryan...they have to find a way to throttle MBA's rushing attack...Vinsang, Waddey and Bartholomew...when the running game has momentarily stalled this season QB Wise has found receivers Harris and Sloan for key first downs and TDs...and when you least expect it, Wise has run for key yardage and TDs...and if that's not enough, MBA has a kicker in Fletcher who is accurate from 50 and, more often than not, kicks off into the end zone making opponents start from the 20 yard line...furthermore, Ryan has to figure out a way that it can score against MBA's smothering defense which is giving up less than 9 points per game!

At least five, maybe six of MBA's victory's came against teams that were undefeated at the time MBA played them. Six of MBA's regular season opponents are in the playoffs in their respective divisions/regions.

To win this game, Ryan must stop MBA's rushing attack...how does Coach Lussier approach this task besides putting 8 or 9 men in the box? Can Ryan throw on MBA? Who are Ryan's top receivers?

This game probably won't be a shutout but MBA's win will be greater then the 26-0 win

The scoreboard at the end of the game should read 42 to 10

There is no way that MBA puts up 42 on Ryan. Their offense is nothing compared to BA's, even without Chris Jordan. I'm calling the upset, by 2, on a last second field goal as THOUSANDS of FR students and fans, myself included, storm the field and TEAR DOWN MBA'S GOALPOSTS

This will be different because the game will be actually played on a "football" field. The players won't have to worry about losing their footing every play like they did at Greer. Look for big 50 to have another big game as he had around 4 or 5 sacks against webb. ryan better show up or they're going to get dominated...again, but i just don't see that happening....

mba-27

ryan-7

This will be different because the game will be actually played on a "football" field. The players won't have to worry about losing their footing every play like they did at Greer. Look for big 50 to have another big game as he had around 4 or 5 sacks against webb. ryan better show up or they're going to get dominated...again, but i just don't see that happening....

mba-27

ryan-7

footing is no better on that turf at mba